Player Discussion NYR Training camp 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL
Jooris is on a 2-way contract. Maybe he realizes this wasn't an ideal try-out and agrees to go to the AHL for, say, 15 games to get his legs under him. At which point both he and team can reconvene and determine the next step?

Off Sides

Sep 8, 2008
What I expect if they remain healthy, not what I would like to see.

Hvirik, Jensen waived
Jooris, Gerbe go to Europe
Glass, Lapierre on the NHL roster
They keep 14F

Skjei sent down (no waivers required)
McIlrath, Clendening rotate 6th and 7th
Keep 7 D

Two goalies

= 23 man roster (Lindberg on IR or LTIR)

~25 games in or when Lindberg is ready, Lapierre is waived (Stoll made 29 games, Pyatt 22, Halpern 30)

If they have F injury after that, they recall Hvirik or Jensen(if they are not plucked off waivers)

Any D injury and Skjei brought up

At some point, if he plays like most suspect he is going to, they have to decide, are they going to buyout Girardi next off-season before expansion, or are they are going to put him on LTIR? Supposedly can not buyout an injured player, yet you can trade a player who is on LTIR who has a cap hit yet does not play.

Matz03

May 5, 2015
Boulder, CO
Jooris is on a 2-way contract. Maybe he realizes this wasn't an ideal try-out and agrees to go to the AHL for, say, 15 games to get his legs under him. At which point both he and team can reconvene and determine the next step?
That would be ideal, he should be really good in Hartford. Lindberg might not be the same player. I prefer Hrivik to be that 4th line C over Lapierre (don't wast contract spot on him) or even Gerbe. So he'll get a chance at some point this season to come back up if he just plays his game. I don't believe Fogarty or Nieves will be options to be recalled this season, maybe Nieves but much later in the year. Both guys should just play a ton in the AHL.

Leetch3

Jul 14, 2009

Being on a two way contract just means he gets paid less in the ahl

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown

I don't see anyone claiming Jooris.

Waive him, let him go to the AHL or Switzerland, qualify him if he performs. He's a RFA.

cwede

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 1, 2010
I don't see anyone claiming Jooris.
Waive him, let him go to the AHL or Switzerland, qualify him if he performs. He's a RFA.

Just a newspaper says he could
http://swisshockeynews.ch/index.php...li-and-will-josh-jooris-join-gshc-next-season

Doesnt mean he will.
Dont mind too much if gerbe goes, hope jooris will stay, he's decent center, it would perfect if we keep him.

Nyr have been very fortunate re volume of injuries the last few years, compared to some unlucky teams,v like Detroit or Philly the last few seasons, this could be year real depth is needed

Raspewtin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 30, 2013
Would really rather we kept Jooris. Would be bummed if he left with such a whimper.

RGY

Kreid or Die
Jul 18, 2005
Long Island, NY
Except Jooris is still young enough.

He should be making this team. Especially with Lindberg out for about a month plus.

Even if its as the 13th forward to start. They should not let him walk.

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
Holy crap that's an ugly webpage

That's like almost straight out of the 90's ugly

What in the world is going on

Lindberg Cheese

Apr 28, 2013
Cambodia
Except Jooris is still young enough.

He should be making this team. Especially with Lindberg out for about a month plus.

Even if its as the 13th forward to start. They should not let him walk.

He's also an RFA. Man, if Glass and Lapierre make it over Hrivik, Jooris, Gerbe, I'll vomit.

TheTakedown

Puck is Life
Jul 11, 2012
He's also an RFA. Man, if Glass and Lapierre make it over Hrivik, Jooris, Gerbe, I'll vomit.

Gorton is trying to give AV blue balls :laugh:

Gorts: "we'll play Laps and Tanny every game possible, maybe they can contribute this year! ;)"
AV: "Oh Gorts, thank you! You won't regret this! I know these guys bring consistent effort and heart! :nod::nod::nod:"

*AV is ecstatic remainder of preseason because he thinks Glass and Laps are going to make the team*

*day before the season starts*
Gorton : "Sorry AV, had to cut your boys :laugh::yo::nod::handclap:"
AV: ":amazed:...:shakehead............... :cry: :cry: :cry: "
Gorton: "Don't **** with me AV, you know these guys suck at hockey"

BBKers

Jan 9, 2006
Bialystok, Poland
If AV takes in Lapierre (31) and keeps Glass (32) letting Jooris (26) & Gerbe (29) bolt and Gorton goes for it - we will know that all the "younger, faster" talk was just a load of BS to stifle the angry villagers.
You just know it is happening too - as Mad Max has played EVERY preseason game this year so far
#VOMIT

Lion Hound

@JoeTucc26
Mar 12, 2007
Montauk NY
If AV takes in Lapierre (31) and keeps Glass (32) letting Jooris (26) & Gerbe (29) bolt and Gorton goes for it - we will know that all the "younger, faster" talk was just a load of BS to stifle the angry villagers.
You just know it is happening too - as Mad Max has played EVERY preseason game this year so far
#VOMIT

Give me the bucket after your done...I would puke on that thought as well.

Mikos87

Mar 19, 2002
Visit site
#VOMIT

I think the 4th line ends up being a variation of

Grabne-Hrivik-Lapierre-Jooris

Gerbe is the call up. Glass to minors.

I agree with you though, I think Lapierre makes it. He brings a few elements and versatility that other guys don't. Familiarity with AV.... plus he's a pest... C/RW... PK... Faceoffs.

4th line gets proper Lefty-Righty line-up on every D-Zone face-off @ 80-85% D-Zone Starts
People shouldn't underestimate this.

Last edited:

Irishguy42

Mr. Preachy
Sep 11, 2015
NJ
Ct41Q30WIAAB1pw.jpg

Ct41d4aXYAAKBqP.jpg

NYRFAN218

King
May 2, 2007
New York, NY
There is still way too many guys left in camp considering there's 2 preseason games left.

Graves, Summers, and Bodie should all be down on D. Hellberg down as Skapski could back up the final two games since Henrik and Raanta are playing them anyway. Fontaine, Kovacs, Stromwall, Nieves (don't know how the injury impacts it) also down. Punt Lapierre too please.

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
Is Fontaine serving as the team's equipment manager? The kid who refused to be cut.

Mr Clutch

Jan 21, 2014
Virginia
Perhaps they want to wait till tomorrow to trim a bit more especially with some of the guys having just played. Could be a bit of an odd situation to have some guys be cut in the locker room right?

Irishguy42

Mr. Preachy
Sep 11, 2015
NJ
I guess AV wants to cut more after tomorrow's game? I imagine a lot of different players are going tomorrow, and then AV/Gorts/etc will go from there with the real big cuts.

They should have a final-ish roster by Thursday

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad