Nylander OR Ehlers

Who is the better player (excluding contracts)?

• Total voters

DudeWhereIsMakar

Bergevin sent me an offer sheet
Apr 25, 2014
Winnipeg
I prefer Ehlers because he is much better defensively, but also plays offensively very well. But he has a much harder shot that Nylander's.

Nylander has a style that's entirely based on offence, but I say his offensive game is better than Ehlers and is more dynamic. Nylander is a much better playmaker though.

Reactions: snowkiddin

Blueboy

Apr 15, 2019
lmao, what a trip

all that effort telling Leafs fans "but TOI and PP time doesn't matter" in all the other polls and now I'm reading that it's not a fair comparison because the other player isn't getting enough PP time. Classic.
This is it

Dache

Feb 12, 2018
lmao, what a trip

all that effort telling Leafs fans "but TOI and PP time doesn't matter" in all the other polls and now I'm reading that it's not a fair comparison because the other player isn't getting enough PP time. Classic.

I know right! Crazy seeing certain leafs fans now act like a difference in usage and power play time doesn’t matter when in other threads involving their player it did. Glad we both see the same thing

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
The stats alone say it's Nylander.

Nylander: 21 Goals, 21 Assists for 42 points in 48 games played.

Ehlers: 18 Goals, 19 Assists for 37 points in 47 games played.
More to hockey than just looking at stats especially with these two players as neither brings much of anything outside of scoring and both are not playoff players. So for one poll its actually the best way to evaluate who to vote for a very unique poll actually. I cant believe it but i actually voted Nylander because he distributes the puck and uses his teammates better.

OKR

Nov 18, 2015
Nylander imo, but it’s close

Nylander’s strengths just get more out of teammates than Ehlers.

Dion TheFluff

Jun 22, 2015
give me Nylander this year but its essentially TCTC as it has been pretty every year so far for these 2 players

BlueBaron

May 29, 2006
Sarnia, On
Normally I would vote them the same but this seems to be a breakout year for Willy. If Ehlers does not take a similar step forward soon he might get left behind. Conversely this could be a fluke year for Willy and next year they will be the same again. So IMO in general it's still basically a tie but Willy is having a better year.

Reactions: WetcoastOrca

LeafsNation75

Jan 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Normally I would vote them the same but this seems to be a breakout year for Willy. If Ehlers does not take a similar step forward soon he might get left behind. Conversely this could be a fluke year for Willy and next year they will be the same again. So IMO in general it's still basically a tie but Willy is having a better year.
Since Nylander has already matched his career high with 22 goals, I don't think this season is a fluke for him. When he previously got 22 goals in 2017 that was in 81 games played and he's at that number with 49 games played.

BlueBaron

May 29, 2006
Sarnia, On
Since Nylander has already matched his career high with 22 goals, I don't think this season is a fluke for him. When he previously got 22 goals in 2017 that was in 81 games played and he's at that number with 49 games played.
Well I think he's breaking out to but I would rather wait and see before making bold proclamations.

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto
I thought we finally deaded these Winnipeg/Toronto debates with Trouba moving on.

Flip a coin. It is not deceicive one way or the other.

Deebs

There's no easy way out
Feb 5, 2014
In terms of being an all around player giving your team the best opportunity at winning...I vote Ehlers

Reactions: hn777

nofehr

Dec 17, 2012
I'm a huge Nylander fan (most games :/ ) but I think it's too close to call, as seems to have been the case their whole careers. Ehlers seems to have ramped up his intensity quite a bit this year (maybe someone who has watch more Jets games can confirm or deny?) and that style of play seems to suit him well. Would like to see some of that from Ny as well.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad