Proposal: Nylander trade ideas

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
I'd pass on Huber.
He's 27 and his contract is coming up sooner.
Hubes signed his contract in 2016 before he broke out in the 2018-2019.
So he will be looking for a big payday in a few seasons.
Don't need him.

Much rather have the younger kid who scored over 60 points at age 20 than the guy that couldn't do it until age 25.

Well context is needed for the bolded.
Huberdeau had Bjugstad as his C until Barkov had 2 years under his belt come 2015-16, they both 59pts that year when united.

Nylander had Matthews right off the hop no?

Kunta Kinte

Nov 10, 2011
It's really not laughable to say a 23 year old who had 31 goals in 68 games has the potential to hit 40

Pacioretty scored 39 goals in 73 games at 24 years old...

Never scored 40.

So its not laughable, but its unlikely that Nylander is a 40 goals scorer... Its wishful thinking.

Dache

Feb 12, 2018
Nylander's points pace by season:

Nylanders point by season in terms of ranks for RW league wide:
11th, 16th, 57th, 10th

In terms of ppg this is how Nylander ranks for right winger since he came into the NHL:
13th, 20th, 45th, 16th

Spot the outlier (hint: it'll show that you're talking out of your ass)
His shooting % was also 5% higher this year than his previous two 61 pt seasons, and yes that’s ignoring the season he started late. But, that’s just talking about him being a 40 goal scorer. I do agree that the outlier season is the half year.

Albus Dumbledore

Master of Death
Mar 28, 2015
Huberdeau had Bjugstad as his C until Barkov had 2 years under his belt come 2015-16, they both 59pts that year when united.

Kind of, he played 22 games before matthews was drafted. Then next full season he played alongside Matthew's but was bounced around up and down at times . Then 3rd season I believe was pretty much with Matthew's all year iirc. Only point of contention I have is that nylander only really played true top 6 minutes this year with 18 plus mins a game, he was in the 15-16+ range before...ouch.

violaswallet

Apr 8, 2019
I get the idea of a Huberdeau for Nylander swap but it isn’t great value for Florida (which is better than my usual feeling on this board)

Huberdeau is coming off his second 90+ point season (I’ll take his pace as achieving it) and is signed to a very affordable contract for the next 3 years, which should cover most of his prime. He has insane chemistry with Barky

Nylander has been a 60-70 point forward for a few seasons (I’ll discount his bad 2018-2019) signed for a million more for a year more. I think it is possible that Nylander improves but how much is difficult: 75 points,85, 90?

I just don’t see the value in swapping for a player currently worst but with the potential to be better when the contract is more expensive now when cap is tight and is only one more year.

Didalee Hed

I’m trying to understand
Sep 14, 2019
There is no accident about the rise of the net front Nylander. The league is legislating body contact out of the game. Obviously william has noticed this and has been emboldened. Each step the league increments body contact out of the league, little William will feel braver and braver.

Namikaze Minato

Apr 30, 2009
Beautiful B.C.
There is no accident about the rise of the net front Nylander. The league is legislating body contact out of the game. Obviously william has noticed this and has been emboldened. Each step the league increments body contact out of the league, little William will feel braver and braver.
:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

Hes the only one benefiting from your fantasy, eh?

Edit: Also you calling Nylander "little" is quite funny. I'm sure you're 185 and 90, in the shape of a professional athlete.

Halla

Jan 28, 2016
wild fan? leafs arent moving Nylander for more 3rd/4th liners lol. silliness

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
How do you explain his 0.5 ppg as a rookie before Matthews and Marner came along? Seems to me that his point totals should increase from that.

Also, our ‘35 point d‘ had 52, 72 and was on pace for 47 points as a second pp d man last year. It’s flat out ignorant, trolling or plain stupidity if you can’t see past that.

How many leaf games do you watch in a run of a year? Be honest.
A lot, they are my 2nd favorite team.... rielly is always underwhelming tho

The90

Feb 27, 2017

His second year. And didn’t get first pp time until last year.

he was 0.5ppg before Matthews came along

The90

Feb 27, 2017
.....zing

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Yeah, nah.

Not buying it.
Do you not watch the leafs? Doesn’t seem like it.
You are prob one of those fans that blames Freddie instead of shitty defenders like rielly

Dubas is just building a feeder fish to the big sharks like Tampa columbus islanders hurricanes and Boston, soon rangers

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
Kind of, he played 22 games before matthews was drafted. Then next full season he played alongside Matthew's but was bounced around up and down at times . Then 3rd season I believe was pretty much with Matthew's all year iirc. Only point of contention I have is that nylander only really played true top 6 minutes this year with 18 plus mins a game, he was in the 15-16+ range before...ouch.

His second year. And didn’t get first pp time until last year.

he was 0.5ppg before Matthews came along

My point is he played like 48% and 55% of the time with Matthews his first full two years. His down year was the first time he wasnt mainly with Matthews.

They're both great players but likely benefit from their #1Cs
Nylander has had a greater start to his career but he may limited by Marner now and not touch 90pts.
Huberdeau has been over a PPG the last 4 years

The90

Feb 27, 2017
Do you not watch the leafs? Doesn’t seem like it.
You are prob one of those fans that blames Freddie instead of shitty defenders like rielly

Dubas is just building a feeder fish to the big sharks like Tampa columbus islanders hurricanes and Boston, soon rangers
Nah. Not biting on the troll attempt. No ones is that stupid. Nice try.

The Podium

Feb 19, 2010
Toronto
A lot, they are my 2nd favorite team.... rielly is always underwhelming tho

Rielly had a terrible year but a strong playoffs. He was playing through an injury all season which explains his poor play. But that 3 month break really helped him recover because he came back and looked like the same 2018-2019 Rielly.

Reactions: bert

The90

Feb 27, 2017
My point is he played like 48% and 55% of the time with Matthews his first full two years. His down year was the first time he wasnt mainly with Matthews.

They're both great players but likely benefit from their #1Cs
Nylander has had a greater start to his career but he may limited by Marner now and not touch 90pts.
Huberdeau has been over a PPG the last 4 years
Oh they’re not on the same level without centres nylander just isn’t as good. I was just saying that he was .5ppg as a rookie so the centre didn’t boost his stats much

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
He was literally just playing centre in the playoffs
And did absolutely nothing once they moved him there.

Do you usually play 92 games during regular season in Toronto?
Lol was going to post the same thing.

Talented player but maybe the most overated in the NHL if you listen to the way the leafs talk about him then watch the games.

Last edited:

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
Oh they’re not on the same level without centres nylander just isn’t as good. I was just saying that he was .5ppg as a rookie so the centre didn’t boost his stats much

Surprisingly though, Nylander had probably his best year by most TOR fans and was only with Matthews 34.3% of the time and 18.7% with Tavares

13 ESP (31%) with Matthews and AJ
7 ESP (16.7%) with Tavares and Kerfoot

Doing quick math, he was just as productive with and without Matthews in terms of TOI/Pts % this year.

Nylander may not touch 90, we may never know with Marner there but 80ish pts doesn't seem impossible.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad