Confirmed Signing with Link: [NYR] Vladislav Namestnikov extends with the Rangers (2 years, $4M AAV)

Todd1a

Kucherov or prospect
Jun 19, 2014
orlando, fl
I’m rooting for vladdy he needs to prove himself with out having stamkos and Kucherov carrying him

NYR713

Jun 26, 2012
how many points he had with them? 2? just brutal
Keep in mind that everyone on NYR has a clean slate with the coaching change. AV's defensive scheme was pure chaos and he was spiteful towards a few players, killing minutes for minor mistakes, while having favorites who could do no wrong. Just look at Buchnevich who was 2nd or 3rd on the team in scoring with Kreider and Zibanejad, then was banished to the 4th line. Namestnikov was another who quickly went to the dog house.

Reactions: RoarLionRoar

God King Fudge

Championship Swag
Oct 13, 2017
Lmao. Someone would pay 4 million (that's $1 million per point he scored with NYR) than 5.25 to Miller who outpaced Namestnikov in both TB and NYR.

I love this site.

Kakko Schmakko

Feb 24, 2018
Riley Nash the UFA just signed for 2.75 mil, he put up 40 points mostly on 3rd line. Namestnikov the RFA after putting up 40 points on Tampa's top line and then nosediving with the Rangers gets 4 mil. both former 1st rounders.

Last edited:

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
I guess production won't really be important in NY for a few years anyway. Enjoy the basement boys.

I mean, I hope we are in the basement. That's kinda how a rebuild works.

Maybe your team can finally win something this year instead of under-performing once again and we can snag the first round pick.

BerlinBlueShirt

Feb 25, 2016
Berlin, Germany
I am completely fine with the signing. It is only 2 years so he can show if he fits in for the future. Money doesnt matter too much for the Rangers right now so I dont really care if it is 500K too much or not

God King Fudge

Championship Swag
Oct 13, 2017
That 5.25 million per point for his conference finals performance seems kinda pricey though.
There's not many guys on the team that earned their salary in the conference finals. If I'm going to have to debate the value of a guy that's been just shy of 60 points in his 3 full NHL seasons at 5.25 vs 4 for a guy who only managed to eclipse 40 points on the backs of Kucherov and Stamkos, I dunno what to say.

Yeah, the length is a bit much for me, but it is what it is.

Reactions: Sila v Kucherove

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
His numbers look pretty consistent the past two years. Same jab could be used on Namestnikov so I wouldn't use consistency as an argument.

And I think you do care. <3

Oh, boy. The numbers "look consistent". I take it you simply never watched the guy as a Ranger being that most of us are completely happy with him gone. Have fun stats surfing over the next five.

smoneil

Jul 14, 2004
Arkansas
Not sure what Miller and Names have to do with one another. Tampa and the Rangers are in very different places right now. Tampa is in a "win the Cup" phase of development, and locked up a player to take them through those years. The Rangers are rebuilding, and need some veteran depth to show the kids the ropes. A bunch of the kids are Russians, so having one of those veterans speak Russian is an added bonus. Seems like both sides have the player that would better suit their needs right now, and neither side feels like they would be better served by having the other player/contract. Pretty textbook case of a trade where both teams won. Context is important y'all. The pointless bickering over it seems silly.

Stammertime91

TBL: TEAM OF THE CENTURY
Dec 13, 2011
Tampa: NHL's Newest Dynasty
Oh, boy. The numbers "look consistent". I take it you simply never watched the guy as a Ranger being that most of us are completely happy with him gone. Have fun stats surfing over the next five.

Oh so now I never watched him because I brought up his point total. Ok.

I will. Just like I'll have fun standings surfing over the Rangers for the next 5.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad