Proposal: OEL for a Center

Porter Stoutheart

We Got Wood
Jun 14, 2017
I've asked about RNH and Oilers fans don't like the "fit" even if they do like the "value". The Trochek ship has sailed, obviously. Horvat seems to be a no-go. I've asked about Ryan Johansen and got varying reactions.
I can imagine varying reactions came from both sides of the aisle with Ryan Johansen. I forget now, but maybe at the time we were more hopeful for change with the new coach? Maybe we hadn't quite hit our frustration saturating point yet with Johansen? It does seem like a good value deal for the Preds, player-wise.

But then we run into the same problems as before non-player-wise, with Josi and Ekholm already logging big minutes on LD, and the looming expansion draft issues with our likely desire to protect all of Josi, Ekholm, Ellis, and Fabbro already. It would kind of have to be part of some bigger shakeup on the team, I think. And I don't think Poile is at the stage quite yet of looking for a shakeup of multiple core players.

Of course, Johansen himself probably shouldn't be the best you could do either. At his best, he has been... "serviceable"... as a low-end 1C, but he certainly hasn't been at his best this year, and I'm sure his name doesn't get a lot of Coyotes fans excited.

So in summary, yeah, no clear answer here still.

DatDude44

Hmmmm?
Feb 23, 2012
What are they paying to get rid of Bozaks 5 mil. Because thats kinda a lot for a 35ish pt 3C
I think they could move bozak to a team in need of veteran depth for a mid rd draft pick. Only 1 yr at 5 mill isn’t too bad, of it we’re multiple years it’d be tough.

Dead Coyote

Oct 10, 2017
Switch Crouse for Fischer and retain 25% on Alzner.

There is no way in hell I'm considering trading OEL for Kotkaniemi. I love Mete but he's a LHD. If this is the best we can do we should just keep OEL. I've watched Kotka a lot, he wouldn't do well in our system and he's degressing fast after being in the coaches doghouse. Not gonna say he's a bust but a lot of people are leaning that direction. I'd much rather grab Suzuki.

Bouboumaster

Jul 4, 2014
I've watched Kotka a lot, he wouldn't do well in our system and he's degressing fast after being in the coaches doghouse. Not gonna say he's a bust but a lot of people are leaning that direction. I'd much rather grab Suzuki.

Kotkaniemi is like, 19 years old? Sophomore year?

And yeah, we'll keep Suzuki, but thanks for offering lol

Dead Coyote

Oct 10, 2017
Kotkaniemi is like, 19 years old? Sophomore year?

And yeah, we'll keep Suzuki, but thanks for offering lol

I am so sorry for not wanting to trade a #1D valued across the league for a sophomore year center who is struggling. My apologies.

Banded Peak

Apr 15, 2015
Stupid last line.

French is a beautiful language and most of us here in Quebec, especially in Montreal speak perfectly english, unlike people in english Canada who don't give a damn about speaking french even though this country has 2 official languages.

No player was ever obliged to speak french either. So keep your comments with shades of racism for you.

Thank you

A Quebecker making ridiculous blanket statements about English Canada all while proclaiming themselves to be a bastion of tolerance (despite proving over and over again they are the total opposite) is a truly comforting statement to me. In a world where suddenly nothing makes any sense it's nice to see some things never change.

Reactions: SpeakingOfTheDevils

HabsQC

Sep 27, 2008
Gatineau, Quebec
A Quebecker making ridiculous blanket statements about English Canada all while proclaiming themselves to be a bastion of tolerance (despite proving over and over again they are the total opposite) is a truly comforting statement to me. In a world where suddenly nothing makes any sense it's nice to see some things never change.

In a world where suddenly nothing makes sense, your post doesn't either.

Bilingualism =/= tolerance

https://i.redd.it/7l4od911yfp11.jpg

It's a fact that Montreal speaks a lot more of the two languages than Toronto, Edmonton, Calgary, Vancouver, etc. Ottawa is the closest to a bilingual city that we have outside of Quebec.

It's also normal that we speak english because we are surrounded by it from all sides. In the case of Montreal, there always was an anglophone presence (which we are fine with btw). I'm not sure if it were you, but I was replying to the poster who claimed that OEL wouldn't come to Montreal because of the "goddamn French".

Let me know where my ridiculous blanket statement is though.

Also there was a fellow poster from Toronto who fully agreed with me. But we do have intolerant people on our side too. There is in every community.

PS : I could write this post in French as well without using any translation website, could you ?

Last edited:
Reactions: mattihp

HabsQC

Sep 27, 2008
Gatineau, Quebec
Saku Koivu's french was way worse than mine and I have only learned french from movies and chansons. He is huge in Montréal.

To be fair, a lot of people wished he made a bigger effort to speak more French than his occasionnal "Merci beaucoup" because he was captain of the team for so long. Still, he was and still is a hero in MTL.

Reactions: mattihp

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
OEL should be traded straight-up for his centre equivalent, Ryan Johansen
I've proposed this a number of times. It makes sense to me. Most Coyotes fans and most Nashville fans don't like it. Coyotes fans don't like the value, and Nashville fans don't like the fit.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad