Nylander/Jokiharju Trade Talk 2

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
Bold: This is no where close accurate. There is a lot of logic there. Please show where logic was not used (minus Musto when he goes Musto). You are the one who rarely uses logic and just spouts gibberish. This is another example.

Schmatlz was coming off of a great college season in which they won a nation championship and was a huge contributor. He was a highly regarded prospect who was also a 1st round pick. With that being said, TT was coming off a decent season and a good playoff. It was pretty well reported that the Cane demanded TT in order to take Bickell. This is not some wild rumor like you claim it is. You also have zero proof that there were other deals to be made. You literally have never provide a single piece of proof backing up your "theory". To the shock of no one, you can't cite or showcase anything backing up your claim.

The last part is just gibberish.

You're a bigger person than I. I wasn't even gonna give that trash the benefit of a post. As it is, it's 10 seconds of my life I'll never get back because I read it, and that's bad enough. :laugh:

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
You're a bigger person than I. I wasn't even gonna give that trash the benefit of a post. As it is, it's 10 seconds of my life I'll never get back, and that's bad enough. :laugh:

Meh. It is 10 seconds and I am just sitting here on a conference call.

Just wait till I am on a 13 hour flight Thursday....

Reactions: ChiHawks10

bwana63

carter blanche
Jul 11, 2014
Chi western burbs
2. Buffalo wasn't willing to part with Nylander for Mitchell. It takes two to tango, and if they weren't interested in Mitchell, then Bowman would've had to have parted ways with something they did want, which'd be Joki.

This. There's no way Mitchell fetches Nylander (unless Buffalo's GM is Musto). If the Hawks preferred Mitchell, all the better.

Reactions: KennyWharramPeace

Blackhawks

Jul 25, 2007
I do also recall that Canes asked for TT. Maybe one could make the argument that the Hawks should've tried waiting for another team to make a less ridiculous counter offer, but it was true that at that time, Canes would only do it for Teravainen.

I do think you are wrong, however, about the last part being gibberish. The first paragraph of his post consisted of the word "gavevforfitted", which is so much gibberish it'd make Fiddy and the current President envious. So if anything, all of it was gibberish.

It was “have forfeited”

plasmonresonance

Jul 28, 2015
There's also the possibility that Nylander wasn't Bowman first choice, but the best he could back for Joki. I mean, he could have told 28 teams that Joki is on the block and that he's looking to get a young forward in return. Maybe he got offers from 5 other teams that he rejected and opted for Nylander. Regardless of who the Hawks got back for Joki, we'd have heard the normal p.r. rhetoric of "We liked this guy at the draft." Lots of possibilities, maybes and unknowns but I do think it was Bowman's choice to move Joki over the other defensemen.

ChiHawk21

Jan 15, 2011
buffalo says joki is playing good the first 4 games. They think risto will still be traded and looking then to pair him with Mccabe for a shutdown pairing.

JaegerDice

The mark of my dignity shall scar thy DNA
Dec 26, 2014
buffalo says joki is playing good the first 4 games. They think risto will still be traded and looking then to pair him with Mccabe for a shutdown pairing.

His underlying numbers have been very good.

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
last game he looked good, the other 3 games he was meh...he is getting 16-17 minutes a game, they are using gloves with him but there obviously is talent here and hopefully is in the right team to make it happen..but they have a few guys hurt right now, not sure he stays up when they return unless they do make a move.

ChiHawk21

Jan 15, 2011
last game he looked good, the other 3 games he was meh...he is getting 16-17 minutes a game, they are using gloves with him but there obviously is talent here and hopefully is in the right team to make it happen..but they have a few guys hurt right now, not sure he stays up when they return unless they do make a move.
yup numbers game with him right now as they have a lot of rh nhl caliber d men

Moskau

Jun 30, 2004
WNY
I feel the same. You can see the talent with Nylander, but he is missing something.
A heart.

A lot of Sabres and Amerks fans could see it early on. He plays like someone who learned a relative died 5 minutes before the game. I watched most of his AHL games and I think he probably showed more emotion when his teammates scored than when he did.

He's going to put points up, even in the NHL, even with his lackluster AHL career. He's a very smart player with a lot of talent and he's going to be a lock for 40 points a season. But I think he will always leave you wanting more.

ZEBROA

Dec 21, 2017
Hmm one bad game and kicked of the team. Is the same metod used for all players having bad games?

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
Hmm one bad game and kicked of the team. Is the same metod used for all players having bad games?
he hasn't been kicked off...our coach is trying to spread out the lines and that means guys like Shaw and Caggiula are probably going to start getting more ice time at Nylander's expense. Nylander is still a work in progress, he is owed nothing here and has to earn it..but he also is going to get punished if our star players do not perform simply due to association and the fact that he doesn't offer much away from the puck. Hawks need to be more aggressive, crashing the net, etc...not necessarily Nylander's game. Once these guys get going again Nylander will get right back in as he provides offensive skill and creativity lacking on the wings. I don't think any of us assumed Nylander was going to be in the lineup each and every game out the gate - he has looked good and not so good, all expected IMO so far..

ColdSteel2

Aug 27, 2010
Too bad Jokiharju couldn’t have pulled Olofsson instead. He looks like a 2 way beast, picked in the 7th round as well. Maybe Bowman asked and they said no.

Reactions: Muffinalt

ColdSteel2

Aug 27, 2010
Dont understand Nylander getting scratched. There were worse forwards than him out there.

He wasn’t good last night. Colliton cut his minutes then he was partly responsible for the game winning goal. He wasn’t doing anything to help on D and lost Goodrow wide open in front.

Nylander’s got to earn it. Handing him minutes isn’t going to help him grow as a player.

If you’re just trolling, that’s fine, just don’t want people to be misinformed about what happened last night.

Reactions: x Tame Impala

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad