Confirmed with Link: NYR sign free agent forward Ville Meskanen

egelband

Sep 6, 2008
I'm sure the kid is just happy to have gotten away from Ilves's mascot:
616px-Tampereen_Ilveksen_logo.svg.png

Reminds me of this:

e5022d596a19d0140aef7dc2e7a58d73--funny-taxidermy-stuffed-animals.jpg
So funny. Ridiculously funny. Where do you find this stuff.

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
Yep throw darts at the board
There is so much untapped talent out there. Meaning, not in the limelight. Ive always thought its about having quantity and quality scouts out there, just sniffing around. Players want to come to the states, let alone the Rangers. Just grab em', sign em` and play the dart game.

Reactions: egelband

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
Also, in a world where right handed people are dominant over left handed, why is it that in hockey and baseball there seem to be waves of LH, opposed to RH. Just wondering. I know 1st base is closer fo a LH batter, and easier to field 1st base as a lefty, but other than that....

egelband

Sep 6, 2008
Also, in a world where right handed people are dominant over left handed, why is it that in hockey and baseball there seem to be waves of LH, opposed to RH. Just wondering. I know 1st base is closer fo a LH batter, and easier to field 1st base as a lefty, but other than that....
Most lefty shots are actually right handed. I think it’s the righty shots who are more likely to be left handed.

Good Intentions

Mar 30, 2018
I'll the set O/U at 10 for combined GP next season on Meskanen and Lindqvist. Keep expectations in check.

Tawnos

A guy with a bass
Sep 10, 2004
Charlotte, NC

It’s because it’s a misnomer. It’s called a left handed shot because the stick blade is on the left side of the body.

It’s not really a matter of hand dominance when it comes to playing hockey or batting, since you’ve essentially got one hand for control and another for power. You need good coordination in both.

The same kind of thing is true for playing guitar. It’s called playing right handed when your right hand is your strumming hand or pick hand, but you really need to be able to use both hands equally to play well. When I sold guitars, I always had anxious parents coming in because there’s really not a good selection of “lefty” guitars out there and they wanted their left-handed kid to start playing. I would explain this to them and then say “let’s sit him-or-her down with each and see which he-or-she feels more comfortable with.” 9/10 they end up getting a “righty.”

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010
It’s because it’s a misnomer. It’s called a left handed shot because the stick blade is on the left side of the body.

It’s not really a matter of hand dominance when it comes to playing hockey or batting, since you’ve essentially got one hand for control and another for power. You need good coordination in both.

The same kind of thing is true for playing guitar. It’s called playing right handed when your right hand is your strumming hand or pick hand, but you really need to be able to use both hands equally to play well. When I sold guitars, I always had anxious parents coming in because there’s really not a good selection of “lefty” guitars out there and they wanted their left-handed kid to start playing. I would explain this to them and then say “let’s sit him-or-her down with each and see which he-or-she feels more comfortable with.” 9/10 they end up getting a “righty.”

That's strange because I'm right-handed and also a RH shot

Applies to me though. I'm a lefty when it comes to writing, throwing ball, playing ping pong or tennis and soccer. However, in hockey, golf, baseball or shooting a basketball - I'm a righty. Pretty bad for my golf game as the left hand constantly tries to take over control of the back swing. Recently I think I found a cure - one-handed practice swing with my right hand.

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
I write left handed but do most other things with my right hand. Some things I do with both. I bat right, shoot right, kick both feet (right foot dominant), throw right, etc. Ping pong, tennis, darts, shooting, etc., I have no idea. I'm all over the place. Handedness isn't linnear from my experience.

haveandare

Jul 2, 2009
New York
Yeah me too, instantly held the stick that way from the first time I picked it up and have always played that way since. Holding it to shoot left feels so strange. I'm not a great or even really good player by any means if I'm being honest but I can shoot well at least shooting right.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad