Player Discussion NYR Training camp 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ola

Apr 10, 2004
Sweden
Poor Malte

Nah I think it will suit him to get a bit of a dark horse role.

On a side note, not bad at all by both Kovac and Malte to get in to this much pre-season action already. Like Calle A hasn't even played a game this or last year right? Neither did Zamorsky right

These guys are doing very well. I saw some comments about them being so-so in the first game, and I think it's great that we have high expectations on them, but I think both have played a lot better than I expected. Sure neither is really challenging for a spot. But like, I think Kovac would hold his own at least. Heck, I rather have Kovac than Etem. Malte could also play without making a fool of himself. That is a good start! Very exciting to be honest.

Ail

Based and Rangerspilled.
Nov 13, 2009
Boomerville
Haha, "Hey let's get one last look at Stromwall. Put him on the 4th with Tanny and Lappy, I think that should give him a great opportunity to show us what he's got."

I would rather my linemates be a shopping cart full of roadkill and a barrel on wheels full of tepid sewage water. ****.

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
Haha, "Hey let's get one last look at Stromwall. Put him on the 4th with Tanny and Lappy, I think that should give him a great opportunity to show us what he's got."

I would rather my linemates be a shopping cart full of roadkill and a barrel on wheels full of tepid sewage water. ****.

We will sign Lapierre, put Hrivik, Jensen, Pirri, Gerbe on waivers, and Fast will be on the 4th line with 15 and 41

Leetch3

Jul 14, 2009
that tweet was from last wed...has nothing to do with tomorrow's game

Bad Goalie

Jan 2, 2014
Utica Comets fan posting in good taste. Following the career of 2 ex-Comets. What is the current status of Nicklas Jensen and Adam Clendening?

Have either been sent to Hartford of the AHL?

Leetch3

Jul 14, 2009
Utica Comets fan posting in good taste. Following the career of 2 ex-Comets. What is the current status of Nicklas Jensen and Adam Clendening?

Have either been sent to the AHL?

neither has been sent down and both are competing for spots in ny but have lots of competition

FLYLine27*

BUCH
Nov 9, 2004
NY

Have either been sent to the AHL?

Not yet. Both will likely be 2 of the last cuts. We have so many damn forwards that it will be highly unlikely Jensen starts with the big club. Clendening has a much better shot at not being sent down.

ohbaby

Apr 4, 2007
Why bother . Lapierre will just get waived when Lindberg is back

Go hrvik or gerbe unless jooris is healthy

I find it interesting AV is giving Lapierre all this ice time. He's playing again tomorrow. Is AV just giving him a long look, while taking up icetime from others,... or does AV really have plans on signing him?

Thoughts?

No doubt Jooris getting injured came into play.

ohbaby

Apr 4, 2007
Looks like we are going to have the same line up as last year, with maybe 2 or 3 new additons.

Kind of surprised, given all the extra pickups this summer.

Looks like only one between Vesey and Buch are crack the starting lineup. Pirri has won a spot.

Forth line maybe two spots open, with Quickie a given. Is Tanner Glass going to make it? Must give the edge to Grabner no?

On D, looks like only one spot (7th) is up for grabs. Brady is in, off his playoff performance. Mac truck seems to be penciled in as well in either 6th or 7th spot. Which leaves only one spot for a newbie.

Last edited:

OrbitalDynamics

#Unsurprised
May 22, 2008
Stalag Luft JFK
Looks like we are going to have the same line up as last year, with maybe 2 or 3 new additons.

Kind of surprised, given all the extra pickups this summer.

Looks like only one between Vesey and Buch are crack the starting lineup. Pirri has won a spot.

Forth line maybe two spots open, with Quickie a given. Is Tanner Glass going to make it? Must give the edge to Grabner no?

"Big Changes" haha

Of course Tanner will make the team.Lapierre probably will too.

Ori

#Connor Bedard 2023 1st, Chicago Blackhawks
Nov 7, 2014
Norway
Good god Fast on the power play... :shakehead

Yeah, maybe AV saw something when Fast scored last game. :laugh:
But there are some players who wont play this game who are usually on PP - so I will not lose sleep over that. ;)

Last edited:

ohbaby

Apr 4, 2007
"Big Changes" haha

Of course Tanner will make the team.Lapierre probably will too.

Yeah, big changes. LOL

Just hope Staal and G man return to form. Our whole season relies on being the defensive powerhouse we have been known for, in front of the net. Staal needs to have a career year. Coming off no injuries and getting plenty of rest this off-season. Our Captain will not, cannot carry this blueline by himself. I'm looking for the Staal of old, who can put Ovie in a choke hold.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad