Speculation: Nylander XXII - all Nylander discussion here (MOD WARNING IN OP)

Status
Not open for further replies.

7even

Offered and lost
Feb 1, 2012
North Carolina
giphy.gif

How am I just seeing this for the first time

Colt55

Sep 28, 2017
st. Louis
Any rumored deal involving both or even one of them + a pick is probably BS.
Leafs need D desperately, they aren't trading their top 2 D prospects lol.
And arguably their ONLY D prospects
I understand your thoughts on this. But Teams are not just going to give petro, parayko type dmen away. Its going to hurt to get them unless you get one from dorian or UFA. Not trying to be course but realistic

Morbo

The Annihilator
Jan 14, 2003
Toronto
Yes, If you follow. I decided rather than continually say no. I would just entertain ideas. Doesnt mean i want to trade him. I just want to see how far TOR fans are willing to go. Thats kinda what this site is for.

so you're just entertaining ideas, but you reserve the right to insult others doing the same thing.

RogerRoger

Jul 23, 2013
I think you're off base here on every front - you might not like the names on the lineup but the Leafs D has been effective this year, still among the league leaders in GA/GP. Even looking at the lineup, all that's missing is a proper partner for Rielly, and if Nylander+ one of those two prospects were to solve that problem that's surely on the table
Durzi, Rasanen have to be considered prospects and it's the norm for non-1st round D prospects to turn into players, like Dermott. Rosen and Borgman are likely both NHL caliber, Borgman's body of work is certainly that and Rosen has outperformed him at the AHL level. Both have the tools you'd expect for NHL defensemen - skating, positioning, good breakout abilities and both have offensive upside

if Nylander+ both of Sandin & Liljegren got the perfect partner for Rielly to complete the d corps, why not?
Imo it says more about how good Andersen is than anything else.

grapes55

Sep 14, 2017
theneckguard.wordpress.com
Any rumored deal involving both or even one of them + a pick is probably BS.
Leafs need D desperately, they aren't trading their top 2 D prospects lol.
And arguably their ONLY D prospects
Oh, it wasn't a rumor, I was just responding to a poster's proposal. But, yeah unless the deal is too good to say no we aren't trading the 2 swedes.

Liferleafer

TSN Scrum Lurker
Feb 9, 2011
Honest question to my fellow Leafs fans....is anybody really that concerned about this situation? I mean i know i should feel nervous...some trepidation...be worried, but i'm really not. At this point, even if he sits, for some reason it's just another day to me.

Colt55

Sep 28, 2017
st. Louis
Id guess those are all related
I wouldnt say he is available. Blues were very patient with him coming back. He looks really good hasn't lost his speed at all. first 4-5 games he was given limited minutes. He now plays regular shifts has 4 points. I think he will continue to improve but missing two years in a row has an effect. So the knee is good, Still has his speed. Can still score. Just needs more time to adjust. He makes 925,000 this year and then is rfa.

Dog

Arf! Arf! Arf!
Feb 9, 2016
Wasteland
Honest question to my fellow Leafs fans....is anybody really that concerned about this situation? I mean i know i should feel nervous...some trepidation...be worried, but i'm really not. At this point, even if he sits, for some reason it's just another day to me.
Not really but would like to see him play and not sit out. Though, if it does happen then expect some crazy trade at draft!

Blaine8797

Nov 26, 2018
Since I’m seeing a lot of flyers comments going around what do you speculate that the trade would possibly be if it were to happen.

Colt55

Sep 28, 2017
st. Louis

What scenario would you prefer.
(1)Nylander Signs for 7ish plays out this year.
(2) Nylander is traded straight up or package for top 4 dman or top pairing dman
(3) sits out season no deal made.

Which would you prefer. Just curious.

Liferleafer

TSN Scrum Lurker
Feb 9, 2011
(2) Nylander is traded straight up or package for top 4 dman or top pairing dman

Number one...closely followed by number 2 (depending on the D in return).

Number 3 is only an option if number one doesn't happen....and number 2 is losing a trade.

But again, i'm pretty much indifferent at this point.

Reactions: JerseyMike34

Randy Randerson

Jul 28, 2016
Hamilton
Imo it says more about how good Andersen is than anything else.
until the last couple of weeks all of the other metrics painted a pretty good picture of the Leafs back end, they've had some poorer games recently that inflated some of their against numbers. I do agree that the Leafs D could use some upgrades on the right side, and badly needs a top pair RD upgrade, but I think the idea that it needs an overhaul is a huge overstatement. And my point there was that if you can get exactly what you need for Nylander plus things that aren't on the roster, I think that's something that needs to be considered

Dog

Arf! Arf! Arf!
Feb 9, 2016
Wasteland

I rather number 1 or 2. Personally would go with 2 and then 1.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad