Friedman: NYR giving Kravtsov permission to seek trade

Alluckks

Gabriel Perreault Fan Account
Sponsor
Nov 2, 2011
ARI ‘22 2nd+Korenar for Kravtsov+Georgiev?

Almost certainly 33rd overall. :)

AZ really needs some goals and a goalie. Not sure if Georgiev has reached pure dump status yet. NYR could probably sign Dubnyk for like 1aav to back-up.
Why did the offer get worse lol

What about Kravstov + Georgiev for AZ 2nd + Crouse

Reactions: WhoTagz

cwede

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 1, 2010
Don't need to replace Georgie, Kinkaid can, if Georgie offers include G's of similar age as return , just keep him.

Jenik + 2nd for Krav might work for Yotes/NYR

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
Season is 3 weeks old, rosters are pretty much settled. Face it bern, whether you like it or not the actions of Dolan and Drury in the offseason show that they think this team can compete. They arent moving Strome if that is the belief.

If they fall out of contention before the deadline or Chytil breaks out and proves he can be a good 2C, that could change. But not until those things transpire.

rosters only now becoming settled.
Were NOT prior til now, approx

What you mentioned [contending, Chytil] are not driving/dominant factors.
Cap is dominant reality.

They can be stupid and self rent him, but moving him sooner than later ups his value.
Long term is the play, esp since Barron is worth giving mins, and don't mind giving Rooney etc mo mins

cwede

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 1, 2010
Wouldn’t do Jenik 1:1. :)

Maybe you wouldn't but real hockey teams would

Krav is a beast, ~2d best wing in that draft class, w age similar production in KHL to guys like Tarasenko and Kuznetsov, and size and on-ice intensity beyond Jenik's.

That NYR mishandled him a bit maybe looks like an opportunity to grossly underpay, but NYR have no urgency

I like Jenik, he may make it, but neither his pro career certainty, nor upside, are near Krav's.

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
Not in the immediate future you won't. If he has a very good season in the KHL his value might improve but players that have these type of problems or issues with their organization seem to lose trade value. I think a 2nd is probably about the best the Rags could ask for.

can up his value playing him here
if a spot is made and everybody can park their egos at the door

we don't need to have that return NOW
we do need to get a good return eventually

spockBokk

Sep 8, 2013
The Canes and Rangers have a history of trading prospects:

-Gauthier for Keane
-Fox …eh, don’t get me started…

Anyway, I wonder if fellow 2018 1st rounder, Dominik Bokk, would be of any interest for Kravtsov. Bokk does fit the ask of “potential” top 6 F. I like the idea of Kravtsov coming on next year as a replacement for Niederreiter in the Canes’ top 9.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
Maybe you wouldn't but real hockey teams would

Krav is a beast, ~2d best wing in that draft class, w age similar production in KHL to guys like Tarasenko and Kuznetsov, and size and on-ice intensity beyond Jenik's.

That NYR mishandled him a bit maybe looks like an opportunity to grossly underpay, but NYR have no urgency

I like Jenik, he may make it, but neither his pro career certainty, nor upside, are near Krav's.
Jenik is better.

Reactions: Groo

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
The Canes and Rangers have a history of trading prospects:

-Gauthier for Keane
-Fox …eh, don’t get me started…

Anyway, I wonder if fellow 2018 1st rounder, Dominik Bokk, would be of any interest for Kravtsov. Bokk does fit the ask of “potential” top 6 F. I like the idea of Kravtsov coming on next year as a replacement for Niederreiter in the Canes’ top 9.

Bokk was 25OA, strictly a RW.
Krav is 9OA, projects can also do pivot.
Canes would have to add

Maybe
Krav + Hajek
for
Drury + Bokk + Gardner at 50%

Rangers would retain again and pay to dump Gard, or buy him out.

something along those lines

spockBokk

Sep 8, 2013
Bokk was 25OA, strictly a RW.
Krav is 9OA, projects can also do pivot.
Canes would have to add

Maybe
Krav + Hajek
for
Drury + Bokk + Gardner at 50%

Rangers would retain again and pay to dump Gard, or buy him out.

something along those lines

One player has run away to Russia, another is playing in the AHL, still on their ELC. Draft position from 3 yrs ago is meaningless. Bokk would be my take-it-or-leave-it offer.

The rest of your proposal, yeah, that’s a real easy NO.

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
One player has run away to Russia, another is playing in the AHL, still on their ELC. Draft position from 3 yrs ago is meaningless. Bokk would be my take-it-or-leave-it offer.

The rest of your proposal, yeah, that’s a real easy NO.

thanks for feedback
my reply to your counter is real easy no as well

take it or leave it ultimatum, bern says leave it.
trading partner, whoever that turns out to be, will recognize Krav has 9OA talent and pay accordingly, less a small discount to get a good deal as opposed to fair value

that is the core of it

drop out other pieces
it would still be Drury +
or no deal

cwede

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 1, 2010
Guess that means no teams wanted him. No surprise there.

ridiculous statement, but enjoy your snarky hot take -

does lack of Eichel deal to date mean no one wants Eichel?
(perhaps, he does have a broken neck, immense Cap Hit, and a Front Office aiming for grand-slam return ...)

Krav has upside comparable to Mr Cozens, lets look back at both in 4 years
NYR have way less urgency to move Kravtsov than folks, who are hoping their teams might get him on the cheap, want to believe

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
Guess that means no teams wanted him. No surprise there.

your slanted misassessment is repudiated.

People either didn't want him at 9OA, or didn't want him with their current roster situation if similar to Rangers in that he would have to pass waivers if for any reason someone needed to be sent down.

Someone said upwards of 10 teams want him, and that's just those who are not operating in stealth mode.

Rosters are STILL not settled, only now starting to get pieces straight w/clear picture after 3 wks.
Those are factors each team must identify before figuring out if they'll bid, how high they'll go.

GIN ANTONIC

Aug 19, 2007
Toronto, ON
thanks for feedback
my reply to your counter is real easy no as well

take it or leave it ultimatum, bern says leave it.
trading partner, whoever that turns out to be, will recognize Krav has 9OA talent and pay accordingly, less a small discount to get a good deal as opposed to fair value

that is the core of it

drop out other pieces
it would still be Drury +
or no deal

I agree with you that Canes need to add but Drury is not that plus. Certainly not Drury +

I’d do Bokk + 3rd at most.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad