Confirmed with Link: [NYR/CAR] Joey Keane for Julien Gauthier

Do you like this trade?

• Total voters

B17 Apricots

May 18, 2016
I watched a couple of YouTube highlights of his and not sure I got a Wheeler feel from his highlights tho your not far off at all, it was more of a Rick Nash type of feel tho that's pretty close to Wheeler so maybe we are on the same wave length...lol

I saw some physicality in a few highlights and he seems to be filled out already and a big ass dude. I dunno, it seems like on paper an excellent gamble by Gorton to see if we can strike some gold and hopefully filling a pretty obvious need of ours.

Very much looking forward to watching Gautier play tonight vs the Hawks and than his former team the Canes. I haven't read all of this thread...any thoughts on what line he might play on tonight?

I think I'd like to see how he plays with Lemieux and Chytil as I think those two might be a good combo to start with for Gautier....ya think?
If this kids a finisher I hope they just throw him right in there with the ultimate set up man. Take Fast's spot on Panarin's line

HockeyBasedNYC

Feeling it
Aug 2, 2005
Here
Good story, Good family, he's worked real hard to get where he is only to be logjammed in the Canes system. Unfortunate, but maybe everything happens for a reason. Hopefully this trade opens the door to a successful NHL career and he takes the opportunity and runs with it.

JohnC

Jan 26, 2013
New York
If this kids a finisher I hope they just throw him right in there with the ultimate set up man. Take Fast's spot on Panarin's line
I do wanna see him put with Bread but I cringe at the idea of moving Fast away from that line. Someone has to cover for Strome’s complete lack of a defensive game and a 22 year old with a suspect defensive game won’t exactly help.

Last edited:

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010
And if he doesn’t have much of a shot of playing in the NHL for the Rangers, how was his value ever going to get any higher than it is right now?

Exactly! Even if someone subjectivity thinks Keane could’ve become a better asset - how would this increase in value could be realized with the Rangers RD depth?

The only way it’s reasonable to move 60-point ADA is for similarly young, cost controlled 80+ point forward. Any lesser option and I’m fully supporting taking a chance on Gauthier at a cost of Keane.

Mikos87

Mar 19, 2002
Visit site
Good trade for the rangers. As many have said, you make a move from a position of strength to onw of weakness.

You get a big body RH shooting winger that can score. There aren't too many players with Gauthier's skill set and physical attributes in the NHL.

I saw a couple of Checkers game when I was in Charlotte, and the player who stuck out to me the most was Wallmark. This was a while back, but Gauthier stuck out because the guy is huge. Just a monster aircraft carrier that the team was looking for.

It's a really good trade for the Rangers. You need to ice a team that is predominantly 22-29 in this league imo. Enough experience, physical maturity, and strong skating legs.

If Gauthier can check, then he will be a very solid NHLer.

Hockey Gamer

Mar 2, 2015
Michael Augello from the Eklund podcast was singing the praises of Gauthier yesterday and thinks that the Rangers made a great move. He was surprised that the Canes dealt Gauthier (FWIW).

Embryo

LGR Check out my music.
Oct 7, 2017
Brooklyn, NY
www.youtube.com
Krieder still a Ranger, this is torture!!! I hope we can keep him. It would just make winning a Cup so much better if we had him through all of this. All the way back to the 2012 ECF when he scored in Game 1.

Reactions: Crease

JT Kreider

FIRE GORDIE CLARK
Dec 24, 2010
NYC
Michael Augello from the Eklund podcast was singing the praises of Gauthier yesterday and thinks that the Rangers made a great move. He was surprised that the Canes dealt Gauthier (FWIW).

Seems as if most Canes fans are surprised they moved Gaut for Keane.. who does nothing for them right now with Hamilton hurt and they have just as bad a logjam as we do on defense.

This trade makes zero sense for Carolina

Reactions: NYRFANMANI

Kupo

MAFIA, MOUNT UP!
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2017
Stamford CT
Wait, we can say shit now?!

tenor.gif

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad