Confirmed with Link: [NYR/CAR] Joey Keane for Julien Gauthier

Do you like this trade?

• Total voters

will1066

Your positivity is not welcomed
Oct 12, 2008
Dude in the middle is every guy who comments on Facebook bikini pics with, "LOoks great. i wish i was 19 again LOL!"
Is it sad that Fashion Jeans is the youngest but also in the worst shape of the three?

Last edited:

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
Gauthier is interesting because he's never really been a guy who put up crazy numbers despite his talent. He did have a 40+ goals in 57 games season one year in the Q, but didn't repeat it. He's always been one of those guys where you say, "If this guy ever puts it together, watch out."

The exciting part is, recently, he has seemed to be putting it together.

Good Intentions

Mar 30, 2018
It's fun to project, but good chance neither Gauthier nor Keane make any substantial NHL impact.

I do like this Alex Such comp on Gauthier. That looks entirely accurate - and realistic, right down to the inconsistency. If a lot falls right though, that could be a really nice upside.

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
Columbus better make a move soon if they want to save their season. Really interesting to see what they do before monday

Reactions: egelband

egelband

Sep 6, 2008
I'm skeptical.

I do like the fact we sold high on Keane. His value is at an all time high right now and with the depth in our organization, he wasn't going to have a future here on the NHL roster. It was a good time to trade him in one of these lateral moves for a player at another position.

Gauthier comes with red flags. Sure, he has the pedigree, the size, the shot, the natural scoring ability, etc. But teams don't trade 6'4 guys who can score unless they really don't believe in them. 5 NHL games at the age of 22 is a red flag. If he was any good, wouldn't he have been playing in Carolina by now? They don't exactly score a lot. Sure, guys develop late all the time. I'm a big fan of this team, I want him to succeed as much as anyone. Maybe he just needs a change of scenery and some coaches that will believe in him and give him an opportunity. Maybe he just wasn't a Brind'amour guy. I'm just going to temper my expectations a bit though before I say "Wow, what a trade by Gorton." These lateral prospects deals have not worked out too well in our favor in the past. Graves for Bigras immediately comes to mind. It wouldn't completely shock me in three years if Keane is a serviceable, bottom pair NHL defenseman and Gauthier isn't in the league.

It's worth taking the chance though. These are the kind of players you gamble on. This guy has scored at every level. Can he improve the other parts of his game enough to be a top 9 forward in the NHL, or is he a tweener and an AHL all-star?
Legit questions. And I appreciate you’re not pretending to have the answers. Personally I’m a bit skeptical too but I have to trust our management.
Were I a betting man I’d go with ‘win-win’. Both guys make it to the nhl as nice role players.

doomscroll

Jan 15, 2018
If the Rangers have one thing going for them right now, it’s possessing two line-driving offensive forwards who need long-term support and can potentially put Gauthier in a position to succeed in the near future.

So I guess they have two things going for them.

Shesterkybomb

Dec 30, 2016
Gauthier is interesting because he's never really been a guy who put up crazy numbers despite his talent. He did have a 40+ goals in 57 games season one year in the Q, but didn't repeat it. He's always been one of those guys where you say, "If this guy ever puts it together, watch out."

The exciting part is, recently, he has seemed to be putting it together.

Ahh a Kreider like player...lol

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad