Friedman: Nylander XIII - Officially on the block, per Friedman (ALL NYLANDER TALK HERE)

Status
Not open for further replies.

TorontoTrades

Feb 4, 2012
I think those bottom 6 players u listed are fine but none of them (other than Kapanen) are core players. When i said a good defensive forward i meant someone who can shut down top lines like Kadri or Backlund. Reinhart seems like that type of guy and would be perfect for ur team since u guys have weak defense.

Hyman, Kapanen, Marner and Tavares are all top 6 guys currently.

flamesforcup

Sep 5, 2017
Yes and No. I think only Johnny Hockey has the creativity of Nylander in the organization. I think that would allow you to move other parts to balance your team. No one can trade a top 4 D-Man for a forward and not have a hole to fix on the back end.

Gaudreau - Monahan - Neal
Tkachuk - Backlund - Nylander
Bennett - Lindholm - Frolik

That becomes a pretty strong top 9 with Gaudreau and Nylander split up to create on their lines.

I think Toronto looks elsewhere as I don't think Brodie is who they target with Nylander.
That top 9 does look pretty dope. But yea i doubt the Leafs do that trade unless there desperate. Brodie is UFA soon too anyways

Liferleafer

TSN Scrum Lurker
Feb 9, 2011
Because u also get a forward back and dont leave a hole in ur forward corps. For example if u trade Nylander 1 for 1 u get a hole in ur forward corps but with Reinhart u add a good defensive forward and a good right handed offensive dman. Even though its not ideal its still a big upgrade for just Nylander
We also lose Dermott who in his short stint has looked good.

Incinerator

Nov 6, 2018
When's the last time Toronto had an elite defenseman like Mark Giordano? (Toronto born)

TJ Brodie is a top pairing defenseman, he shoots left but is more comfortable on RD, Sam Bennett would probably love to be a Maple Leaf as well, his boyhood idle Doug Gilmour, it's the reason why Sam wears #93.

Both Sam & TJ might give the Leafs one of the hometown discounts they are seeking, seeing as they are Ontario boys.

tapi

Oct 25, 2009
The Leafs can and will hold unto him as long as takes for him to go down to roughly 6 million at the most per year. It can take 2 months or 2 years but that's how it's going to go down..

DownGoesMcDavid

Apr 17, 2017
The Leafs can and will hold unto him as long as takes for him to go down to roughly 6 million at the most per year. It can take 2 months or 2 years but that's how it's going to go down..

Not if my.boy Michael Nylander has any say in it!

3 more weeks baby till we see who won this standoff! My bet is on the Nylander camp.

Dubas doesnt have the skills yet

NobleSix

High Tech Low-Life.
Apr 20, 2013
CyberSpace
www.ilovebees.co

If Nylander was in any way, shape, or form even remotely interested in signing a deal at around 6 million, then this deal would have been done weeks ago. He's demonstrated that he's not interested in that at all.

I think the most likely scenario right now is this: The Leafs either come up significantly from their offer, or they trade him. Does Nylander cave as December 1st approaches? Maybe, but I get the sense from all of this that short term money isn't much of a concern for him, and that he's focused on the long term. Also, I don't think its realistic to expect the Leafs to sit on Nylander all season once December 1st passes, only to do this same song and dance in the summer, all in the hopes of signing him to a deal around 6 million.

Reactions: Nifty Willy

Kamiccolo

Truly wonderful, the mind of a child is.
Aug 30, 2011
Undisclosed research facility

3 more weeks baby till we see who won this standoff! My bet is on the Nylander camp.

Can't wait to read the conspiracies on here once Dubas gets all the kids signed to go deals.. and for way less than the doomer and gloomers have said on here.

DownGoesMcDavid

Apr 17, 2017
Can't wait to read the conspiracies on here once Dubas gets all the kids signed to go deals.. and for way less than the doomer and gloomers have said on here.

If Nylander signs long term for 6mil a year ill gladly eat crow.

If more than that then Dubas got schooled and lost 2-3 months of Nylander

Leaf Fans

Sep 29, 2017

How would you even know if Nylander "wins" the standoff. They have negotiating since July. If they come to an agreement it will be mutual. Or, he is traded or he sits.

DownGoesMcDavid

Apr 17, 2017
How would you even know if Nylander "wins" the standoff. They have negotiating since July. If they come to an agreement it will be mutual. Or, he is traded or he sits.

Because i dont think a winger like Nylander is worth more than 6 mil especially if you want to be able to actually get a good Dman AND have everyone under the cap.

Leaf Fans

Sep 29, 2017
Oh, ok then. I think most people believe that he will sign for more than 6. So I suppose in your mind, Nylander has already won. Enjoy it!

tapi

Oct 25, 2009
Laine for Nylander should be rather fair and give both players a new boost after a little slump.

member 147413

When's the last time Toronto had an elite defenseman like Mark Giordano? (Toronto born)

TJ Brodie is a top pairing defenseman, he shoots left but is more comfortable on RD, Sam Bennett would probably love to be a Maple Leaf as well, his boyhood idle Doug Gilmour, it's the reason why Sam wears #93.

Both Sam & TJ might give the Leafs one of the hometown discounts they are seeking, seeing as they are Ontario boys.

Gio is 35

Brodie is bad, Flames fans want him out

Bennett is a bunch of meh

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad