Speculation: OEL trade speculation megathread

Status
Not open for further replies.

FreeMcdavid

Dec 30, 2019
I wonder if the players that actually played in the Edm bubble changed their mind about Edm at all? You would think that the Oilers brass would have used the opportunity to make players feel really welcome.

There's an article up that said alot of players were disappointed with the experience and they were promised alot of BS that never came true.

Peter Griffin

Feb 13, 2003
Visit site
I wonder how many teams OEL is actually even willing to go to and how many are actually willing to take on his contract? Could be a very underwhelming return if he is actually traded.

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
I have to visit Arizona one day, especially since I play golf (not well).

It amazes me how many hockey players want to stay there and play for that franchise over going elsewhere. I have to see for myself what it is about Arizona.

Vegas I get. Been there, want to return A S A P. No brainer. But Arizona?

:help:

The WAGs absolutely adore Scottsdale and so do the players. It's not really that surprising.

Reactions: Devonator

trick9

Jun 2, 2013
Why are people shocked? Sure they have McDavid but Edmonton are a bubble team.

Emerz

#1 PLD Fanboy
Jun 5, 2013
Nova Scotia
Hmm sounds like it might end up being Boston, I'm intrigued to see what OEL can do in Cassidy's system and 2 ~95-100 winger point wingers. I genuinely have no clue if he's regressed but for a few years there in Arizona he was looking real good.

Is he still good?

Merrrlin

Grab the 9 iron, Barry!
Jul 2, 2019
Edmonton& Boston were mentioned yesterday.

Maybe time to be a bit scared?

I am not sure I love losing Krug and gaining OEL for around the same cap hit.

Keep waffling on it. I guess if his skating decline has been exaggerated and he can still defend decently, then you have a nice top pairing option to play with McAvoy.

DatsDeking

Jun 25, 2013
Kind of out of the loop and have only heard passing rumors and opinions, but what’s so bad about living in Edmonton? Hockey standings aside, are the winters really THAT bad?

krutovsdonut

eeyore
Sep 25, 2016
There's an article up that said alot of players were disappointed with the experience and they were promised alot of BS that never came true.

i actually thought as i read that article that katz should have stepped in where the league failed. he missed an opportunity to make sure the players loved it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Le Havre vs Marseille
    Le Havre vs Marseille
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $55.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Lens vs Montpellier
    Lens vs Montpellier