Confirmed Signing with Link: [NYR] Vladislav Namestnikov extends with the Rangers (2 years, $4M AAV)

QJL

Jan 2, 2014
Confirmed via NYR twitter. Still awaiting official terms.

smoneil

Jul 14, 2004
Arkansas
Hahahaha 4m for this guy?

Two year deal. We have a couple of young Russian kids coming through the pipeline. Names is a young veteran player who can be a stop-gap and make it easier for those kids to acclimate to the league and the area. On top of that, the Rangers are so far away from the salary cap that they'd need a passport to get there. Win win win.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Two year deal. We have a couple of young Russian kids coming through the pipeline. Names is a young veteran player who can be a stop-gap and make it easier for those kids to acclimate to the league and the area. On top of that, the Rangers are so far away from the salary cap that they'd need a passport to get there. Win win win.

Yeah, on short-term deals the Rangers basically have a blank check.

EpicDing

which is why I included the question mark earlier
Oct 2, 2011
Hartford
Solid deal. Gives him a chance to prove himself under the new coach. Cap won't be an issue at all.

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
5.25 for Miller any better?

Quite easily, at least it's a tradable contract with UFA years.

Namesnikov just robbed you guys, at least you guys don't plan to be in the playoffs anytime soon because he's much worse than Miller.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Yes way better. Also, doesn't the Miller contract eat some of his UFA years? Isn't this contract strictly eating RFA years?

So if he's good they'll re-sign him. How much more could he possibly command?

If not, he's gone in two years.

I'm probably the most critical Rangers fan of Gorton on this site right now but there's absolutely nothing to not like here.

AndreRoy

Jan 3, 2018
Solid signing by the Rangers. Yzerman probably would have locked him up for eight years with a full NMC at a ridiculous AAV.

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
Quite easily, at least it's a tradable contract with UFA years.

Namesnikov just robbed you guys, at least you guys don't plan to be in the playoffs anytime soon because he's much worse than Miller.

Miller at 5.25 for FIVE YEARS is tradeable? ROFL.

I guess you could get a penny or two for the dollar.

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
4mil for Namestnikov is a good deal. He's not gonna flirt with 60 points to make it a steal. He may hit 50 but will be a 40 point guy who has huge underlying stats. Great possession guy, good shot generation and suppression numbers, one of the better players at zone entries and exits. Can also play up and down the lineup in any position.

Reactions: T REX

NYR713

Jun 26, 2012
Nice deal. Cap hit is irrelevant when it's 2 years and NYR have a nice 3 year window with a bunch of ELC's before another 25M opens up.

Come in, maybe get top 6 minutes, help some young Russian prospects transition over the next season and a half and head to a contender at the '19-20 TDL for a return value depending on how well he plays. Or he finds a home and extends long term. 2 year term leaves all options open.

Lays

Jan 22, 2017
I know some are already shitting on this deal but Vladdy was given the Buch treatment, bounced around lines and also was on the 4th line. Don’t look at his stats from his time with the Rangers, he played well. I don’t expect him to be a 50+ guy but if he can produce around 40 that’s a great signing considering his 2 way play and versatility

Reactions: Gordie Howe Army

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad