Speculation: Nylander XXII - all Nylander discussion here (MOD WARNING IN OP)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bobblehead

Sep 30, 2006
My insiders were telling me Simmonds + Hagg for Nylander + Liljegren + 1st

Wow that seems really, really bad for Toronto. They have to get one of Sanheim, Ghost or Provorov as part of any deal. If not, it looks like a massive failure to me.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
Gonna link this post here and see what you guys have to say for it:

I call BS because that's a deal that would have been completed in the off-season. If that's all it would have taken, it would have been done by now.

6 years at $7 million is fair, I just don't see any reason to see why they'd suddenly agree to a fair deal now.

Reactions: McChiaricolson

hyduK

Feb 21, 2009
6 @ $7M is a great deal. Dunno why anyone would complain (or why it would even take that long).
The only reason anyone would complain about that is because of this Shanaplan everyone taking a hometown discount narrative that's been floating around. It's always been unreasonable for that to happen. Outside of that it's fair market value.

Reactions: rojac and sansabri

member 157595

6 @ $7M is a great deal. Dunno why anyone would complain (or why it would even take that long).

8 years at $7M per would have been a great deal. 6 years isn't bad but it isn't ideal either.

TheBeastCoast

Mar 23, 2011
Dartmouth,NS
I call BS because that's a deal that would have been completed in the off-season. If that's all it would have taken, it would have been done by now.
I mean if Nylander wanted mid to high 8's that is a lot of room to cover hypothetically along with the Leafs potentially being low to mid 6's. Granted nothing about this process has been logical and it really should have been an easy negotiation...but here we are.

FalcorMulch

Aug 29, 2018

6 years at $7 million is fair, I just don't see any reason to see why they'd suddenly agree to a fair deal now.

Not if in the off-season Dubas was at $6 million and Nylander was at $8 million. It's impossible to predict how these negotiations play out. Why did it take Lindholm and the Ducks to the end of October to hit $5.25 million when it's a perfectly fair deal?

smack66

Mar 5, 2008
ontario
does anyone know the longest thread in HF board history? I'm wondering if this one has potential if it goes to the last minute

RogerRoger

Jul 23, 2013

Because either or both sides were unreasonable until this point.

Reactions: DANTHEMAN1967

Colt55

Sep 28, 2017
st. Louis
No. You aren't getting both Sandin and Lil along with Nylander....and we don't need Jaybo.
Once again Jaybo covers the difference between parayko 5.5 and nylander 7-8. Jaybo contract is over after this year.

So what about

Parayko, Jaybo, Fabbri, Mikola\walman

Nylander Liljgren Sandin.

I am not trying to annoy you guys. This will be the last time i make an offer.

Colt55

Sep 28, 2017
st. Louis
Aren't you the guy that tells us over and over again that Nylander is a non-starter as the main piece for Parayko?
Yes, If you follow. I decided rather than continually say no. I would just entertain ideas. Doesnt mean i want to trade him. I just want to see how far TOR fans are willing to go. Thats kinda what this site is for.

ATypicalCanadian

Apr 30, 2015
Canada
Gonna link this post here and see what you guys have to say for it:

I would be somewhat hesitant to believe this as it stands considering he broke one signing, but if he does end up being right then that's a big piece of info to have.

The big thing for me though is that he deleted the comment now, so I would take this with a grain of salt at the moment.

grapes55

Sep 14, 2017
theneckguard.wordpress.com
Once again Jaybo covers the difference between parayko 5.5 and nylander 7-8. Jaybo contract is over after this year.

So what about

Pretty much any deal with either Liljegren or Sandin, let alone BOTH, is really not ideal for the Leafs.

Duke Silver

Truce?
Jun 4, 2008
Toronto/St. John's
I would be somewhat hesitant to believe this as it stands considering he broke one signing, but if he does end up being right then that's a big piece of info to have.

The big thing for me though is that he deleted the comment now, so I would take this with a grain of salt at the moment.

He didn't delete the comment, he deactivated his account, I assume to avoid his mailbox getting flooded.

Dog

Arf! Arf! Arf!
Feb 9, 2016
Wasteland

So what about

How about Nylander+Zaitsev for Thomas+Parayko+JAYBO

Mar 26, 2010
Unfortunately Not allowed to say. I’m hearing however if they don’t like the offers they’re getting (underwhelming so far) they would rather hold onto him until the summer, and move him then.
We all know that Dubas is going to get lowball offers. So yeah, if nothing let him sit. Deal him on the draft floor.

Dustin

Sep 24, 2014
Unfortunately Not allowed to say. I’m hearing however if they don’t like the offers they’re getting (underwhelming so far) they would rather hold onto him until the summer, and move him then.
Unless you are vetted you can't claim sources.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad