Friedman: NYR giving Kravtsov permission to seek trade

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011
If a good enuf offer comes in, then it makes sense not to wait.
If people want a ridiculous bargain, then it pays to wait.
Someone who wants 9OA talent now will cough up enuf.

And would be best for NY if that is in futures, so that may help establish ample bidding.

No, that approach is idiiotic lunacy.
You dont give away 9OA talent for nothing.

And Krav is not Lias Andersson, who was given a shot with Kreider, Panarin and others and failed miserably.

Krav has a legit basis to beef,
coach Q said he wasn't a 4th liner, but then his only 20 games, pretty much most if not nearly all 4th line.
Why?
O, because we had to play Buch and Brendan Smith instead of trading them fas I had suggested for assets b'c some genius thought it was tactically smart to try to make the playoffs when late in the season it was clear we were both short and injured

Then he got screwed w/this year's roster. That one he should have handled better, but I understand his anger.
Plus he feels Drury is against him. which may not be entirely unfounded.

So we'll see.
But Krav is not Lias
Coach Q doesn't coach the team anymore. Anything that came out of coach Q's mouth should be forgotten about. NYR may have drafted him 9th overall, but that doesn't mean other teams would have drafted him 9th, and that doesn't mean his value is a 9th overall. Right now, it's probably around a 2nd from a bottom team, or a 2nd plus from a higher standing team. Doesn't mean Drury is going to just go ahead and do that, but unless there's some package, or Rangers wanting to take a shot on a prospect swap, I don't see the value in draft pick being higher than the 2nd.

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
Coach Q doesn't coach the team anymore. Anything that came out of coach Q's mouth should be forgotten about. NYR may have drafted him 9th overall, but that doesn't mean other teams would have drafted him 9th, and that doesn't mean his value is a 9th overall. Right now, it's probably around a 2nd from a bottom team, or a 2nd plus from a higher standing team. Doesn't mean Drury is going to just go ahead and do that, but unless there's some package, or Rangers wanting to take a shot on a prospect swap, I don't see the value in draft pick being higher than the 2nd.

Doesn't matter Q not here no mo.
This kid listened to his employer's representative making false representations to him.
It is easy for you to say that 'cause you're not the guy who got lied to.

It takes 2 to tango.
Krav is not without any blame here.
But he got crapped on from NYR mgmt and he has a right to be pissed about and w/Drury not giving him any concrete assurances, to do something so he doesn't just bend over and take it any further.

the compromise here is we create a roster space asap

K is welcomed back on the roster.
He gets a fair chance to produce
which means no Boo Nieves bullshit asking the guy to score w/4th line black holes for scoring.
Then after his value is upped and production displayed, fine, move him for acceptable return.

vorky

@vorkywh24
Jan 23, 2010
According to Russian media sources, NYR & Traktor agreed on loan´s terms.

Boud

Dec 27, 2011
Probably a best case scenario for the Rangers. He goes back to Russia on loan and has a chance to make the team out of camp next season. Likely didn't want to go to the AHL and preferred going back home to Russia if he wasn't playing in the NHL.

Can seem entitled for some but from a personal standpoint I can understand why guys like that would prefer going back home to playing in the AHL. You're 20 year old away from your family in a country where they don't speak your language and all, might as well go back home and play higher caliber hockey.

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
How close, value-wise would Arizona’s 2nd rounder be? It will almost certainly be the first pick in the 2nd round. Am I way off?

your assessment of that pick is prob close if not spot on
howev
Kravtsov will cost more than a late 1st, let alone an early 2nd

If NY does not get a better offer featuring Krav and say Jones + in a major package for a signif asset back,
I could see the AZ 2nd, a significant pick and a conditional pick based on how well Kravtsov produces for 'yotes
as framework for a deal.

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
So much for Bern's theory that the Rangers would trade Strome to make room for him :laugh:

you can throw a laugh in my face, I will have the last one.

I said neither Strome nor particularly Hajek will be moved until 2-3 wks after rosters get settled, which is at only now beginning to happen.

Strome is going in any event b'c we can't afford him long term and need those $s for LaF, Kakko, Blais, etc.

I don't put it past mgmt to be stupid and self rent him, but the smarter play would be to sell high while he has more production this season [due to longer term], and even retain to max that return.

Barron can play 3 or 4c
as can Blais, Rooney and others.

Strome is useful, and has value, but is not essential.

Kravtsov will return and do well for us unless he is dealt, and hopefully Drury's headstrongness will not prompt him to take anything less than a good deal.
K will have a good chance to make the team next season, which a case can be made he deserved this year, but was denied b'c unfortunate circumsances with needing bodies to waive and politics.

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
How close, value-wise would Arizona’s 2nd rounder be? It will almost certainly be the first pick in the 2nd round. Am I way off?

I know fellow Ranger fans may not like it but I would think that is pretty fair especially if it's true this upcoming draft is a strong one.

Reactions: Heldig

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
Kravtsov for Frost. Frost isn't going to crack the lineup in Philadelphia with dingleberry running the bench and Kravtsov is the type of player that Schmuck Felcher covets.
What happened to Frost? when he first came up he was getting a ton of hype.

ThreeLeftSkates

Nov 20, 2008
Kravtsov will return and do well for us unless he is dealt, and hopefully Drury's headstrongness will not prompt him to take anything less than a good deal.
K will have a good chance to make the team next season, which a case can be made he deserved this year, but was denied b'c unfortunate circumsances with needing bodies to waive and politics.
You do realize that if he leaves, he may never return?

Lindberg Cheese

Apr 28, 2013
Cambodia
Probably a best case scenario for the Rangers. He goes back to Russia on loan and has a chance to make the team out of camp next season. Likely didn't want to go to the AHL and preferred going back home to Russia if he wasn't playing in the NHL.

Can seem entitled for some but from a personal standpoint I can understand why guys like that would prefer going back home to playing in the AHL. You're 20 year old away from your family in a country where they don't speak your language and all, might as well go back home and play higher caliber hockey.
Hartford probably is the higher caliber team compared to Traktor.

MtoD

Feb 4, 2018
Not really his choice right now. I suppose he doesn't extend and we own his rights while he doesn't return, but he's on loan for now. Key word loan.

If his wishes are to remain in the KHL for the foreseeable future, that's 100% within his choice now that the Rangers agreed to the loan. If they hadn't, they likely could have suspended him and tolled the current year of his contract (would also be ineligible to play in leagues the NHL has transfer agreements with, like the KHL). Now his current and final year of his contract cannot be tolled and he will be a RFA at the end of the season.. free to sign in the KHL without the Rangers permission.

I highly doubt that he has given up on his NHL wishes but for now, he does have a tiny tiny bit more choice than he did a few days ago.

Reactions: Lurch

FoxysExpensiveNYDigs

Boo Nieves Truther
Feb 27, 2002
Colorado
you can throw a laugh in my face, I will have the last one.

I said neither Strome nor particularly Hajek will be moved until 2-3 wks after rosters get settled, which is at only now beginning to happen.

Strome is going in any event b'c we can't afford him long term and need those $s for LaF, Kakko, Blais, etc.

I don't put it past mgmt to be stupid and self rent him, but the smarter play would be to sell high while he has more production this season [due to longer term], and even retain to max that return.

Barron can play 3 or 4c
as can Blais, Rooney and others.

Strome is useful, and has value, but is not essential.

Season is 3 weeks old, rosters are pretty much settled. Face it bern, whether you like it or not the actions of Dolan and Drury in the offseason show that they think this team can compete. They arent moving Strome if that is the belief.

If they fall out of contention before the deadline or Chytil breaks out and proves he can be a good 2C, that could change. But not until those things transpire.

Boondock

Feb 6, 2009
whether he leaves or not is subordinate to the fact that his inmediate future is controlled by us and we will get something acceptable for him
Not in the immediate future you won't. If he has a very good season in the KHL his value might improve but players that have these type of problems or issues with their organization seem to lose trade value. I think a 2nd is probably about the best the Rags could ask for.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
ARI ‘22 2nd+Korenar for Kravtsov+Georgiev?

Almost certainly 33rd overall. :)

AZ really needs some goals and a goalie. Not sure if Georgiev has reached pure dump status yet. NYR could probably sign Dubnyk for like 1aav to back-up.

Boxscore

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 22, 2007
Why is the team giving the player permission to seek a trade? Isn't that what the GM gets paid to do?

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011
Apparently it's being reported that NYR have not loaned him, yet.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad