Line Combos: Nylander > Kadri at Center

Trapper

Nov 21, 2013
Thats alright.
I'm just pointing out Nylander is a very good player, and if you had to pick one of them, you go with the younger asset
It might come down to that.
You can’t have your cake and eat it too.
If you commit to a 4 score up front, it’s going to impact keeping Kadri/Johnsson/Kapanen.
If you’ve made your choices in Nylander and then Marner, something has to give.

As I’ve said once we signed JT and Matthews we should have made a decision on Nylander/Marner. Keep one or the other. You still need to afford to put D and Johnsson/Kapanen/Kadri level (or better) players around.

The playoffs will be a big test on where we spend the money.

Reactions: New Liskeard

New Liskeard

Jul 7, 2007
Thats alright.
I'm just pointing out Nylander is a very good player, and if you had to pick one of them, you go with the younger asset

Not if the younger asset has a higher cap hit and is not producing relative to his contract. Cap hit is going to be one of the major contributors as to who stays and goes. Having a team, with little to no cap room and a player having nearly a 7 mil cap and not producing to that level is a liability when players like Kap and Johnsson need to be signed as well as improving the D.

ZEBROA

Dec 21, 2017
I think the best wingers on Marlies would do a better job with Nylander as C then the current ones. Timashov-Nylander-Bracco . I belive Timashov and Nylander will have great chemestry.

Ulysses31

Oct 7, 2015
What's a computer?
i wouldnt be suprised to see

AJ Matthews Kap
Hyman JT Marner
Marleau Nylander Brown
Moore Kadri Ennis

come playoffs. with kadri taking some random wing shifts on top 3 lines.

just such a murderous row of Cs

2 1cs (tavares, matthews and 2 2cs(Nyalnder, Kadri) with -3rd line caliber 4th line wingers- (ennis and moore) to boot.

Last edited:

meefer

Jun 9, 2015
Bangkok
Moore, Matthews, Nylander
Hyman, Tavares, Marner
Johnsson, Kadri, Kapanen
Marleau/Petan, Gauthier, Ennis/Brown

A big ask for Moore, to be sure, but I'd love to see him get the chance...skate, hustle, back check, chippy Hyman lite.

Last edited:

Sweet Leaf

Jun 24, 2013
Toronto
We need Kadri back at center. Kadri/Nylander or Kadri/Kap should represent a 3rd line that can be a big match up problem. Right now our 3rd line without Kadri isn't working very well.

Reactions: Koolboss

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->