Line Combos: Nylander > Kadri at Center

Walshy7

Sep 18, 2016
Toronto
Not sure how Marincin escapes primary blame. He was just horrible last night. Where he was going on the one goal...I still haven't figured out.

he may escape blame because he is shit and played like shit.

RLF

May 5, 2014
the thing is, he was 100% left out dry no arguments here. But his movements were/are just horrendous he gives no one any confidence at all he is going to stop the puck or if he does stop it he wont just kick it straight into the slot.

The 2nd goal last night (I think it was 2nd) he way overplayed a 2 on 1, so far overplayed he had no chance of even getting close for one of those highlight reel saves you sometimes see. He was outside the bluepaint so quickly it became a tap in instead of a forced quick shot. Now likely they still score but he overplays the puck ALOT of the time

Sadly...he has improved that part of his game over the past couple of years and is still what you see now. He is way too active and reactionary in the net.

RLF

May 5, 2014
he may escape blame because he is **** and played like ****.
Lol. On most nights yes, but last night to me was still surprising how he could be that lost most of the night. It was another level of bad I wasn't sure he could reach. I should have had more faith in him to be worse.:naughty:

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
Comparing 3rd line centres on respective teams having played at least 20 games.

Nazem Kadri
CF/60: 66.64(5th)
CA/60: 58.8(6th)
CF%: 53.13(4th)

SCF/60: 32.06(9th)
SCA/60: 27.2(6th)

HDCF/60: 12.7(8th)
HDCA/60: 11.6(12th)

William Nylander
CF/60: 71.75(1st)
CA/60: 57.48(5th)
CF%: 55.52(1st)

SCF/60: 35.81(3rd)
SCA/60: 27.75(7th)

HDCF/60: 12.95(5th)
HDCA/60: 11.63(14th)

Tyler Bozak
CF/60: 54.58(10th)
CA/60: 55.32(16th)
CF%: 49.66(14th)

SCF/60: 27.01(11th)
SCA/60: 26.17(14th)

HDCF/60: 10.09(17th)
HDCA/60: 9.16(12th)
41 point pace

A 22 year old who is still getting used to the position in the NHL, is completely outplaying Bozak in most metrics. Bozak isnt providing offense and is as bad defensively as he has ever been. He doesn't play defence or even spell it.
You wonder if the Blues want a do over on the contract.

Budsfan

Sep 17, 2006
I am not sure what you are talking about. How does a line penalty kill? and Nylander, Matthews, Tavares...don't kill penalties.

Kadri is not a 200 ft player and is a terrible back checker he's a one trick pony, he stands in the slot and waits for a pass from his wingers, so he can take a shot on net and that is the reason, he is the center on the PP, while Matthews is shifted to the wing, it's because he can't play on the wing, there used to be a lot of Kadri supporters that were forever wanting his wingers changed because he wasn't doing so well, that's settled down because Nylander and one of Johnsson or Marleau plays on the Left side, two great wingers.

Ask yourself why Kadri never is used on the wing, also ask yourself what is the purpose of the 3rd line, to stack it so Kadri can score and not play on the PK.

Stringer Bell

Dec 16, 2009
I'll be honest. The couple times at the beginning of the year when they shifted Kadri up on Matthews' left wing to get him some minutes...he looked great. I loved it. He would be a great forechecking winger on that line.

RLF

May 5, 2014
Kadri is not a 200 ft player and is a terrible back checker he's a one trick pony, he stands in the slot and waits for a pass from his wingers, so he can take a shot on net and that is the reason, he is the center on the PP, while Matthews is shifted to the wing, it's because he can't play on the wing, there used to be a lot of Kadri supporters that were forever wanting his wingers changed because he wasn't doing so well, that's settled down because Nylander and one of Johnsson or Marleau plays on the Left side, two great wingers.

Ask yourself why Kadri never is used on the wing.

OoooooK. But how does this explain you saying Nylander kills penalties and Kadri doesn't and the stuff about PK with the Tavares, Matthews lines and now Gauthier line doing some? What does that have to do with the PK?

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017

Ask yourself why Kadri never is used on the wing.
Wrong as usual. Saying the same thing twice doesn't make it true.

Kadri is a 200 ft player and is a solid back checker he's a player that offers many elements, he is in the slot and waits for a pass from his wingers, and passes it back , so a plan can be set up and that is the reason, he is the center on the PP, while Matthews is shifted to the wing, it's because he can't play on the wing, there used to be a lot of Kadri haters that were forever wanting to blame Kadri wingers because his wingers weren't doing so well(deflecting blame from their favorite player Bozak, it's all Kessel's fault), that's settled down because Kadri turned into a solid player, and can play with any type of wingers.

Ask yourself why Kadri is a great centre, and can play the wing as well.

Reactions: Sweet Leaf

Budsfan

Sep 17, 2006
OoooooK. But how does this explain you saying Nylander kills penalties and Kadri doesn't and the stuff about PK with the Tavares, Matthews lines and now Gauthier line doing some? What does that have to do with the PK?

Because Nylander does play on the PK, at least but not all the time, Kadri never plays on the PK

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
I'll be honest. The couple times at the beginning of the year when they shifted Kadri up on Matthews' left wing to get him some minutes...he looked great. I loved it. He would be a great forechecking winger on that line.
The whole Kadri is a one trick pony, and can't play the wing is a made up narrative.
People can't take he is a good player.

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
Nylander plays an average of 3 seconds on the PK. That doesn't sound like being on the PK to me.

Budsfan

Sep 17, 2006
Wrong as usual. Saying the same thing twice doesn't make it true.

Kadri is a 200 ft player and is a solid back checker he's a player that offers many elements, he is in the slot and waits for a pass from his wingers, and passes it back , so a plan can be set up and that is the reason, he is the center on the PP, while Matthews is shifted to the wing, it's because he can't play on the wing, there used to be a lot of Kadri haters that were forever wanting to blame Kadri wingers because his wingers weren't doing so well(deflecting blame from their favorite player Bozak, it's all Kessel's fault), that's settled down because Kadri turned into a solid player, and can play with any type of wingers.

Ask yourself why Kadri is a great centre, and can play the wing as well.

Kadri doesn't play a 200 ft game, the KFC has been saying he's too slow and many times he's standing at the other teams blue line waiting for a stretch pass and rarely scores on one.

Notsince67

Papi and the Lamplighters
Apr 27, 2018
Not sure how Marincin escapes primary blame. He was just horrible last night. Where he was going on the one goal...I still haven't figured out.
The only blame to assign there is management. We already know what he is about. Would have preferred Sandin or Lil for a split rotation for the rest of the season

RLF

May 5, 2014
Kadri doesn't play a 200 ft game, the KFC has been saying he's too slow and many times he's standing at the other teams blue line waiting for a stretch pass and rarely scores on one.

Colonel Sanders is now analyzing hockey? Is he the one that has Nylander killing penalties too?;)

Reactions: Koolboss and dsred

Budsfan

Sep 17, 2006
In any case he will likely be traded this off season and his cap hit will be used to help sign Johnsson, Kapanen and Marner.

Goodbye KFC!!!!!!

RLF

May 5, 2014
The only blame to assign there is management. We already know what he is about. Would have preferred Sandin or Lil for a split rotation for the rest of the season

I was surprised he was called back up...but I thought he was even worse than normal. No way to even get a read on Holl when Marincin is just lost out there.

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
Yes he does. Don't be so immature and resort to name calling, unless it's a tactic to show you lost the argument?
Anyways, the KHC has stated Kadri is an important part of the team, and brings an edge that is missing on the team.

Reactions: Notsince67

Budsfan

Sep 17, 2006
Colonel Sanders is now analyzing hockey? Is he the one that has Nylander killing penalties too?;)

Well lets just say I could probably get suspended for any other reference, so in all deference to Col. Sanders it does say it all.

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
He will likely be traded for cap purposes. It's not because of false reasons like "Kadri is a one trick pony, and the wingers get blamed"

The KHC should go along with him. It will be a nice to see people not cheer against a player. He must be the only player to go through that.

Trapper

Nov 21, 2013
You can’t keep everyone is a salary cap world.
And you can’t be cap poor for other positions.

MyBudJT

Mar 5, 2018
He will likely be traded for cap purposes. It's not because of false reasons like "Kadri is a one trick pony, and the wingers get blamed"

The KHC should go along with him. It will be a nice to see people not cheer against a player.

Kadri is on a really good contract though. If they're moving a forward for cap reasons, it'll be Kapanen, Johnsson, Brown and/or Nylander.

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
Kadri is on a really good contract though. If they're moving a forward for cap reasons, it'll be Kapanen, Johnsson, Brown and/or Nylander.
Possibly, but if Nylander shows he can handle C, Kadri becomes expendable.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad