Proposal: OEL for a Center

Dead Coyote

Oct 10, 2017
If we trade OEL I want a bonafide scoring C coming back. I love Schenn but he's not the kind of player I want. The last thing we need is another good defensive forward who can put up points. We need someone who can mesh with Hall and decimate the enemy team and leave open good matchups for our 2nd and 3rd lines.

Kuznetsov would be of huge interest to me. I think he'd work great with Hall. Ideally I still like the idea of JT Miller. I'd love Zibanejad, I think he's legit. O'Reilly too. Don't know how realistic those are, but I think those are probably the most realistic outside of guys like Eichel or Point in fantasy land.

Reactions: CF Punk

Mick Jagr

Nice guy, tries hard, loves the game.
Jul 11, 2009
Peterborough, ONT
twitter.com
Coyotes need a legit #1 center, not some overrated center like Stepan who used to only be a 50 point year before coming to Arizona. Those are hard to come by and there's rarely a team who's willing to part with one unless they're aging and the team needs to rebuild.

All these trade offers for 2nd line centers are just not gonna cut it. I love Brayden Schenn's game, but again... he's not a TRUE #1 center.

I'm not sure there's any team out there who's willing to part with a truly good #1 center right now, even for OEL who's locked up for all eternity.

Grand Admiral Thrawn

May 24, 2012
Montreal
Kotka + Alzner
For
OEL

Top four of:
OEL - Weber
Chiarot - Petry

Pretty solid.
It would balance things out.

We give Kotka but you also take Alzner for a couple years.

HabsQC

Sep 27, 2008
Gatineau, Quebec
50% tax rate, crazy media pressure, and the God damned French.

Stupid last line.

French is a beautiful language and most of us here in Quebec, especially in Montreal speak perfectly english, unlike people in english Canada who don't give a damn about speaking french even though this country has 2 official languages.

No player was ever obliged to speak french either. So keep your comments with shades of racism for you.

Thank you

Mtler in Toronto

Mar 1, 2012
Toronto
Stupid last line.

French is a beautiful language and most of us here in Quebec, especially in Montreal speak perfectly english, unlike people in english Canada who don't give a damn about speaking french even though this country has 2 official languages.

No player was ever obliged to speak french either. So keep your comments with shades of racism for you.

Thank you

Thank you for your well written post.
My response was regretfully not as civilized as yours but the ignorance of the initial post definitely evoked the same emotions and disappointment.

Reactions: HabsQC

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
Big risk for the Coyotes. Patrick may not have a very long career.

Patrick + Ghost + ? for OEL
I really don’t have any interest in Patrick at all. Didn’t even like him much before his injuries. Not even before the NHL, honestly.

I’d much prefer Farabee or Frost or even Ratcliffe over Patrick.

Heldig

Apr 12, 2002
BC
This Sharks fan says no to trading Logan for OEL.
Not much interest in him
I do however have a great interest in Chychrun
Next to zero chance of trading for Chychrun. The Coyotes D is getting old. Chychrun is the only good, young guy on the roster (with Soderstrom on the way). They have already traded away Bahl and Joseph.

Heldig

Apr 12, 2002
BC
Patrick has very little value right now with his migraine issues. And Ghost doesn't have that much value either. So that plus had better be pretty big to get OEL out of Arizona.
I agree there is BIG risk trading for Patrick. Maybe the add is a player like Rubstov? I would ask for Frost but know flyers fans will not go for that.

Zahra Starker

Mar 3, 2020
Toronto
Kotka has't proven a thing yet. And Alzner is trash. So why would Arizona make that deal?

Maybe not but your argument is terrible.
I could say the same for zadina and Hayton and Seider. None of them have proven a thing yet does that make them worth nothing?? There is something called potential. BTW why on earth would Montreal do that??
we have plenty of cap space and we don't need to pay a premium to dump him we could just let his contract run through. And also KK isn't going nowhere. The guy is 19 ffs. Also like Bergevin said a million times we build through the draft not trading a potential #1 C for a soon to be 29 year old D.

YotesFan47

Jun 16, 2012
Phoenix, Arizona USA
I’d probably do it if Mete were in the deal too.
I don’t really know anything about Mete so I couldn’t say.

kotkaniemi needs to be at least a 2c once he’s a finished product so the other half of the value should reflect at least a low end 1c coming over. If Mete is that kind of value then great.

kotkanieme + Alzner (cap) + Mete + 1st (top 3 protection)? I could feel pretty comfortable with that I think. Maybe Mete has more value than I realize and a 1st is too much. He’s small and doesn’t seem like a point producer, is the kid a stud defensively?

Barnaby

Jul 2, 2003
Port Jefferson, NY
I mean it would cover their awful goaltending. I think that this would only happen if the Sharks had a deal for Vlasic or Burns for another forward.

Better answer is to go find a goalie... they should grab a free agent or trade a pick for Georgiev before they trade Couture and create a greatly unbalanced roster.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad