Speculation: Nylander XXI - all Nylander discussion here (MOD WARNING IN OP)

Status
Not open for further replies.

HOPE

Goal Caufield!
Jun 30, 2011
Montreal
Jeff Petry is not worth a 22 year old top line forward. sorry.
yeah but with the circumstances is Nylander worth a 22 year old top line foward?

Tbh as a leafs fan i would kinda be upset to trade a young foward like this for a 30 year old Dman, but fits like a glove and is still mad effective, i honestly don't think the value is that far appart.

meefer

Jun 9, 2015
Bangkok
nylander would get vouchers in Russia if he signed there this year he would make about the same as what he would get on a bridge deal. so no he wouldn't lose a years salary.

:laugh: Yes, because vouchers are so valuable around the world.

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
yeah but with the circumstances is Nylander worth a 22 year old top line foward?

Tbh as a leafs fan i would kinda be upset to trade a young foward like this for a 30 year old Dman, but fits like a glove and is still mad effective, i honestly don't think the value is that far appart.

Of course not. You cheer for Montreal.

30 teams in the league would offer more.

Morbo

The Annihilator
Jan 14, 2003
Toronto

kinda?

you think that because you're a habs fan and this would be a great deal for the habs.

TheGroceryStick

Jan 19, 2009
Ontario Canada
Speaking honestly

If a top pairing Dman was holding out.

Would you trade a signed Nylander for him?

His value has been effected by this....
In saying That; it doesn't mean Toronto is ,in any way, handcuffed into taking a less than average deal.

So the stalemate is real.

HOPE

Goal Caufield!
Jun 30, 2011
Montreal
Of course not. You cheer for Montreal.

30 teams in the league would offer more.
i'm not a homer, i'm a hockey fan before beign a fan of an organisation. yeah maybe but at the same time not much team have Top4 expendable Dman. of course if you could go similar potential younger you do it, is it being offered? but let's not act like petry isn't a solid 3D or showed any type of decline, with the Leafs current Fowards group would you like to add a Dman like Petry or add nylander for 3 cup run? i know the price is steep and the age could be a concern but at the end of the day your goal is the stanley cup.

FalcorMulch

Aug 29, 2018
Redditor who broke the Ennis signing claims a verbal agreement is done. Contract will be signed soon.

inthe6ix

Oct 3, 2008
Toronto, Canada
Funny... on the Canes board we're saying it's not the 30 other NHL team's job to solve Toronto's cap problems. I guess we'll have some resolution in just over 24 hours....

What's even more funny is that consensus is coming from a team that is dead last in the East in goals for (65) when he could help immensely with that weakness.

But keep thinking you're helping us if that is what gets you through the day.

Reactions: RomanianLeafs

Dekes For Days

Sep 24, 2018
nylander would get vouchers in Russia if he signed there this year he would make about the same as what he would get on a bridge deal. so no he wouldn't lose a years salary.
As a non-Russian playing in the KHL, with less than half of the season to go, he'd barely make anything.

Incinerator

Nov 6, 2018
Nope too old.
I doubt the Leafs really care if the return is too old, the alternative is probably a couple 1st rounders.

Toronto hasn't won the Cup in over 50 years!

Mark Giordano could win the Norris this year or next while leading the Leafs to Lord Stanley.

hyduK

Feb 21, 2009
Redditor who broke the Ennis signing claims a verbal agreement is done. Contract will be signed soon.
The same redditor also said Tavares was gonna be named captain btw. Has some credibility for sure but an iffy track record.

Fear

Nov 17, 2014
To t.o
Lucic
Nurse
Lagesson
Rattie
2nd 2020
To edm
Nylander
Horton
Timashov
Bracco

No way can the Leafs take Lucic, the whole point of this whole saga is cap ...

Nurse for Nylander as a basis is not my preference as a Leafs fan but it could be worse...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad