Friedman: NYR giving Kravtsov permission to seek trade

jay from jersey

Jan 30, 2008
And Ottawa as well per an RDS article.
He is a perfect target for OTT to go with that young talented core of Fwds. Kravy also has good size too.
If I’m Dorian, I would absolutely be looking to get him as cheap as possible.

maybe even make it a bigger deal to try and get a big mobile D for their top 4 like Miller or Robertson?

tkachuk-Norris-Batherson
Stutzle-Pinto-Kravtsov
Fomention-Paul/tierney-Brown

with Greig and Boucher coming up.
That’s a pretty dirty top 9.

been a big fan of what the sens have been doing, and Kravtsov would fit there like a glove

Last edited:
Reactions: HabsQC

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
I am surprised nobody posted this highlight reel goal that he scored few days ago. I think he clearly won the case why he should have made the team, this is a sick move:

Like all young skilled players, time and space is where they shine but most struggle in the trenches and the NHL is full of big boys that skate well. Some never figure it out.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Right now Poehling isn't worth a 4th himself

Disagree. Poehling has better AHL numbers, is a true center, and both of them are having maturity issues with nailing down a full time NHL role.

Saying Poehling is not worth a 4th is disingenuous and ignorance. Childish narrative but you are not interested in Poehling and want a different type of piece in return, I can respect that. Just don't make yourself look like a fool in your reasoning and go in disrespect mode. It's a dumb online chat narrative many are falling into.

Last edited:

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
Looks like a good prospect,likely the trade will likely involve another good prospect and picks...The Rangers look pretty stacked at wing,so maybe a defender or a center prospect works here

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011
I am surprised nobody posted this highlight reel goal that he scored few days ago. I think he clearly won the case why he should have made the team, this is a sick move:

It was 3 on 3, with a defender holding his stick out like he was ready for a duel. It's flashy and he's a highly skilled stick handler/dangler, but this doesn't make a case why he should have made the team. Being flashy doesn't translate to NHL success. The case should have been "he actually played well the 20 games last season".

OG Eberle

Aug 25, 2011
Bokk was 25OA, strictly a RW.
Krav is 9OA, projects can also do pivot.
Canes would have to add

Maybe
Krav + Hajek
for
Drury + Bokk + Gardner at 50%

Rangers would retain again and pay to dump Gard, or buy him out.

something along those lines

Have you made a single proposal in the last few months that wasn't some combination of Hajek, Strome, Krav and random picks?

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
The only think Poehling has done at this point that Barron hasn't is get lucky in his first NHL game. They're on virtually identical tracks with virtually identical skill sets.

I understand that but your basically saying the Rangers don't need center depth help which is not what I see. And you are not going to get a better center than Poehling for the disgruntled forward who don't want to report to the AHL cause he thinks his shit don't stink and he deserves a full NHL job.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Yeah, highlight reel moves in KHL might not work in NHL

I've seen it time and time again. Young players who shine with time and space and they are pumped up pre NHL. Well, time and space in the NHL is rare and you got to have elite level skating as well as play with other talent to get it. Usually comes on the PP and at 5/5, you got to work and have situational awareness/maturity. Takes time and many don't figure it out.

This don't mean Kravtsov won't figure it out. But just cause he scores a fancy dangle move with time/space, it don't mean he is this sure shot asset. Most understand the hype/hope and the Rangers of all people should understand this with Lafreniere/Kakko. It takes time in most cases and in some, it never reaches expectations.

A guy like Puljujarvi figured out that to be a NHL player, you got to work on the intangibles beyond points and offensive glair.

leeroggy

Jan 3, 2010
Disagree. Poehling has better AHL numbers, is a true center, and both of them are having maturity issues with nailing down a full time NHL role.

Saying Poehling is not worth a 4th is disingenuous and ignorance. Childish narrative but you are not interested in Poehling and want a different type of piece in return, I can respect that. Just don't make yourself look like a fool in your reasoning and go in disrespect mode. It's a dumb online chat narrative many are falling into.

I'm an Isles fan, feel free to rip off the Rangers anytime you can . . . and shove that childish bull, I am calling it like it is, Poehling can't lock down a spot on a bad team. AHL numbers mean CRAP.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad