Observations XX

Status
Not open for further replies.

ThirdManIn

Aug 9, 2009
Nashville is at the top of the league by one point, ahead in ROW by three points, is one of only two teams to have no OT losses (Toronto is the other), fifth in total scoring, the second stingiest team defensively, and at the top with an impressive +21 goal differential in 16 games.

They have done this while icing the league's 30th ranked powerplay and 23rd ranked penalty kill, and that's largely because Pekka Rinne is currently sitting at an incredible .949 save percentage.

It's times like these when we should all remember one of Steve's favorite sayings: we're never as good as we look when we're winning, and we're never as bad as we look when we're losing.

But damn it's fun watching this team rolling like this.

ThirdManIn

Aug 9, 2009
I pulled some OT today and missed the game, but when I got home I noticed I had a message from my brother. It said "Johansen is unconscious right now."

It freaked me the f*** out.

Turns out he meant "unconscious" as a euphemism for playing out of his mind. :laugh:

Also a big LOL to that guy in the main board GDT crying about how much the Predators cry. Some people just never learned how to lose.

PredsV82

Trade Saros
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
Games like this remind of that streak we had last January/February where we would almost always fall behind and almost invariably come back to win.

The points are great and we will take them, but I think if it happens too much it makes you believe it will happen every time, and I think that's what happened to us in the playoffs last year and it bit us in the ass.

Losses make you focus and force you to fix the things that arent working. The special teams ineptitude will eventually haunt us if not fixed.

loyeks

Nov 11, 2017
Games like this remind of that streak we had last January/February where we would almost always fall behind and almost invariably come back to win.

The points are great and we will take them, but I think if it happens too much it makes you believe it will happen every time, and I think that's what happened to us in the playoffs last year and it bit us in the ass.

Losses make you focus and force you to fix the things that arent working. The special teams ineptitude will eventually haunt us if not fixed.

What I was trying to say last week when I used the term “smoke and mirrors” and was smacked down.

You’ve expressed what I’ve been feeling/fearing in better detail.

PredsV82

Trade Saros
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
What I was trying to say last week when I used the term “smoke and mirrors” and was smacked down.

Yeah I think it's a little unfair to call it "smoke and mirrors" because we are the better team most nights especially 5 on 5, but the poor special teams would be a glaring problem screaming for fixing if we were something like 8-7-1 instead of 13-3-0.

Roman Yoshi

Aug 16, 2009
Franklin, TN
I think that it was Ellis who said we're winning games we don't deserve to win right before we went on a massive losing streak last year.

I have the same worry this year. Eventually this has to catch up with us.

predfan24

Jul 12, 2006
I think that it was Ellis who said we're winning games we don't deserve to win right before we went on a massive losing streak last year.

:huh:

Other than the Tampa game I can't think of a single game that the Preds won that they obviously deserved to lose.

Last edited:

predfan24

Jul 12, 2006

I don't see it as " smoke and mirrors". I think most people realize the Preds aren't going to go 13-3 every 16 game span.

triggrman

Where is Hipcheck85
Sponsor
May 8, 2002
Murfreesboro, TN
hfboards.com

You think we’re playing bad? Even yesterday we had double the amount of shots but we were down 3-1.

Rinne stile the Tampa game but the rest I think we just played better

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad