Friedman: Nylander XIII - Officially on the block, per Friedman (ALL NYLANDER TALK HERE)

Status
Not open for further replies.

BM14

Dec 7, 2012
GTA
If all he cares about is money, I can see a guy like Benning overpaying him... so maybe Vancouver is a good option.

If he cares about having a chance at the cup?

lol
Why would he want to sign in Vancouver? They have no G, no D and a C that can't protect himself.

TOGuy14

Dec 30, 2010
Toronto
Honestly, this isn't a great look for Dubas as a rookie GM

He went out and signed the #1 UFA, which is great and all, but you gotta take care of your own guys first. The problem in Leafland wasn't needing another scorer, it was getting some help on the backend. They spent the money in the wrong place, paying a ton for Tavares, and now have no D and Nylander is about to get traded.

This is classic HFBoards

If Dubas signed nylander for 8m like he wanted he would be the worst GM ever

Because Dubas is holding firm against a crazy ask he is the worst GM ever

Cotton

May 13, 2013

He went out and signed the #1 UFA, which is great and all, but you gotta take care of your own guys first. The problem in Leafland wasn't needing another scorer, it was getting some help on the backend. They spent the money in the wrong place, paying a ton for Tavares, and now have no D and Nylander is about to get traded.

He looks fine, nobody could foresee this level of unreasonable greed coming from Nylanders camp, and unless you're brain damaged you should be able to recognize he's handling this situation the right way by not giving in to those unreasonable demands.

We have D, we also have John f***ing Tavares and a Willy to trade for D help. Thanks for your concerns though.

glucker

Aug 22, 2008
London, ON
Yeah. I honestly see Vancouver really speeding this rebuild up and passing TO. They would really speed it up with Nylander and pass TO next year.
Vancouver is really close... they're just massively behind in forwards, defense, and goaltending.

They're flying high right now, but the underlying numbers show that they're going to come crashing down.

glucker

Aug 22, 2008
London, ON
Isn't Matthews injured...
yup, Leafs are essentially missing their top line with Matthews and Nylander out, and are still tied for 3rd in the league.

Can you imagine how much better any team in the league would be if you just added Matthews and Nylander to the roster without giving up anything?

Reactions: DANTHEMAN1967

DanM

Oct 2, 2017
This is classic HFBoards

If Dubas signed nylander for 8m like he wanted he would be the worst GM ever

Because Dubas is holding firm against a crazy ask he is the worst GM ever

Yep

But it is a public board, and the world is full of really stupid people.

Add in team bias, and it's basically dealing with children, with emotional intelligence issues lol

P.S But I still love it for entertainment value, and some pretty cool posters

Last edited:

sansabri

hello my enemies
Aug 12, 2005
yup, Leafs are essentially missing their top line with Matthews and Nylander out, and are still tied for 3rd in the league.

Can you imagine how much better any team in the league would be if you just added Matthews and Nylander to the roster without giving up anything?

They also played a bunch of weak teams and have been pretty inconsistent. More offense isn't going to push the Leafs over the top.

Good thing we have an All Star elite C that can step right in, no?

Sure. I'd recommend however not to take digs when your own franchise player has already gotten injured a few times.

Reactions: Devonator

glucker

Aug 22, 2008
London, ON
They also played a bunch of weak teams and have been pretty inconsistent. More offense isn't going to push the Leafs over the top.
There are no easy games in this league, and Vancouver's schedule hasn't exactly been daunting compared the the Leafs'.

Bad argument.

BM14

Dec 7, 2012
GTA

Sure. I'd recommend however not to take digs when your own franchise player has already gotten injured a few times.
Cool. I recommend having a few franchise players. It's fun to watch a team with more than one.

orbiter11

Sep 11, 2014
I’d do a 3-way trade to help Toronto’s cap hell, Carolina’s lack of offense, and Montreal’s rebuilt.

CAR:
Petry (5.5M AAV x 3)
Nylander (7.5M AAV x 8)
Hudon (650k x 2)

Slight downgrade on defense by getting okder, but they add 90-100 pts production offensively.

TOR:
Pesce (4.03M AAV x 6)
Shaw (3.9M AAV x 4)

Offensive is cut in half, but huge upgrade on defense as needed. Shaw is an immediate upgrade on the likes of Hyman & such to help any of the top 3 lines + a right shot.

MTL:
Horton’s contract
Jake Bean
2019 CAR 1st (Top 3 protected)
2019 TOR 1st (Top 3 protected)

Team gets younger with Bean likely to step up next year (LHD - A position of need since they traded Sergachev). Also helps Mtl decrease their logjam of roster players.
Man, so Nylander and a 1st for Pesce and Shaw. Id strongly hesitate to do that deal for just Nylander maybe through in Canes 1st.

Tavares to Marner

Dec 20, 2011
Hamilton
Dman with similar talent or a bit lesser talent and a plus and I'm happy

He ain't returning someone like slavin so move on from that but this will haunt us forever

sansabri

hello my enemies
Aug 12, 2005
There are no easy games in this league, and Vancouver's schedule hasn't exactly been daunting compared the the Leafs'.

Bad argument.

Oh, there definitely was no easy game tonight. The argument is fair. Canucks aren't looking at themselves as contenders.

Cool. I recommend having a few franchise players. It's fun to watch a team with more than one.

Cool.

Tavares to Marner

Dec 20, 2011
Hamilton

You take Tavares and a dman over Nylander Any day

Reactions: DANTHEMAN1967

orbiter11

Sep 11, 2014
That's where I stand.

Tavares is a great player, but I think he used too much cap space in the wrong area. The rebuild was going very smoothly.
I dont agree. The only reason were competing right now is because we have Tavares as a top line center. Matthews still has flaws in his game and has injury issues. Your also forgetting we lost Bozak and JVR. IM not a big fan of dubas other then the Tavares signing, but Lou would have done it in a second.

glucker

Aug 22, 2008
London, ON
Oh, there definitely was no easy game tonight. The argument is fair. Canucks aren't looking at themselves as contenders.

Cool.
Nor should they be, and yet we have a Nucks fan saying Nylander to would be happy to leave the "shithole" Leafs for a team years away from thinking about contending.

sansabri

hello my enemies
Aug 12, 2005
Nor should they be, and yet we have a Nucks fan saying Nylander to would be happy to leave the "****hole" Leafs for a team years away from thinking about contending.

How do you know they're years away? Lemme borrow your crystal ball.

Tavares to Marner

Dec 20, 2011
Hamilton
Id love to get someone like dumba back, obviously it's somewhat of a pipedream

These guys are as good defensively as offensively because they hold the puck longer on the other end,

the defensive dman stereotype is dead, out of the young crop you gotta at least be a 2 way guy (Seth Jones, Parayako)

As much I can imagine, Nylander to return Parayoko would be music to the ears lads

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad