Confirmed with Link: Nyquist to be called up for Thursday

Status
Not open for further replies.

smurfyeah19

Feb 3, 2012
Thank god, I swear some serious criticism needs to come down on both Babcock and Holland for consistent bad decisions. I do not care who you are, when you are not fielding your best possible you are failing

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
that weiss has been the problem. the biggest imo, considering expectations.

and grabo would have done better than what weiss has done so far.

but what is done is done. as said, can see the reasoning why they wanted weiss. now they just have to be backed up.

Weiss has been brutal, agreed.

Bringing up helm is a fair point but 2 things.

1) I seriously doubt his production is sustainable, but could be wrong
2) Helm didn't have to learn a new system. Like weiss does, or Grabo would have to

Regardless my point is Babcocks system puts a big burden on his centers defensively. Other than Dats and Z I haven't seen anyone who can handle that responsibility and produce consistent offense at the same time playing the center position.

Detroit Sports*

I wanted Grabo, Semin, Brunner and Val.But I'm just a fan who knows nothing.People need to stop treating these GM's of these sports teams and coaches like they are God Almighty.Just because we watch on TV don't make our points,suggestions and ideas invalid or should be disregarded...

InjuredChoker

Dec 25, 2011
LTIR or golf course
Weiss has been brutal, agreed.

Bringing up helm is a fair point but 2 things.

1) I seriously doubt his production is sustainable, but could be wrong
2) Helm didn't have to learn a new system. Like weiss does, or Grabo would have to

Regardless my point is Babcocks system puts a big burden on his centers defensively. Other than Dats and Z I haven't seen anyone who can handle that responsibility and produce consistent offense at the same time playing the center position.

it's not about helm's production. he's looking good and doing right things.

weiss hasn't been great defensively either. not as brutal as offensively not good enough. would be somewhat more ok with his lack of production if he had played great d.

i don't entirely buy the system thing.

does system make him lose his speed? his ability to skate with the puck and and pass the puck?

i think he will be better but.. who knows how much.

but if he's not good enough for 2C role in det, that's not knock on him that's managements mistake.

Riptide

Dec 29, 2011
Yukon
How many posters are waiting in the weeds to bag on Nyquist if he doesn't produce right away and the team continues to struggle.

I'll just get it out of the way now.

'See, I told all of you Nyquist wasn't the savior, but no one would believe me!'

'I knew he was always just a mediocre prospect and not the point-per-game dynamo everyone thought he'd be!'

'Can we send him back down, he's no better than Dan Cleary!'

Poor Nyquist.

A hopefully he stays up for the 2 games. B, I hope he gets real icetime, and not on the 4th line.

Syckle78

Nov 5, 2011
Redford, MI
Let's say Weiss doesn't turn it around and remains crap the rest of the season. Anyone think the front office will consider buying him out?

InjuredChoker

Dec 25, 2011
LTIR or golf course
It's proably more of that groin injury, not the system. They said afterwards, that it had been naggin him for a while, before Weiss exactly was taken off from the roster.

let's hope that.

Let's say Weiss doesn't turn it around and remains crap the rest of the season. Anyone think the front office will consider buying him out?

they will give him one more year imo.

can't use comp. buyout on him anyway.

TatarTangle

Sep 28, 2011
Detroit
Would rather have them consider buying out Franzen. Weiss has a lot more value as a center as well.

And I don't think anyone is going to bag on Nyquist. People have too high of expectations for him though.

theYman

Feb 28, 2008
Nyquist and Tatar are on the team at the same time.

Everybody rejoice!!!!!

I know cleary sucks but maybe the lines will change by tomorrow with the addition of Gus.

Yup the only thing left would be to pull Cleary out of the lineup. Then we could celebrate but not yet. **Holding breath**

Lord Stan 2020

Elite fan
Jun 29, 2013
New Port Richey Fl
www.facebook.com

weiss hasn't been great defensively either. not as brutal as offensively not good enough. would be somewhat more ok with his lack of production if he had played great d.

does system make him lose his speed? his ability to skate with the puck and and pass the puck?

but if he's not good enough for 2C role in det, that's not knock on him that's managements mistake.

when nothing was on I watched florida panthers over the last few years. Weiss is the real deal. I really think he has issues with hand still. Strength etc.. he might never recover but I doubt that.

He was better than ive ever seen flip play a lot better even now. I think you put him with right line mates that can put the puck in crash the net are hungry etc.. you will see a different weiss.

I do not think we will see the weiss that was expected an obvious upgrade to flip till 2015-2016 if we dont send him away or whatever. Meaning a buy out.

I wanted riberio myself more a goal scorer etc.. but weiss is a very solid good center all around good player.

Time will tell but he will have his chance and I believe by end of year we will feel ok with him.

Flip right now is playing like the weiss I saw for 7 straight years. He has grown into something he was not in detroit. I figure long term weiss will get back there. Might take some time though. I had neck injury took 2 years to get strength back in arms. Think his hand is same issue.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010

I buy the system thing.

Shouldn't be surprising Filppula looked so much better at wing than center in Detroit. Freed up his offensive game. Them same thing in Tampa playing center, has way more offensive freedom than here.

Them weiss who was always productive comes here and struggles offensively big time.

Don't know how were not seeing a common denominator.

InjuredChoker

Dec 25, 2011
LTIR or golf course
I buy the system thing.

Shouldn't be surprising Filppula looked so much better at wing than center in Detroit. Freed up his offensive game. Them same thing in Tampa playing center, has way more offensive freedom than here.

Them weiss who was always productive comes here and struggles offensively big time.

Don't know how were not seeing a common denominator.

weiss has declined. not the same guy who scored in high 50s and low 60s.

flip legitimately broke out in 11-12. last season sucked bc of the knee injury and couldn't pull it back together. now he's healthy with good offseason under him, motivated in a new team and doing great.

tampa plays pretty tight defensively. center burden isn't as big as in detroit, probably but it's not all run and gun there.

yes, i know i'm pessimistic :).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad