Confirmed with Link: NYR sign free agent forward Ville Meskanen

Lays

Jan 22, 2017
so hes basically the finnish lindqvist

cool
I like Lindqvist a bit more from what I know but honestly I have no clue who Meskanen is, soon as I saw this I looked up a highlights vid on Meskanen and both are similar (complimentary players with a nice shot, both RHS)
Lindqvist is supposed to be better though but Meskanen had 44 points in 48 games this year, excited for both of them as they’re exactly what we need. Hopefully one of them pans out and makes the team, if not, they’re both u23 players. I’m really liking both of these signings off their highlight vids though

Reactions: Alves

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
Because righties can score on one timers easier than lefties can and goals are scored by going thru the “royal road” more than ever these days.

A righty gets his shot off the left side which 99% of the time is to the goalies blocker side (im the opposite by the way). Much harder for goalies to make that save moving to their blocker side.

We never have righties. Now we’ve got Zibanejad Fast Shattenkirk pionk Deangelo Lettier Ronning and these two euros in the system. Still don’t have many.

Wouldn’t surprise me to see us go after kupari if he falls and or nordgren 2nd round in the draft if either fall at all.

And why Wahlstrom would be such s Big get

FireGerardGallant

The Artist Formerly known as FireDavidQuinn
Mar 19, 2016
My only question is when are they gonna sign fellow countrymen Virta though?
Hartford shapping up to look pretty decent next year, all the more reason to start both Lias and Chytil down there imo

Reactions: egelband

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
Chytil/Andersson starting with the Rangers may depend on what the Rangers do over the summer in regards to signing FA's or any trades. Do Spooner and Namestnikov stick around? Zucc? What's the competition going to look like. They may have seen enough to decide whether or not to give these guys a big chance. Honestly, I could see Chytil starting and Andersson spending a bit more AHL time since Chytil got a near full season in the AHL last year.

As for Lindqvist and Meskanen, almost certainly AHL starters but good to take some swings at guys like this...young, successful in their pro leagues, righty shots, bring them over and see if any of them can make the jump.

Reactions: egelband

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
29kw5w.jpg

TheTakedown

Puck is Life
Jul 11, 2012
He had a great year in Liiga. He was 15th in scoring but in only 48 games. Almost everyone ahead of him played in 55-60 games.

Meskanen's 44 Points in 48 Games is equivalent to 75 points over 82 SHL games. When translated using Vollmans Translation factors, that comes out to 44 points over 82 NHL games.

This kid could be a real nice find.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad