Proposal: Nylander trade ideas

Didalee Hed

I’m trying to understand
Sep 14, 2019
Rielly >> Lindholm bud get over it it.

Rielly "shitty defender" lmao thats gold.
70C01345-EA05-4683-AD2A-7883FD964BF4.gif

The90

Feb 27, 2017
Surprisingly though, Nylander had probably his best year by most TOR fans and was only with Matthews 34.3% of the time and 18.7% with Tavares

13 ESP (31%) with Matthews and AJ
7 ESP (16.7%) with Tavares and Kerfoot

Doing quick math, he was just as productive with and without Matthews in terms of TOI/Pts % this year.

Nylander may not touch 90, we may never know with Marner there but 80ish pts doesn't seem impossible.
Agreed. He’s much better than he’s given credit for around here.

Dache

Feb 12, 2018
Go take a look at Nylander's goal and shot heat map this year compared to past years and you will see why his shooting percentage is up. Can find them on Icy data (IcyData » William Nylander Stats)
No I get that, he’s shopping from closer to the net etc. And I can understand an increase in shooting percentage, but a 50% increase is substantial and should be expected to come down to 12-13% which will still give him 30ish goals over a full season. But to expect a 50% jump in shooting percentage to stay, or even increase as some posters here are saying is unrealistic.

MagicalRazor

Oct 25, 2016
This isn't an Alex thread / Closed are most affordable winger who has 80+ Point 40 goals potential isn't getting traded on 6.9M cap with flat cap for the next 2 years not happening

close this garbage man.

Ziggdiezan

Apr 10, 2015
No I get that, he’s shopping from closer to the net etc. And I can understand an increase in shooting percentage, but a 50% increase is substantial and should be expected to come down to 12-13% which will still give him 30ish goals over a full season. But to expect a 50% jump in shooting percentage to stay, or even increase as some posters here are saying is unrealistic.
I think people are saying 40 goals is reasonably within his potential considering what he has done so far. Not that it is a guarantee or anything but certainly he has a decent chance to put up a 40 goal pace at some point over the next few seasons.

Dache

Feb 12, 2018
I think people are saying 40 goals is reasonably within his potential considering what he has done so far. Not that it is a guarantee or anything but certainly he has a decent chance to put up a 40 goal pace at some point over the next few seasons.
Well there are lots of players that at some point may have the potential to maybe get 40, but in this thread there are many comments that imply since he went from 22 to 31 (37 pace) that this tread will continue and while it may, I think it’s unrealistic to talk about it so confidently. Very similar to when Rielly got 72 points. Most of these same posters were talking about how either this is the new norm, or better yet how he could improve on that, when in reality it’s probably a bit of an outlier season where a lot of things, (including shooting percentage) happened to line up and work out.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad