Speculation: Nylander X - All rumors, proposals, discussion, etc. HERE

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leaf Fans

Sep 29, 2017
Lol shock jock Dean is likely not the best source.

He's schtick ran thin on "the edge" and now he's acting like a sports guy?
I had honestly never hear of him. I twas just something about the contract. Is "
shock jock Dean" his professional name?

ViewsFromThe6ix

Zachary on the Attackary
Oct 17, 2013
6ix
In EA, or Advanced Capology 101 College (2 Year Post-Graduate) you learn to never trade an elite forward for defensive help.

:eek:

What are you talking about? Just because I can't come up with a shining example doesn't mean you can't try. Does every trade have to be a 1 for 1 deal?

For a player like Nylander, 1 for 1 for an elite defenseman of similar age. No packages.

TheGroceryStick

Jan 19, 2009
Ontario Canada
I had honestly never hear of him. I twas just something about the contract. Is "
shock jock Dean" his professional name?
Not his professional name....but it fit his schtick.
He pushed boundaries on terrestrial radio in Toronto for quite some time, with his shock humour ala Stern, Opie and Anthony Etc.

It's odd seeing him as a 'legit source'

But Hey, if the zebra changed his stripes, so be it.

nturn06

Nov 9, 2017
What? How?

Well the question is: are they gonna prorate salary or earnings.

Note that due to the nature of signing bonus, if they play half season, Tavares still makes about 10.5 out of 11 mils. Now, if they prorate his actual earnings over a full season, that would mean a cap hit of about 21 mils, wouldn't it? 10.5 /41 games means 21/82 games.

This issue was not a problem at the last CBA, but now there are way too many players which have the salary mainly as signing bonus, and there are rumors many GMs/owners don't like this. I expect to be some discussions regarding this in the next CBA negotiations, and it will be interesting to see if they decide to simply prorate the salary or earnings.

There are few players in the league with similar structured salaries, and if this becomes an issue it will probably hit a third of the teams. But if the Leafs end up signing AM/Marner/Nylander to similar contracts, they would have the most money tied in such salaries.

Devonator

Jan 5, 2003
Yes, it's far-fetched to suggest a player with a career high of 22 goals and 61 points is an elite player.
I am not a leaf fan but I would say Nylander is trending in the future to be a elite star player...he is very young and he has looked very impressive....without question a top line player!

Reactions: Eb
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad