Observations XX

Status
Not open for further replies.

NoNecksCurse

Oct 19, 2011
the 3 stars should have been pretty cut and dry. i have no idea why turris was a star of the game, let alone the first star.

forsberg with the GWG or Rinne with his strong start and clutch stop on the breakaway near the end of regulation. pick one for the first star and the other is the second star.

3rd star pick between johansen and his 2 assists or smith's PPG.

have no idea how turris was the first star. ive seen some head scratchers on the road but I don't remember many as bad as that one at home. our guys (whoever the hell chooses) at home usually seem to nail the 3 stars in close proximity.

Preds Partisan

Gunga galunga
Aug 17, 2009
It seems to me that they like to rotate in a marginal "star" to #1 status just to give as many players as possible a chance to get interviewed immediately following the game. Do just enough to make the Three Stars group and if you're a second or third tier player on this team you've got a good chance of elevation to #1.

I like "worrying" about these types of things when you're 5-1.

Reactions: PredsV82

FossilFndr

RIP Steve
Jan 18, 2014
Fall Branch, Tn.
Being on of the Three Stars plus $2.50 will get you small beverage at Starbucks. Or + .50 ¢ will get a First Class postage stamp. That's about what it means. Oh and a few seconds of interview face time when you'd rather hit the showers.

Pred303

Oct 8, 2004
Murfreesboro, Tn.
normally our guys just go off points scored to rank order people, and add in a goalie if he allows less than 3 goals. that's why this one was confusing, what with Johansen with two points and Rinne with a good two goal game. the only thing that usually srews this up is a late goal scored in the last few minutes of a game after the votes are already in. (like subban picking up his second assist on the empty netter). but johansen's points had come much earlier. and rinne would have been a logical choice as well.

David Singleton

Jun 23, 2005
Dickson, TN
normally our guys just go off points scored to rank order people, and add in a goalie if he allows less than 3 goals. that's why this one was confusing, what with Johansen with two points and Rinne with a good two goal game. the only thing that usually srews this up is a late goal scored in the last few minutes of a game after the votes are already in. (like subban picking up his second assist on the empty netter). but johansen's points had come much earlier. and rinne would have been a logical choice as well.

If I recall correctly, we would turn votes in roughly about the middle of the 3rd too. Been a long time though.

Last edited:

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
Gonna go into Calgary with some rust and wonder why we keep losing to them. Seems we always get some wrinkle in the schedule when we get ready to play them.

PredsV82

Trade Saros
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
I guess I'm jumping the gun but if Rinne is hurt will we be able to get a goalie up from Milwaukee in time for tomorrow or will we have a Scott Foster scenario?

Preds Partisan

Gunga galunga
Aug 17, 2009
I guess I'm jumping the gun but if Rinne is hurt will we be able to get a goalie up from Milwaukee in time for tomorrow or will we have a Scott Foster scenario?
An emergency goalie in Western Canada may be a better option than the guys in Milwaukee. Or the guy in the weird sports coat in the Preds' TV booth.

Reactions: PredsV82

PredsV82

Trade Saros
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
An emergency goalie in Western Canada may be a better option than the guys in Milwaukee. Or the guy in the weird sports coat in the Preds' TV booth.

I forget that the Preds bring an emergency goalie with them to every game...

LCPreds

Dec 8, 2013
TN
Hah forsberg just showed that empty net curse is definitely dead with some voodoo backhand magic.

Wrong thread but still works!

Legionnaire11

Jul 12, 2007
Murfreesboro
atlantichockeyleague.com

Didn't Mason say on a broadcast last season that he isn't eligible for the job since he's now a Preds employee? I'm not sure about the details of the rule, but I guess because he would have to sign a player contract, it wouldn't be legal to have two concurrent contracts with one organization.

PredsV82

Trade Saros
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
Didn't Mason say on a broadcast last season that he isn't eligible for the job since he's now a Preds employee? I'm not sure about the details of the rule, but I guess because he would have to sign a player contract, it wouldn't be legal to have two concurrent contracts with one organization.

That's probably true and why would we deprive some random kid of a dream come true anyway?

Adz

Eudora Wannabe
Sponsor
Jun 18, 2005
Hermitage TN
Yes, that's what he said. I don't understand the details either, not sure he went into it, but your idea sounds logical.

hockey diva

RIP Pred303
Sponsor
May 17, 2010
Beleriand
I went to bed after the second period. Happy to see the win. Hate that Pekks is hurt. Praying it isn't a long term thing. We have got to get better defensively. We are leaving guys wide open in front of the net.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad