Speculation: Nylander V - The Management Strikes Back (ALL Nylander Discussion HERE)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dekes For Days

Sep 24, 2018
A much less know story... Cody Hodgson's Dad practically ran his Son out of Vancouver himself by constantly beating down Gillis's door *****ing about his ice time and deployment ect... Gillis said he spent more time on Hodgson's personal problems that the rest of the team combined.
That's horrible. No team should have to deal with that. I don't understand how these parents don't understand that they are just hurting their kids.

Michel Beauchamp

Canadiens' fan since 1958
Mar 17, 2008
Laval, Qc
Still have no answer I see.

You'd think that if you were going to try and deny something obvious, you'd have some story ready to go.
What is there to deny ?

Again, wake up from your dreams and simply read the post I was responding to and what I wrote.

There's no sinister conspiracy, except in your mind, semble-t-il.

Michel Beauchamp

Mar 17, 2008
Laval, Qc
Maybe. Not sure how one would negotiate with somebody unwilling to negotiate, but all reports have Leafs at a reasonable offer based on his comparables anyway. Only one side is way off with their valuation.
And again, and again, and again, how would you know that for a verifiable fact rather than an assumption on your part ?

Snowman

Oct 12, 2007
Texas
Me when Leafs signed Tavares: Good luck signing Nylander
Leaf fans: WE CAN AFFORD EVERYONE

Me now: is Nylander signed yet? Nope? Hmm weird
I think everyone agrees that the Leafs overpaid big time on the Tavares contract. It was the typical beginning of free agency crazy contract.

SjMilhouse

Jul 18, 2012
I think everyone agrees that the Leafs overpaid big time on the Tavares contract. It was the typical beginning of free agency crazy contract.
It wasn't an overpayment in my opinion. It was more the fact that they spent that much of their cap to him when they have Marner, Nylander, Matthews all on the team and needing big money

Dekes For Days

Sep 24, 2018
And again, and again, and again, how would you know that for a verifiable fact rather than an assumption on your part ?
Nobody knows anything here for a verifiable fact. We are fans on a message board, primarily at the mercy of the media to find things out.

Based on what has been reported, and all of the other information we have, that is the most likely scenario. Based on the current reported position of each camp, it is on Nylander to make the first move because they are furthest away from comparables. Nothing suggests there has been any substantial move.

There is clearly no actual discussion to be had with you. All I am seeing is deflection, insults, a refusal to listen to what I have to say, and a refusal to back up what you have to say. I'm not interested in that.

Albz

Jun 30, 2018
Tsk tsk why would leafs sign Tavares and now they can’t sign Nylander. Tavares sucks! He can’t even score a hat trick ... terrible signing.

Michel Beauchamp

Mar 17, 2008
Laval, Qc
Nobody knows anything here for a verifiable fact. We are fans on a message board, primarily at the mercy of the media to find things out.

Based on what has been reported, and all of the other information we have, that is the most likely scenario. Based on the current reported position of each camp, it is on Nylander to make the first move because they are furthest away from comparables. Nothing suggests there has been any substantial move.

There is clearly no actual discussion to be had with you. All I am seeing is deflection, insults, a refusal to listen to what I have to say, and a refusal to back up what you have to say. I'm not interested in that.
:huh:

I clearly demonstrated that I read what you wrote. Just look at the answers I gave you.

I simply hate when people, even on a message board, state possibilities as facts.

You might have noted that in a preceeding post, I did not write "Untrue" but rather "Possibly untrue" and then explained why it was so, leaving open the possibility that it might turn out to be true.

To repeat, I hate half-truths and half-lies.

seanlinden

Apr 28, 2009
It wasn't an overpayment in my opinion. It was more the fact that they spent that much of their cap to him when they have Marner, Nylander, Matthews all on the team and needing big money

Yes, but there are a couple of ways to look at it.

If you don't sign Tavares, you certainly have enough room for Matthews/Marner/Nylander long term, your team will be built around those guys, and they'll cost around $27m/year combined, add Kadri up front, and you've good core forsure, but I wouldn't necessarily say great.

On the flip side, you sign Tavares, the premier free agent of the last 10 years. You add Kadri, and this is easily one of the best forward groups in the league (likely to be the best within a year or two)., all being reasonably young. As part of the deal, you're now asking the 3 young guns to take a discount... so instead of $27m, you're asking them to be at $24m; knowing that it'll make them cup favourites for at least the next few years.

If they don't "Buy in" to a discount -- you trade them for players who will -- ultimately these guys even though they are young, want to win.

Leaf Fans

Sep 29, 2017
I don't agree. Reading here, one wonders if some people on this board think this is history's only contract dispute. He will sign, he will get traded or he will sit. We can afford. I haven't seen any other team with an 8.5 + million offersheet.

Last edited:

Dekes For Days

Sep 24, 2018
I clearly demonstrated that I read what you wrote. Just look at the answers I gave you.
No, your answers demonstrate the opposite.

I simply hate when people, even on a message board, state possibilities as facts.
I have not stated everything I have said as fact, but your refusal to accept things that are facts does not change them. Your constant suggestion of unlikely scenarios with nothing to support them does not make the most likely scenarios that the rest of us are discussing any less true or valid.

You might have noted that in a preceeding post, I did not write "Untrue" but rather "Possibly untrue" and then explained why it was so, leaving open the possibility that it might turn out to be true.
I expect you would, as people with the desire to twist the truth and rile people up do usually leave themselves an out for when they are wrong later, so that they feel justified in not owning up to their incorrect statements, like earlier.

nturn06

Nov 9, 2017
Tsk tsk why would leafs sign Tavares and now they can’t sign Nylander. Tavares sucks! He can’t even score a hat trick ... terrible signing.

Yea, this is exactly why TML signed him, to play well in some regular season games..

I have to admit he was pretty good today, but as a one game performance he was 5 points shy on ting Sam Gagner ;)

Cotton

May 13, 2013

Everyone agrees? lol. No, it's more like a fringe opinion, the kind that dominates HFboards.

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
I see no reason to keep Nylander around. Trade him for a really good dman and start contending for real. He's just wasting their time at this point and talking himself right into a trade as the Leafs realize their holes that need to be filled

Critical13

Fear is the mind-killer.
Feb 25, 2017
Sitting at a desk.

@Snowman and @beauchamp once again trolling around the thread looking for suckers to get into an argument with.

I have a feeling you will both dissapear once Nylander signs, and if the Leafs have a successful future. You don't seem the type to admit you are wrong with dignity.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad