Speculation: Nylander X - All rumors, proposals, discussion, etc. HERE

Status
Not open for further replies.

jay caufield forhead

May 17, 2014
not telling you
I can wait, it's bad for the league when you can't keep talent together, it's fun to watch exciting hockey.

Leafs could of very easily kept all there talent together. They chose to overpay JT. as a free agent. I am not saying he is not worth it or one of the best centers in the league. When you have a lot of young talent you know you have to pay at some point. You make choices leafs now have to figure it out.

Reactions: Snowman

Leaf Fans

Sep 29, 2017
Leafs could of very easily kept all there talent together. They chose to overpay JT. as a free agent. I am not saying he is not worth it or one of the best centers in the league. When you have a lot of young talent you know you have to pay at some point. You make choices leafs now have to figure it out.
Leafs didn't overpay for Tavares he left money on the table.

Feb 24, 2017
Leafs didn't overpay for Tavares he left money on the table.
It’s not so much he got too much money, it’s that if they truly wished to keep the rest of what they had together without making sacrifices, they never had an $11,000,000 open slot.

nturn06

Nov 9, 2017
Someone doesn’t know the meaning of pro-rated.

OK, So why don't you explain it to me what it means. Lets say that the season is only 41 matches, and Tavares earns 10.125 mil bonus+375k salary. How do you pro-rate that for a full season? I am really curious...

Sasso09

Jan 2, 2009
Chicago
Would it be so far fetched to suggest he is? Nylander is amazing at 5v5 and zone entries. It would not surprise me the slightest to see him score slightly below or at PPG this year. So yeah, that’s pretty elite to me.
Yes, it's farfetched.

Leaf Fans

Sep 29, 2017
They overpaid him. They just didn’t overpay him as much as possible
It was the lowest AAV that we know of. The market sets the value so he has not been over payed. Even if you really really want him to have been.

Leaf Fans

Sep 29, 2017
It’s not so much he got too much money, it’s that if they truly wished to keep the rest of what they had together without making sacrifices, they never had an $11,000,000 open slot.
That does make sense, but which players would we rather have than Tavares? I can think of one of the big three that the Leafs could risk playing hardball with.

Feb 24, 2017
That does make sense, but which players would we rather have than Tavares? I can think of one of the big three that the Leafs could risk playing hardball with.
I’m not saying Tavares was a bad way to go. Why not? It’s better to have another asset on the top of the scale if you ask me. It just may mean sacrifices on the (relative) lower end. Plans change because of opportunities. It may have been shortsighted, or even a touch arrogant, of Dubas to make the claim he did. Should maybe have just thrown tired cliches at it that the media damn well knows mean nothing and wouldn’t be brought up later.

Albus Dumbledore

Master of Death
Mar 28, 2015
Just watched a nearly 9 minute video that showed Nylander go into the corner exactly Zero times.
nylanders weird he will avoid contact a lot or just dont care and take it hes very sporadic like that idk why.
As a leafs fan he does need to go into the dirty areas more.

Feb 24, 2017
Probably because the puck was never in the corner.
Lying only hurts your arguement with your sparring partner. I’m not even involved. I just know that the puck was in the corner during the video and Nylander avoided going for it. I have no horse in this race.

OVO16

#WeTheNorth
Apr 16, 2017
Tavares wasnt overpaid at all. Market value at best.

San Jose reportedly offered more and that wouldve been a overpayment imo

Leaf Fans

Sep 29, 2017
I’m not saying Tavares was a bad way to go. Why not? It’s better to have another asset on the top of the scale if you ask me. It just may mean sacrifices on the (relative) lower end. Plans change because of opportunities. It may have been shortsighted, or even a touch arrogant, of Dubas to make the claim he did. Should maybe have just thrown tired cliches at it that the media damn well knows mean nothing and wouldn’t be brought up later.
Maybe, I suppose time will tell. They might be close to a deal with Nylander now, so that is the immediate problem. But You are right- He should have just thrown out a tired cliche.

Reactions: Scott Stevens

A1LeafNation

Obsession beats talent everytime!!
Oct 17, 2010
Lying only hurts your arguement with your sparring partner. I’m not even involved. I just know that the puck was in the corner during the video and Nylander avoided going for it. I have no horse in this race.
Probably means lying lol

9 min of video out of how much ice has Nylander seen in the NHL.

Good sample size.

Feb 24, 2017
Probably means lying lol

9 min of video out of how much ice has Nylander seen in the NHL.

Good sample size.
I’m not talking about any of that haha
Presumably you have watched the video and claim the puck never is in the corner. Another leafs fan just said it was. I dunno.

Feb 24, 2017
Maybe, I suppose time will tell. They might be close to a deal with Nylander now, so that is the immediate problem. But You are right- He should have just thrown out a tired cliche.
We bash athletes and sports management for being boring and using cliches. There is a very good reason they use them. Feet in mouth isn’t appetizing.

Leaf Fans

Sep 29, 2017
I’m not talking about any of that haha
Presumably you have watched the video and claim the puck never is in the corner. Another leafs fan just said it was. I dunno.
Nah, I didn't check it. I just remembered Nylander having a good game three. I did check for game 6 and you can clearly see Nylander in the corner at the 0:16 mark.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad