Speculation: Nylander X - All rumors, proposals, discussion, etc. HERE

Status
Not open for further replies.

sabresEH

May 17, 2009
Kelowna, BC
Of course, but it is evident that you didn't. Here is some evidence:

Was that video supposed to prove that he does go into corners? Because I wasted nine minutes watching it and saw him 2. One time was not near the corner. The other he backed away from engaging in board play(as his teammate took care of the man) and Willy picked up the puck and fed Matthews for a goal. Doesn’t exactly prove your point if your point is he goes into corners.
No need to be disingenuous.
What was disingenuous about that comment?

allevat

Jan 11, 2018
7mx6 is quite fair for his comparables under the current salary cap. If they can get it a little under 7, it becomes a bargain. 6.75x7 would be a poorish deal for Nylander, though not as bad as the bottom feeding 6mx8 that the Leafs were initially trying for.

A1LeafNation

Obsession beats talent everytime!!
Oct 17, 2010
Ya wtf. That poster straight up lied. Smh.
Lol I didn't take notes. I heard it in passing and he also said he doesn’t think Leafs are going as high as 7m

Last edited:

Divine

Dec 18, 2010
If he's getting all of his salary, why is there the constant "he's losing $35,000 every day" talk?

Because he is. He doesn't have a contract? Assuming he get's one, he won't. What if he doesn't sign by Dec. 1st?

As of this moment he is.

BruinsBtn

Dec 24, 2006
Was that video supposed to prove that he does go into corners? Because I wasted nine minutes watching it and saw him 2. One time was not near the corner. The other he backed away from engaging in board play(as his teammate took care of the man) and Willy picked up the puck and fed Matthews for a goal. Doesn’t exactly prove your point if your point is he goes into corners.

What was disingenuous about that comment?

Here is his last shift as a Leaf. How he bails out in the corner with Chara coming is an instant $1m drop in whatever I'm willing to offer. If you can't take a hit in Game 7, it's never going to happen.

Nithoniniel

Sep 7, 2012
Skövde, Sweden
There's plenty of evidence that he is effective along the boards, I've brought it up many times on the Leafs board. He forechecks well, and he digs out quite a few pucks. He's not as effective as the first man in, but very good at digging pucks out and winning battles when foot work becomes a factor.

As for why this becomes a topic, there's a few things at play here. Recency bias, and Leafs fans distancing themselves. He does have issues at times when teams play him hard, and that was very visible in the Boston series. That's where recency bias comes in. Willy clearly got intimidated by Chara in the early games, and it led to him taking steps to avoid getting cornered in the remainder of the series. His whole game kind of fell apart due to that. That issue is getting a bit blown out of proportion though, as it has never been even close to such an issue before. I found it quite telling when one of his critics on our boards came back and repented on just this topic after having re-watched a lot of our late games that season.

I've been part of these boards for a long time, lurking around even longer. I've been here years when Leafs fans would explode with jealousy over having a talent like this on their team, and would paint a fanbase as spoiled if they didn't appreciate him just because they had even greater talent around him. The times sure have changed.

Reactions: Eb

Taluss

Jul 28, 2018
NYC
Can’t wait for the same thing to happen next year with Marner

It never ends. There’s always some form of drama happening in the league. Tavares, then Karlsson, Now Nyl. I guarantee once this is over they will get a huge boner for Panarin and constantly be coming up with rumours and we will all follow along

Kobe Armstrong

Jul 26, 2011
7m x 6y is a lot worse than 6.75m x 7y but either way it shouldn't handicap the Leafs moving forward

sabresEH

May 17, 2009
Kelowna, BC
There's plenty of evidence that he is effective along the boards, I've brought it up many times on the Leafs board. He forechecks well, and he digs out quite a few pucks. He's not as effective as the first man in, but very good at digging pucks out and winning battles when foot work becomes a factor.

As for why this becomes a topic, there's a few things at play here. Recency bias, and Leafs fans distancing themselves. He does have issues at times when teams play him hard, and that was very visible in the Boston series. That's where recency bias comes in. Willy clearly got intimidated by Chara in the early games, and it led to him taking steps to avoid getting cornered in the remainder of the series. His whole game kind of fell apart due to that. That issue is getting a bit blown out of proportion though, as it has never been even close to such an issue before. I found it quite telling when one of his critics on our boards came back and repented on just this topic after having re-watched a lot of our late games that season.

I've been part of these boards for a long time, lurking around even longer. I've been here years when Leafs fans would explode with jealousy over having a talent like this on their team, and would paint a fanbase as spoiled if they didn't appreciate him just because they had even greater talent around him. The times sure have changed.
I’m not entirely sure how all this pertains to my post(thanks Trudeau ;))

My only point was that video didn’t prove his point. And I wasted nine minutes to see if it did.

Last edited:
Reactions: Sasso09

Mar 26, 2010
It never ends. There’s always some form of drama happening in the league. Tavares, then Karlsson, Now Nyl. I guarantee once this is over they will get a huge ***** for Panarin and constantly be coming up with rumours and we will all follow along
Yeah, Panarin is next :laugh:

Nithoniniel

Sep 7, 2012
Skövde, Sweden
I’m not entirey sure how all this pertains to my post(thanks Trudeau ;))

My only point was that video didn’t prove his point. And I wasted nine minutes to see if it did.
Just thought I'd try to satisfy any hypothetical curiosity. And, apparently, my own need to write long posts about hockey. ;)

Reactions: sabresEH

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011
Vaguely interesting Bobby Mac (on Insider Trader) stated Kurt Overhardt is in town meeting with Chevy from the Jets about Trouba and is then talking with Dubas shortly after that.

Trouba - Conversations can happen pre Jan 1st, but no contracts can be signed until after Jan 1st. Seems odd a bit they would be talking contract extensions considering they just agreed to a one year deal short while ago and cannot extend it until the new year.

Dubas - Sparks is the only client of Kurt’s on the Leafs.....he’s signed to a one year deal. Seems a bit odd to talk about contracts (if that’s it) about a backup goalie in October, after only two games while sporting a 3.49 GAA & a save % of .892

Maybe there’s more to Kurt’s visit to both GM’s. Hypothetically Kurt might be telling Dubas Troubas contract demands. Hmmm

Highly unlikely of course, but posting for fun anyways.

Mar 26, 2010
Vaguely interesting Bobby Mac (on Insider Trader) stated Kurt Overhardt is in town meeting with Chevy from the Jets about Trouba and is then talking with Dubas shortly after that.

Trouba - Conversations can happen pre Jan 1st, but no contracts can be signed until after Jan 1st. Seems odd a bit they would be talking contract extensions considering they just agreed to a one year deal short while ago and cannot extend it until the new year.

Dubas - Sparks is the only client of Kurt’s on the Leafs.....he’s signed to a one year deal. Seems a bit odd to talk about contracts (if that’s it) about a backup goalie in October, after only two games while sporting a 3.49 GAA & a save % of .892

Maybe there’s more to Kurt’s visit to both GM’s. Hypothetically Kurt might be telling Dubas Troubas contract demands. Hmmm

Highly unlikely of course, but posting for fun anyways.
Interesting. IMO, I don’t have the Jets and Leafs as good trading partners. You never know though.

Reactions: Hunter368

Judas Tavares

S2S (Sundin2Sandin)
Sponsor
Feb 9, 2007
Yeah, it's a rough feeling when you have so much elite talent, you don't know what to do with it. Not sure how us Leaf fans get up in the morning, to be honest. :cool:

It used to be: Leafs have no good players. They are bad.
Now it is: Leafs have too many good players and can't afford them all. That's bad.

No matter what, it's always bad!

MisterT

Nov 29, 2006
No, but if for the next CBA fight we end up with a short season and the league pro-rates earnings, the Leafs would be in serious troubles. Many teams would be in troubles, but the Leafs would be in very very deep.

Someone doesn’t know the meaning of pro-rated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->