Line Combos: Nylander > Kadri at Center

Trapper

Nov 21, 2013
well,,,,, this post did not age well

our 3 skilled lines got curb stomped last night,,,,,,, by men playing playoff style hockey
I seriously doubt switching Nylander to Matthews wing and inserting Kadri/Marleau/Brown would have prevented the stomping.

I saw an Islander team that would not stop for anything. That’s the mentality we need.

Reactions: RLF

Walshy7

Sep 18, 2016
Toronto
Unpopular opinion
Nylander is a better defensive player then Kadri.

closer than a lot believe but he isn't better, not yet anyway. Kadri is very good defensively gotta give him credit there. When Nylander is 25/26 id say he will be better defensively than kadri has or will be

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
If Kadri is better than Nylander on defence, why does Nylander play on the PK and Kadri doesn't
Did you even read my post?
I said Nylander is better defensively then Kadri.
Also PK is less about defense, and more about quickness and reacting.
Nylander and Kadri don't play on the PK.

Notsince67

Papi and the Lamplighters
Apr 27, 2018
Our men that played 6 times in 13 days, twice in 2 nights, with our backup in net got outplayed for a period and a half.
Buffalo and Edmonton wasn't hard work.. There are no excuses for losing a game because of soft goals

Notsince67

Apr 27, 2018
Nylander has taken his turn but it is mostly Matthews Line or Tavares Line however recently Gauthier's Line has also played there but Kadri never plays the PK or back checks for that matter.
Nylander has played 1 minute on the PK this year
edited

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
Nylander has taken his turn but it is mostly Matthews Line or Tavares Line however recently Gauthier's Line has also played there but Kadri never plays the PK or back checks for that matter.
Ignored my post because were proven wrong?
Bozak never back checks actually.

Reactions: Tracer Bullet

RLF

May 5, 2014

I am not sure what you are talking about. How does a line penalty kill? and Nylander, Matthews, Tavares...don't kill penalties.

Walshy7

Sep 18, 2016
Toronto
I am not sure what you are talking about. How does a line penalty kill? and Nylander, Matthews, Tavares...don't kill penalties.

could he possibly mean as matchup lines? but I don't think nylander has been used against top lines and nor should he

RLF

May 5, 2014
could he possibly mean as matchup lines? but I don't think nylander has been used against top lines and nor should he
??? Not sure where he was going with that. Kadri was our match up line last year and he said Kadri never played it...so...I am completely lost.lol

Notsince67

Apr 27, 2018
i'm sorry my friend but you've got that kind of backwards.

I never said sparks was great, nevertheless you can't blame him for that loss.
I primarily blame him, Matthews, Rielly, Muzzin, and Kapanen from what I saw.
He does carry blame

RLF

May 5, 2014
He does carry blame

Not sure how Marincin escapes primary blame. He was just horrible last night. Where he was going on the one goal...I still haven't figured out.

Walshy7

Sep 18, 2016
Toronto
He does carry blame

the thing is, he was 100% left out dry no arguments here. But his movements were/are just horrendous he gives no one any confidence at all he is going to stop the puck or if he does stop it he wont just kick it straight into the slot.

The 2nd goal last night (I think it was 2nd) he way overplayed a 2 on 1, so far overplayed he had no chance of even getting close for one of those highlight reel saves you sometimes see. He was outside the bluepaint so quickly it became a tap in instead of a forced quick shot. Now likely they still score but he overplays the puck ALOT of the time

Reactions: Notsince67

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad