Confirmed with Link: Nyquist to be called up for Thursday

Status
Not open for further replies.

MissNHL

Oct 31, 2008
Hockeytown, Michigan
Not going through all these posts but yesterday Malik on twitter said that Gus's 2 games before having to be subjected to waivers won't go into effect until later because Gus is being called up as an emergency call up due to LTIR. Something with the new CBA. None of it makes sense to me.

But if Gus is sent back down after today's game, fans will riot. If we keep Gus up and eventually have to make a trade or waive another player, fans will riot most likely. Holland has put us in a crappy place with his craptastic signings lately.

Laser Rayzor

Cautiously Optimistic
Dec 8, 2012
The Underground
Matt Schanz ‏@d13vs13 1h
@AnsarKhanMLive Can you ask if the plan is to return him to GR after tonight's game?

Ansar Khan ‏@AnsarKhanMLive 55m
@d13vs13 I did. They said "Let's take it one game at a time."

Call me a pessimist but I think that seals it one game only.

The Zermanator

In Yzerman We Trust
Jan 21, 2013
Matt Schanz ‏@d13vs13 1h
@AnsarKhanMLive Can you ask if the plan is to return him to GR after tonight's game?

Depends on his performance. If he plays really well, he could force their hand.

TCNorthstars

Jan 5, 2009
Lansing area, MI
But if Gus is sent back down after today's game, fans will riot. If we keep Gus up and eventually have to make a trade or waive another player, fans will riot most likely. Holland has put us in a crappy place with his craptastic signings lately.

You should qualify that with "HF Boards".

Pavels Dog

Feb 18, 2013
Sweden
Depends on his performance. If he plays really well, he could force their hand.
Yep, if Nyq is invisible or not effective and we lose he'll probably go down again. A good showing and a win and Holland would have a real hard time justifying sending him back.

Flowah

Nov 30, 2009
Can Nyquist just score a hat trick and the Red Wings win 7-0 so Holland has no justification to send him back down

No, what you want is for Nyquist to score 4, the other team scores 3.

If we win 7-0 Holland says to hisself "We coulda won that there game without him."

SoupNazi

Serenity now. Insanity later.
Feb 6, 2010

Not if the traded player is Sammy. No one will riot then.

SimplySolace

"We like our team"
Jun 30, 2013
Matt Schanz ‏@d13vs13 1h

From DRW Game Day blog:

"(Nyquist's) job, and no different tonight if I were him, he's still allowed to go back to the minors, is be so good tonight that you put so much pressure on the coach and the manger that they have to do something about it."
- Mike Babcock

Retire91

Stevey Y you our Guy
May 31, 2010
Not going through all these posts but yesterday Malik on twitter said that Gus's 2 games before having to be subjected to waivers won't go into effect until later because Gus is being called up as an emergency call up due to LTIR. Something with the new CBA. None of it makes sense to me.

It doesn't really matter, the media that cover the wings don't ask Holland or Babcock the tough questions, like "help us understand Cleary's ice time". They just throw softball after softball. The way fans feel about the team's management probably doesn't even make it to either of them. They live in a bubble of zero accountability and that atmosphere extends to the players as well.

hyduK

Feb 21, 2009
From DRW Game Day blog:

"(Nyquist's) job, and no different tonight if I were him, he's still allowed to go back to the minors, is be so good tonight that you put so much pressure on the coach and the manger that they have to do something about it."
- Mike Babcock

christ this better just be some ploy to motivate him (as if he isn't already).

i mean how good does he have to be? as long as he's better than plugs like cleary who currently take up space in the top 9 he should be fine...or does he have to be twice as good as cleary cause he isn't a real gud veteran who's apparently some god in the locker room.

BStinson

Nov 11, 2013
I wonder if Babcock or Holland actually read the forums looking for what fans are saying/wanting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad