Nylander/Jokiharju Trade Talk 2

BobbyJet

I am Canadian
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
He wasn’t good last night. Colliton cut his minutes then he was partly responsible for the game winning goal. He wasn’t doing anything to help on D and lost Goodrow wide open in front.

Nylander’s got to earn it. Handing him minutes isn’t going to help him grow as a player.

If you’re just trolling, that’s fine, just don’t want people to be misinformed about what happened last night.

A classic case of puck watching. It's contagious.

Reactions: ColdSteel2

ZEBROA

Dec 21, 2017
he hasn't been kicked off...our coach is trying to spread out the lines and that means guys like Shaw and Caggiula are probably going to start getting more ice time at Nylander's expense. Nylander is still a work in progress, he is owed nothing here and has to earn it..but he also is going to get punished if our star players do not perform simply due to association and the fact that he doesn't offer much away from the puck. Hawks need to be more aggressive, crashing the net, etc...not necessarily Nylander's game. Once these guys get going again Nylander will get right back in as he provides offensive skill and creativity lacking on the wings. I don't think any of us assumed Nylander was going to be in the lineup each and every game out the gate - he has looked good and not so good, all expected IMO so far..
Ok it felt unusual to kick a player to the bench this early. If its in a premade plan, its still strange but ok. Demote to forth line or third i understand , then u still give the option to fight for a better spot.

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
Ok it felt unusual to kick a player to the bench this early. If its in a premade plan, its still strange but ok. Demote to forth line or third i understand , then u still give the option to fight for a better spot.
my point was Nylander can't play a bottom 6 role to any effectiveness...so if the top 6 isn't working he likely will be the first guy rotated out due to him not being as diverse as some other players/capable of playing bottom 6...he is a boom or bust type player, and hopefully he booms here. I don't even think he is being singled out honestly, he has his issues no doubt but Hawks lost 2 games and we need to see what works early on..can't just ice the same lineup if things aren't working right away.

Reactions: bwana63 and d rake

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
He wasn’t good last night. Colliton cut his minutes then he was partly responsible for the game winning goal. He wasn’t doing anything to help on D and lost Goodrow wide open in front.

Nylander’s got to earn it. Handing him minutes isn’t going to help him grow as a player.

If you’re just trolling, that’s fine, just don’t want people to be misinformed about what happened last night.

That goal is on Kampf not Nylander...

GumbyCan2

Jul 7, 2019
Warm & Sunny
People seemed happy enough with him through the preseason and when he scored in game 1. Now he is trash already?
Yes ole " what have you done lately" syndrome. I guess cause he doesnt have 5+ goals or hasn't beat somebody up every game, he is not worth the price to get him? What did Jokerjarvi do as a Black Hawk? Give Nylander a chance toget his confidence And find his "pro-game" and I believd Hawks are lucky to have him but...He has to find his gameandpropel his confidence himself! He has to take advantage of his icetime opportunity, now though, or his window will close again.

Muffinalt

Mar 1, 2016
Hungary
Lol. Nylander getting blamed for something not his fault. Typical HF Hawks. It always blows me away how many people really have no idea what they're watching. :help:

We had this convo already but after rewatching the game again it's clear that when our center and other wing forechecks the third wing is hanging back and assuming the defacto center duties by being in the middle. Kampf and 4K are also to blame there because they both make individual bad reads bet Nylander is clearly the middle guy there coz Saad and Kampf are stuck on the wing (they should've switched by then ideally but that's on all of them).

So yes Kampf and 4K should get blame but to absolve Nylander of any is wrong. He doesn't tie up anyone and allows a guy to go to the middle in front of the net without any resistance. Puck watching is pretty spot on here.

But sure 'typical HF Hawks'. We are all just haters who wrongly for no reason shit on a guy. It's not like we are looking at context at all and seeing mistakes by multiple guys.

And for the record it's an example of the thing literally everyone from Bufallo to JC keeps saying Nylander should work on. He needs to be more actively involved in the game away from the puck, not just standing in his position watching, but seeing what is happening, adjusting and forcing battles - being at least somewhat impactful.

BobbyJet

I am Canadian
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
And for the record it's an example of the thing literally everyone from Bufallo to JC keeps saying Nylander should work on. He needs to be more actively involved in the game away from the puck, not just standing in his position watching, but seeing what is happening, adjusting and forcing battles - being at least somewhat impactful.

It was difficult to watch actually. Just how unaware can an NHL player be? Sorry to say but after seeing Nylander stand around watching the puck like that it makes one wonder if he'll ever get it.

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
Lol. I just can't anymore.

4k does what no D should ever do, and chases behind the net while his D partner is in the corner. Then the supposed defensive stalwart, Kampf, is all disconnected controlled in the slot just standing around instead of covering for 4k, when it's his man who scores. But the real problem on that play is Nylander, who was actually the only one on his line in the proper position. This is scapegoating to fit a narrative. Ridiculous.

To be clear, I'm not completely absolving Nylander on the play, but that goal is 85% on the other two guys. As I've been saying since it happened.

Last edited:
Reactions: Geoist

BobbyJet

I am Canadian
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
Lol. I just can't anymore.

4k does what no D should ever do, and chases behind the net while his D partner is in the corner. Then the supposed defensive stalwart, Kampf, is all disconnected controlled in the slot just standing around instead of covering for 4k, when it's his man who scores. But the real problem on that play is Nylander, who was actually the only one on his line in the proper position. This is scapegoating to fit a narrative. Ridiculous.

To be clear, I'm not completely absolving Nylander on the play, but that goal is 85% on the other two guys. As I've been saying since it happened.

Have you ever played the game? Seriously? Not defending our Keystone Cops defence by any means but when Nylander sees the scramble going on he needs to find the most dangerous ops player near the blue paint and tie him up as best he can. That is hockey 101 that is taught in peewee.

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
Lol. Nylander getting blamed for something not his fault. Typical HF Hawks. It always blows me away how many people really have no idea what they're watching. :help:
What exactly is he doing right there? He looks like he is puck watching, and not trying to find an opposing player to cover. The Dman doesn't need help, he has his man covered, and if Nylander took the other guy the Shark player isn't wide open for that pass.

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
Have you ever played the game? Seriously? Not defending our Keystone Cops defence by any means but when Nylander sees the scramble going on he needs to find the most dangerous ops player near the blue paint and tie him up as best he can. That is hockey 101 that is taught in peewee.

Yeah... my entire life. :laugh:

As I said, I'm not absolving him. He needed to do more on that play, but he was far from the major issue on that play. Anyone trying to put blame on him for that goal, though, definitely hasn't ever played the game.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad