Player Discussion NYR Training camp 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

Irishguy42

Mr. Preachy
Sep 11, 2015
NJ
I'd be pissed at AV for being stubborn like this, and then pissed at Gorton for enabling AV to act like this.

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
I'd be pissed at AV for being stubborn like this, and then pissed at Gorton for enabling AV to act like this.

I have a tough time believing that hes going to cut this teams leading scorer in the pre season to make room for a couple of deadweights but if there were ever a coach who would do this...

But what Revel said is probably accurate.

Irishguy42

Mr. Preachy
Sep 11, 2015
NJ
There are a few guys that they can't cut due to injuries, like Nieves and probably Fontaine.

I imagine they're also keeping players up to mostly ice a new roster tomorrow. Ideally, players who didn't play tonight, plus one or two they reeeeeeeeally want another look at.

And then they should make another round of cuts tomorrow after the game, or Wednesday morning.

Irishguy42

Mr. Preachy
Sep 11, 2015
NJ
I doubt AV will show his hand until the final cuts are made, and we are left with 23. 'Til then, he probably just wants to make sure everyone is happy and motivated to play.

I have a tough time believing that hes going to cut this teams leading scorer in the pre season to make room for a couple of deadweights but if there were ever a coach who would do this...

But what Revel said is probably accurate.

I momentarily forgot that AV is almost a master at coachspeak sometimes :shakehead

FLYLine27*

BUCH
Nov 9, 2004
NY
I doubt AV will show his hand until the final cuts are made, and we are left with 23. 'Til then, he probably just wants to make sure everyone is happy and motivated to play.

Ding ding ding, winner.

Like you said, he's not going to come out and say it with still 2 games left, he doesn't want other players getting discouraged.

But anyone who has watched the preseason knows he will be a lock to make the team.

Vitto79

May 24, 2008
Sarnia
Ding ding ding, winner.

Like you said, he's not going to come out and say it with still 2 games left, he doesn't want other players getting discouraged.

But anyone who has watched the preseason knows he will be a lock to make the team.

It's still a stupid comment . The guys scored every game and has a 1 way deal

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
Lets see tomorrow's lineup.

buchnevich should play needs reps

Kreider Zibanejad Buchnevich
Grabner Gerbe Fast
Glass Lapierre Jensen ugh

Pirri should play again

I'd give vesey the night off

Hrivik will prob play again for some reason

Miller may ask to play again although Stepan should after that display

Boruto

Jun 27, 2011
that's a diminutive cut. Nothing that isn't automatically assumed. Still no closer to seeing what this lineup is going to look like.

Lion Hound

@JoeTucc26
Mar 12, 2007
Montauk NY
Thinking aloud

HBO did that show a few seasons ago on the Rangers and Flyers. I though it was excellent. Super in depth look at what it's really like behind the scenes.

MSG has its own network. They produce Beginnings, and what not. Those are great and all, but why not do it on training camp. There's so many moving parts, and this year in particular there's so many players fighting for jobs. Would have been great to see what is really happening in camp with true insider narrating.

Leetch3

Jul 14, 2009
slightly surprised that paliotta was never given a chance to compete for a spot for even a half second...he was an afterthought from day 1.

there is absolutely no reason for fontaine, kovacs, nieves, stromwall, bodie, and summers to still be in camp...temped to add gilmour and graves to that list since you know they aren't starting in ny

more cuts might be coming tomorrow but we should be down to just the guys that might be in the nhl

Boruto

Jun 27, 2011
Mackenzie Skapski looks better than he did last year and the year before. His game looks quite a bit off technically and scrambly but I don't believe he's had time with Benny so I think he'll benefit from the rest of camp with Benny and as he progresses, more one on one with Benny.

Beacon

Embrace the tank
May 28, 2007
There is still way too many guys left in camp considering there's 2 preseason games left.

Graves, Summers, and Bodie should all be down on D. Hellberg down as Skapski could back up the final two games since Henrik and Raanta are playing them anyway. Fontaine, Kovacs, Stromwall, Nieves (don't know how the injury impacts it) also down. Punt Lapierre too please.

I was hoping Graves would do more this preseason, but he's looked very green. Rushes decisions, doesn't make smart ones, looks scared of playing high level opposition. He needs to go down and work on his game hard.

Summers sucks. Not sure why he gets $350 to play in the minors. I think $600/$75 contract is good enough for him, and if not, he can leave, no big loss.

Bodie looks like a pre-pubescent girl, won't ever play in the NHL. Down too.

Fontaine is the obvious one to go down since he can't even get into preseason games when crap players do.

Strom and Kovacs can play well early in preseason, but will look bad if they play after round 2 when it's almost NHL rosters.

Skapski probably sealed his fate with 3 goals on 15 shots. He needed to be great to stick any longer and he was not.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $340.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Bologna vs Udinese
    Bologna vs Udinese