I would offer Kotkaniemi and Drouin for OEL and negotiation right with Hall

cwede

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 1, 2010

BlueBaron

May 29, 2006
Sarnia, On
I feel for the OP having done the #1C shuffle for ages after we lost Mats but unfortunately teams so rarely trade #1 C's that when they do come up the price is crazy. I remember watching other teams outbid us on Carter and Richards (both of them) and I usually felt the other team paid too much and was glad our GM dodged the bullet (amazing considering we had Burke).
I look at teams with 2 top #1 Cs like Pitt, Tampa, Edm (yes Oiler fans I conceded Dra is an Elite #1 C), and Toronto and I don't see anyone parting with their guys.

I would look at a guy like Kadri. You can probably get 65-70 points out of him on a good year and his D is solid. He's the closest thing I can think of that would work though I'm sure there are a few others I'm overlooking. Then again Colorado may tell you to go away.

BlueBaron

May 29, 2006
Sarnia, On
Man does no one read?
I do read, I think the problem is your understanding or you thinking you have stated something you have not.

If you think your mention of a deal for another forward somehow suggests trading a big money defenseman, that is not clear at all. Perhaps you simply do not grasp that I was mostly joking and that you currently have 11, 8 and 7 million dollar blueliners already.

Perhaps you are just irrationally hostile? Whatever it is your response makes 0 sense.

I hope you see the irony of your post.

Last edited:

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
I do read, I think the problem is your understanding or you thinking you have stated something you have not.

If you think your mention of a deal for another forward somehow suggests trading a big money defenseman, that is not clear at all. Perhaps you simply do not grasp that I was mostly joking and that you currently have 11, 8 and 7 million dollar blueliners already.

Perhaps you are just irrationally hostile? Whatever it is your response makes 0 sense.
Great. Wanna read deeper in the thread?

SpeakingOfTheDevils

Devils Advocate
Jan 22, 2010
Philadelphia, PA
Coyotes would appreciate the Cap relief
Arizona Coyotes - CapFriendly - NHL Salary Caps
projected Cap Hit for '20-21:$79,990,000

Strome was drafted 5th overall, 2 years after OEL was 6th overall

Strome has 59 points and 41 assists this season
'yotes leader Schmaltz has 45 pts and 34 assists

bundles can be tweaked on both sides

You don't think Panarin has anything to do with Strome's career year? They've been stapled together all season.

Neutrinos

Sep 23, 2016
That's a good offer. I also think the Couture offer and the Schenn offer both make a lot of sense.

As someone said, it's doubtful the Sharks would create a hole in their lineup by parting with Couture

Schenn seems like the best fit given the emergence of Thomas in St. Louis

Baksfamous112

Jul 21, 2016
:laugh: :laugh: For OEL take far more then Danault.

Like what? Danault was top 10 in votes for Selke last and most likely would have been top 10 again. He’s good for at least 50 points a year playing against the other team’s top players night in night out. His faceoffs numbers are always great and his possession stats are absolutely stunning considering the competition he faces on a daily basis.

Yotes could also work out a long term deal with him before the trade if contract is an issue.

Number1RedWingsFan52

Mar 17, 2013
Winter Haven Florida
Like what? Danault was top 10 in votes for Selke last and most likely would have been top 10 again. He’s good for at least 50 points a year playing against the other team’s top players night in night out. His faceoffs numbers are always great and his possession stats are absolutely stunning considering the competition he faces on a daily basis.

Yotes could also work out a long term deal with him before the trade if contract is an issue.
OEL signed long term with Arizona for a reason, He loves playing there plus his NMC says no way to Montreal.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad