Friedman: Nylander XIII - Officially on the block, per Friedman (ALL NYLANDER TALK HERE)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dekes For Days

Sep 24, 2018
Ulysses31 said:
my approach would be different players have different needs, akin to a parent to children

edit: i would comprimise for the betterment of the team
It doesn't work like that in a business where there are established market values and public disclosure of contracts.

You can't just pay some players (especially the ones who have the least leverage/rights/resume/importance) proportionally more than others because "meh, they want it", while holding out on others, for no understandable reason. If you pay Nylander 1m/year more than he's worth because "maybe he'll earn it eventually", then you're doing at least that for a lot of other players, and suddenly you are running your team at a HUGE disadvantage. You just went and told all of your players that you will pay them favourably for things they haven't done.

You wouldn't be compromising for the betterment of the team. You'd be destroying the team, and even under the best scenario, you'd be shortening their window considerably. Sometimes holding firm is a team's best move.

Reactions: Mork and Dustin

dangomon

Nov 4, 2017
Kingston, ON
These ongoing Nylander threads are crazy how they can just keep going and going and going with no new news lol

I keep thinking when i click on it there will be significant news, but i keep getting tricked!! Lol
Same, I click hoping for some solid updates. Tell myself I won't come back to see useless chatter, then see the thread and get scared I may be missing something important. Classic case of FOMO.

Reactions: GeauxPreds1

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
Same, I click hoping for some solid updates. Tell myself I won't come back to see useless chatter, then see the thread and get scared I may be missing something important. Classic case of FOMO.

But atleast you know once something does happen, this site will be crashed lol. Basically once you see Error 520, nothing has happened haha

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad