Proposal: Nylander trade ideas

OskarOskarius

Jan 7, 2019
Think I would rather trade Marner if Leafs needed depth and cap.
I think the problem is that there is no market for Marner? That said I don’t think the market is very interested for Nylander either, because he struck me as a player that wouldn’t take it ”the right way” if he got traded.

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
Why on Earth would Florida swap Huberdeau for Nylander?

Huberdeau is a 200lbs center with back to back 90 pionts paced seasons.

Nylander costs 1 million more per season and has a career high of 61 points.

We wish Barkov and Huberdeau were our 1-2 C's but he is a LW his whole career.
Last time he played C was in juniors.
Your point is still noted though

Reactions: Anantika

Ziggdiezan

Apr 10, 2015
Product of a team... but not a very good player... thats why leaf fans always trying to trade him while his value might be wrongfully high.
Honestly i would imagine you have only watched him a handful of times and was probably more concerned with watching Ducks players so your opinion on this particular player is rather worthless. Especially when the eye test and all stats point at him being a good top line player.

He literally has excelled at every level of hockey he has played and yet he is purely a product of the current NHL team. I hear so often that a wide variety of leaf players are all products of a good team. Who are the like 1 or 2 players providing all the offense and pumping up the value of everyone on the team? They must be the best players in the league to turn a 7 goal guy as you say into a bonafide 30 goal guy this year.

The vast majority of leaf fans don't want to trade Nylander btw.

I am Canadian

AM34|WN88|MM16
May 22, 2008
Toronto
nylander is really the 7 goals 20 assist player we saw 2 years ago

this year was an outlier..

Just like rielly is not a 70 point dmen hes an offensive minded 35 point dmen.... with little to offer in the defensive zone.

Leafs will extend him around 8... and will regret it real quickly.

Imagine thinking that the one poor season out of the consistent 60+ point seasons was the norm when the evidence is the complete opposite.

This guy is just super salty that Toronto "fans" constantly post bad proposals for Manson.

Get out of here troll

Raymoondo

Leafs Cup 2021
Apr 9, 2013
Toronto
nylander is really the 7 goals 20 assist player we saw 2 years ago

this year was an outlier..

Just like rielly is not a 70 point dmen hes an offensive minded 35 point dmen.... with little to offer in the defensive zone.

Leafs will extend him around 8... and will regret it real quickly.
The 35 point dman just put up 27 points in 47 games lol

Reactions: Namikaze Minato

Dache

Feb 12, 2018
Imagine thinking that the one poor season out of the consistent 60+ point seasons was the norm when the evidence is the complete opposite.

This guy is just super salty that Toronto "fans" constantly post bad proposals for Manson.

Get out of here troll
I agree that this poster is out to lunch, however a 37 goal pace is also the outlier for Nylander. Not saying he can’t do it again, but expecting it may be premature

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012

Get out of here troll

Stop being salty that duck fans wont accept dermott + braccco for manson.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Ah I forgot we were only allowed to look at hypotheticals instead of the actual stats my bad
Nope just calling it what it is.... leafs fans don’t want to pay him as a 50-70 point dmen cause they don’t believe he is that good... easily most overrated player in league

Cotton

May 13, 2013
If you are EXTREMELY lucky he'll APPROACH Huberdeau's production and Huberdeau's contract is better

Huberdeau has 170 points in his last 151 games

That’s nice, his previous 6 seasons weren’t nearly as impressive. In fact it took him 6 season to crack 60pts.

If the idiots running the Leafs would draft a player like Schneider instead of another one dimensional offensive player there wouldn't be talk about trading players like Nylander.

The OP isn’t a Leafs fan, and Amirov is a two-way player.

I am Canadian

AM34|WN88|MM16
May 22, 2008
Toronto
Stop being salty that duck fans wont accept dermott + braccco for manson.

This may be difficult for your brain to process but fans have zero control over trades. I really couldn't care much about your valuation of players.

It's blatantly obvious that you are trolling to get a response. You are obviously bothered by leaf fans making pretend proposals for Ducks players and its pretty sad

Dache

Feb 12, 2018
Thread looking for Nylander trade ideas meets the unstoppable force of the math police.

yeesh
To be fair what do you think would happen if people called Nylander a 25 goal or 30 goals scorer? It’s not just a one sided thing you’re pointing out.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad