Confirmed Signing with Link: [NYR] Jack Johnson signs with the Rangers (1 year, $1.15M)

WesMcCauley

Apr 24, 2015
Contract isn't the issue here guys... the Pens were worse with him on the ice and the Jackets stopped playing him entirely.
Exactly. Signing awful players is just stupid regardless of how cheap they are or how good they are in the room. The team is much worse with him on the ice. That should be enough to stay away.
So annoying when your team's GM does shit like this.

Reactions: BrindamoursNose

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006
Enjoy, NYR.

8PsTGAg.gif

Pengu

Jun 24, 2016
At least the rangers are going to have a scape goat :)

JJ alias the black hole....

Telos

In Gavrikov We Must Trust
Aug 16, 2008
Reno, NV
While hilarious for other fanbases, this is little risk to the Rangers at a cheap one year deal, and he is better than most 6-7 defensemen. I am personally just thrilled that he still has a place on a team because of all that has happened to him in his past...

Will Hunting

Immortal Adams
Dec 14, 2011
European Union
Schultz at 4M per is much worse than this. But Jack Johnson shouldn't be playing hockey in the NHL now. One of the worst players in the league, but I guess you can survive with this deal for one year. Still mind-boggling, wonder what they saw in him :) Gonna be a comedy gold to see him touch the ice for a non-Penguins team now, haha.

ziggyjoe212

Oct 2, 2017
While hilarious for other fanbases, this is little risk to the Rangers at a cheap one year deal, and he is better than most 6-7 defensemen. I am personally just thrilled that he still has a place on a team because of all that has happened to him in his past...
Arguable.
CBJ healthy scratched him in the playoffs in 2018, and according to analytics nerds he makes his teammates worse in every situation.

ziggyjoe212

Oct 2, 2017
Both Schultz and JJ signed in the Metro division. Pens fan everything rejoice.

I'm honestly not sure who's worse, but neither are NHL caliber players.

Flyer lurker

Feb 16, 2019
There are very few moves where you get rid of M Staal and get worse. Congrats Rangers management for pulling off this tremendous feat. Can I please see a B Smith/J Johnson pairing?

The Great Mighty Poo

Thank You 59.
Feb 21, 2020
Scatbox

A fire hydrant is better then JJ

FireGorton

Laf to Kak
Aug 6, 2020
It is amazing how many seemingly smart hockey organizations keep giving Jack Johnson money to play hockey.

I'm happy for him. Nobody deserves to make money more than him given the hell he went through financially with his own parents.

But I mean... if you want to pay Jack Johnson for something, can't you make him a scout or something?
Rangers are not a smart organization. Haven’t been in 5 years

ericstrat1

Oct 29, 2010
JMFJ single-handedly wrecked the Penguins since he was signed. He'll even destroy the production of your top players, he's like a black hole in terms of sucking.

aufheben

#Norris4Fox
Jan 31, 2013
New Jersey
For everyone who thinks the Rangers couldn't possibly have a worse option on the left side D, let me introduce you to...

KZbF1Du.png

Ola

Apr 10, 2004
Sweden
I don’t mind this signing. Good veteran depth and especially get someone that prolly will do whatever is asked of him.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad