Wilson
2021 2nd

To Washington:

Nylander

Last edited:

Mickey Marner

Jul 9, 2014
Dystopia
I think his value (and any high AAV contract) is in the shitter. Better to keep him.

The Wilson trade is the only one that would even interest me.

East Coast Icestyle

Mar 6, 2015
Nova Scotia, Canada
He was on pace for 40 goals last season. :laugh:

He scored 31 in 70 games.

Thats not a 40 goal pace.

Anyways. Dont think leafs do the first two, don't think k Florida and Washington do the second ones, but Washington might consider it. Not saying Wilson is the better player, just that he's probably a better fit for them still.

HotDish

Win it for Hynes
Aug 17, 2020
The State of Hockey
Tor-Min
To Toronto:

Eriksson Ek
Greenway

To Minny:
Nylander

Interesting however, the Wild would have to make some more trades to make the cap work and because the team would be over the limit the Wild would have a hard time making a fair trade like the we saw in the Vegas-Van trade.

Plus for a team that is starving for young centre depth trading away one of them is extremely unlikely unless a centre is coming back. No I don't consider Nylander a Centre.

Reactions: virothepyro

GBLeaf

Feb 13, 2014
England, GB.
Willie is great value, his contract is good value and I don't understand why anyone would want to trade him?

If there was a trade to be made to strengthen defensively and open up space on the cap, it would be Marner for me. Marner is a beauty and he's going to get better, but he's the one who would bring back real value and make some serious cap space as a result.

Captain Mountain

Formerly Captain Wolverine
Jun 6, 2010
The first two seem bad for Toronto, so I like them.

I don't see Florida considering the 3rd and I don't see Huberdeau waiving his NMC.

The 4th makes the most sense, but I can't see either team doing it.

Reactions: HabsQC

I am Canadian

AM34|WN88|MM16
May 22, 2008
Toronto
The only deal I would consider is if the Wilson - Nylander deal.

Would have to have a top 4 RHD lined up as well to go with it in a seperate deal, etc Weegar.

Mikheyev - Matthews - Marner

Hyman - Tavares - Wilson

Vesey - Kerfoot - Simmonds

Engvall - Spezza - Barbanov

Rielly - Brodie

Muzzin - Weegar

Dermott/Lehtonen - Bogosian

100% a harder team to play against. Leafs sacrifice 15-20 goals in Nylander to Wilson but gain toughness in the top 6 & a better back end

seanlinden

Apr 28, 2009
Not trading him is a great idea

This...

As another poster mentioned, this is not the year to shed salary and expect great value in return. The Leafs have done very well putting together a pretty complete roster for this season; and still have the flexibility to make a small defensive upgrade if the opportunity arises.

Revisit the big 4 next offseason, where there's at least another $81.5m in league-wide collective cap space becoming available.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad