Friedman: NYR giving Kravtsov permission to seek trade

Skid

Sep 26, 2005
Canada
Disagree. Poehling has better AHL numbers, is a true center, and both of them are having maturity issues with nailing down a full time NHL role.

Saying Poehling is not worth a 4th is disingenuous and ignorance. Childish narrative but you are not interested in Poehling and want a different type of piece in return, I can respect that. Just don't make yourself look like a fool in your reasoning and go in disrespect mode. It's a dumb online chat narrative many are falling into.
Would you trade a 4th for a guy who can’t make the NHL? I don’t think it’s as ignorant or disrespectful as you think it is

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Would you trade a 4th for a guy who can’t make the NHL? I don’t think it’s as ignorant or disrespectful as you think it is

At age 22, I would not be reducing his value to a 4th rounder. What you trying to do with Kravtsov? Trade him for top value now before he don't make the NHL at age 22 next year and he's not even worth a 4th then? :laugh:

Poehling is worth more than a 4th rounder. Give your head a shake. Believe it or not, the Habs are trying not to rush guys. Poehling could bust, could be a NHL depth guy, or a middle 6F. It's guess work but he's worth more than a 4th.

AlexGretzchenvid

Jan 19, 2013
At age 22, I would not be reducing his value to a 4th rounder. What you trying to do with Kravtsov? Trade him for top value now before he don't make the NHL at age 22 next year and he's not even worth a 4th then? :laugh:

Poehling is worth more than a 4th rounder. Give your head a shake. Believe it or not, the Habs are trying not to rush guys. Poehling could bust, could be a NHL depth guy, or a middle 6F. It's guess work but he's worth more than a 4th.
Poehling is worth a late first… at the least..

AlexGretzchenvid

Jan 19, 2013
In what world :laugh:
In the world that most late first rounders are about in the same position as he is..

Actually do me a favour.. look at the last 10 drafts and show me how many first rounders are even playing in the AHL or NHL and have a legit chance of being a good middle six forward…

I’ll wait..

Show me how many first Round picks in the last 10 years have busted.. and now work at McDonald’s and I’ll show you why Poehling is worth a late first..

RickChartraw

Oct 12, 2018
In the world that most late first rounders are about in the same position as he is..

Actually do me a favour.. look at the last 10 drafts and show me how many first rounders are even playing in the AHL or NHL and have a legit chance of being a good middle six forward…

I’ll wait..

Show me how many first Round picks in the last 10 years have busted.. and now work at McDonald’s and I’ll show you why Poehling is worth a late first..

what does working at McDonald's have to do with this?

Trxjw

Retired.
May 8, 2007
Land of no calls..
I understand that but your basically saying the Rangers don't need center depth help which is not what I see. And you are not going to get a better center than Poehling for the disgruntled forward who don't want to report to the AHL cause he thinks his shit don't stink and he deserves a full NHL job.

Rangers need top-six center depth. We have plenty of bottom-six center depth in the organization. I don't need a center at all for Kravtsov. If hegoes, we have a major hole at RW in the org and would happily take another RW in return. Plus it seems the situation has been smoothed over for now and both sides will re-visit it after the KHL season is over.

OG Eberle

Aug 25, 2011
Moot ? as those is the guys we are moving.
Why should I want to move pieces NYR want to keep?

Typically if you're pawning off the same 3 players in every trade for an upgrade, it's some reiteration of Halak, Ryder and a 2nd. A.k.a. the sum of your lesser pieces =/= the greater piece you're seeking.

If you want something of value, you typically have to give up something you're not actively selling. That doesn't mean the three you keep offering don't hold value, just not the value you're trying to portray them having. Krav would probably hold a lot more value if he didn't have a public request to be traded. Then it would at least be perceived that he is viewed as an integral piece reciprocally by both him and the team.

AlexGretzchenvid

Jan 19, 2013
Poehling is 2 months away from turning 23. Lias Andersson was traded for the 60th overall pick when he was still 21. By that logic, since both are fringe-NHLers/AHLers right now (you could even give Andersson the edge) Poehling is probably worth a 3rd
One thing we have to remember is a players value is never static..

Each GM has a different view of a players worth at different times of the year.

I was simply stating that poehlings value is a late first and what I meant to say was at the most.

Emerica

May 29, 2010
If the best offer NYR gets is Poehling and a 4th I sure hope they'd just keep him and try to work things out. I could see Ottawa willing to move one of their top prospects for Kravtsov but we'll see what happens. One of Boucher, JBD, Thomson, Jarventie or a mix of picks. We have 2 2nds and 3 3rds.

Notable that his agent is the same that represents Zub and Zaitsev.

DrBizz4r3

Oct 5, 2020
Including Poehling in a trade for Kravtsov doesn’t make a lot of sense. Rangers fans can correct me but i think that they would want centers or D and we have abundance of D prospects (and not a lot of centers). Harris (who hasn’t sign yet) could be a good trade target (because all ncaa kids who go the distance seems to go with the rangers). Chariot was in rumors (and i’m all in for tanking).
Even if i’m happy at the rumors of our interests, i think it’s mostly to garnish clics and views

MessierII

Aug 10, 2011
If Jesse gets a big deal and the Oilers have to move out some guys I would do Yamamoto for him in the summer.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Poehling was just called back up to the Habs, wonder if it's to showcase him as Dauphin is more deserving of a call up imo, as he's been our best player in the AHL though Poehling has also been one of our best players.

I wonder if NYR is interested in Chiarot, if something like Chiarot, Poehling, and one of our extra 3rd round picks (ducks or canes) for Kravtsov, Berard and one of your 2nd round picks (NYR or STL)

HOPE

Goal Caufield!
Jun 30, 2011
Montreal
Poehling was just called back up to the Habs, wonder if it's to showcase him as Dauphin is more deserving of a call up imo, as he's been our best player in the AHL though Poehling has also been one of our best players.

I wonder if NYR is interested in Chiarot, if something like Chiarot, Poehling, and one of our extra 3rd round picks (ducks or canes) for Kravtsov, Berard and one of your 2nd round picks (NYR or STL)
i indeed think Poehling is being showcased... I don't see a reason why to bring him in this mess.

Reactions: montreal

cwede

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 1, 2010
... if something like Chiarot, Poehling, and one of our extra 3rd round picks (ducks or canes) for Kravtsov, Berard and one of your 2nd round picks (NYR or STL)

Huh?
- Kravtsov will return at least the equal of Poehling, maybe more.
- NYR don't need Chiarot, unless 1 (or both) of Nemeth/Tinordi are moved
- Berard is a gem of NYR pipeline, few guys in '20 draft have raised their value as much as he has, with a great WJC, a decent Covid freshman year, and now a super start this HE season
- !! then you want NYR to surrender the higher pick?
this seems way off to me

Reactions: bernmeister

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad