Speculation: Nylander XXII - all Nylander discussion here (MOD WARNING IN OP)

Status
Not open for further replies.

VoteForTavares

Jun 29, 2018
GTA
Once again Jaybo covers the difference between parayko 5.5 and nylander 7-8. Jaybo contract is over after this year.

So what about

Parayko, Jaybo, Fabbri, Mikola\walman

Nylander Liljgren Sandin.

I am not trying to annoy you guys. This will be the last time i make an offer.
As much as I'd like to see Parayko here you gotta stop including both Liljegren & Sandin in the same deal. We need good young defenseman to come up through the system and play on ELCs for a few years to make up for the huge contracts we will have. We could probably part with one of those two, but definitely not both. No way Dubas and co. burn our young d prospect pool like that.

Devilsfan118

Sing us a song, you're the Schiano man
Jun 11, 2010
NJ
Unfortunately Not allowed to say. I’m hearing however if they don’t like the offers they’re getting (underwhelming so far) they would rather hold onto him until the summer, and move him then.

giphy.gif

Colt55

Sep 28, 2017
st. Louis
Pretty much any deal with either Liljegren or Sandin, let alone BOTH, is really not ideal for the Leafs.
I know, Trading petro or parayko really isnt ideal for Blues. It would hurt both sides. Only difference is LEafs appear to be win now contenders and blues seem to be off a year or more.

Commander Clueless

Hiya, hiya. Pleased to meetcha.
Sep 10, 2008
Once again Jaybo covers the difference between parayko 5.5 and nylander 7-8. Jaybo contract is over after this year.

So what about

There's nothing annoying about offers like that at all.

It's honestly not bad, but as a Leafs fan I'm concerned with giving up both of our top D prospects. The pipeline isn't as strong as it used to be :laugh:. Maybe pick one of the two and drop Fabbri?

powerstuck

Nordiques Hopes Lies
Jan 13, 2012
Town NHL hates !
We all know that Dubas is going to get lowball offers. So yeah, if nothing let him sit. Deal him on the draft floor.

Sure, what you gonna get then...a 2nd round pick ?

No body, and I mean no f***ing body will pay a fair value or even a premium for Nylander as long as the guy is not under a contract. No one wants to take all the risks.

Reactions: klabob

Colt55

Sep 28, 2017
st. Louis
How about Nylander+Zaitsev for Thomas+Parayko+JAYBO
Thats a solid no. Trading thomas is out of the question. Also Zaitsev has negative value. I think this was a response to try and get a rise. if you were being serious then something is wrong.

Canovin

1% is the new 11.5%
Oct 27, 2010
As much as I'd like to see Parayko here you gotta stop including both Liljegren & Sandin in the same deal. We need good young defenseman to come up through the system and play on ELCs for a few years to make up for the huge contracts we will have. We could probably part with one of those two, but definitely not both. No way Dubas and co. burn our young d prospect pool like that.
You should worry about winning cups now than worry about prospects panning out in a couple of years.

Reactions: TS Quint

grapes55

Sep 14, 2017
theneckguard.wordpress.com
I know, Trading petro or parayko really isnt ideal for Blues. It would hurt both sides. Only difference is LEafs appear to be win now contenders and blues seem to be off a year or more.
That's fair, but even so, I think the difference in value is too great between Lil/Sandin and JayBow, Fabbri and Mikola/Walman to make the deal.

Colt55

Sep 28, 2017
st. Louis
I completely understand. Walman has very good upside and can be a good elc. He just isnt as good as Lilgren or sandin. The problem with trading Parayko or Petro is you completely gut our defense. Adding Zaitsev or any of your other nhl dmen doesnt help and adds negative value. I just figured if we are losing such a great piece and over paying for Nylander then we should get our defense stablized sooner than later

Tit

Toast and jam
Sep 23, 2018
Pretty much any deal with either Liljegren or Sandin, let alone BOTH, is really not ideal for the Leafs.

Any rumored deal involving both or even one of them + a pick is probably BS.
Leafs need D desperately, they aren't trading their top 2 D prospects lol.
And arguably their ONLY D prospects

Dog

Arf! Arf! Arf!
Feb 9, 2016
Wasteland
Thats a solid no. Trading thomas is out of the question. Also Zaitsev has negative value. I think this was a response to try and get a rise. if you were being serious then something is wrong.
Nylander +Zaitsev for Parayko+Bokk+Jaybo

Colt55

Sep 28, 2017
st. Louis
There's nothing annoying about offers like that at all.

It's honestly not bad, but as a Leafs fan I'm concerned with giving up both of our top D prospects. The pipeline isn't as strong as it used to be :laugh:. Maybe pick one of the two and drop Fabbri?
Walman is close to being ready he is more of a 3-4-5 type dman he would be elc and cheap. I just wanted to upgrade with two top 4 prospects with upside since we were losing such a huge piece to our defense (hypothetically). We could also add in our 2nd pick in 2019 which would most likely hit about 32-40 it seems most of the defenseman are in the second round. (as they are currently projected). It was also stated that first round qaulity players are likely deep into second round this year. Just saying.

7even

Offered and lost
Feb 1, 2012
North Carolina

So what about

What's up with Fabbri?

Mar 26, 2010
Sure, what you gonna get then...a 2nd round pick ?

No body, and I mean no ****ing body will pay a fair value or even a premium for Nylander as long as the guy is not under a contract. No one wants to take all the risks.
Exactly. So why would Shanny/Dubas be so stupid to trade him now LOL. If no deal is signed in Toronto, you wait and sign him in the spring and then trade him with a contract already in place.

It is very simple. All this panic in here is hilarious...he does not need to be traded today or tomorrow as being suggested in here.

Colt55

Sep 28, 2017
st. Louis
That's fair, but even so, I think the difference in value is too great between Lil/Sandin and JayBow, Fabbri and Mikola/Walman to make the deal.
Jaybo is just a way to allow us to take on nylander contract and comes off the books next year. As for fabbri he is looking pretty good and walman will be ready next year. All very cheap options with parayko. Any thanks for your response

Randy Randerson

Jul 28, 2016
Hamilton
I think you're off base here on every front - you might not like the names on the lineup but the Leafs D has been effective this year, still among the league leaders in GA/GP. Even looking at the lineup, all that's missing is a proper partner for Rielly, and if Nylander+ one of those two prospects were to solve that problem that's surely on the table
Durzi, Rasanen have to be considered prospects and it's the norm for non-1st round D prospects to turn into players, like Dermott. Rosen and Borgman are likely both NHL caliber, Borgman's body of work is certainly that and Rosen has outperformed him at the AHL level. Both have the tools you'd expect for NHL defensemen - skating, positioning, good breakout abilities and both have offensive upside

if Nylander+ both of Sandin & Liljegren got the perfect partner for Rielly to complete the d corps, why not?

Colt55

Sep 28, 2017
st. Louis
Please just ignore @Colt55

I don't think any Blues fans would realistically expect both Liljegren and Sandin in any potential trade.
I wasnt expecting. I was asking. I was making trade ideas on a trade board. What your really doing is trying to throw me under the bus to make a few fans in this thread. GOOD JOB

Reactions: Scott Stevens

Duke Silver

Truce?
Jun 4, 2008
Toronto/St. John's

This isn't a rumour. It's just some random person putting together a trade proposal on HFBoards.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad