Speculation: Nylander contract talk Part II - (All Nylander talk here)

Status
Not open for further replies.

lifelonghockeyfan

Dec 18, 2015
Lake Huron
Well we still have a **** corporation (rogers) who owns us...but at least they've finally stopped pretending like they know how to run a hockey team and put full control into Shannahan.

I'm glad MLS which is owned equally both Rogers and Bell plus some by Tennabaum finally got a good hockey man in Shanahan. Years ago whoever were the owners left the club in total incompetents control...Ferguson, Burke, Nonis.. I'm not sure the previous owners pretended to know how to run a team, but those three GMs sure fooled the owners in thinking they knew how to run a team.

Reactions: Drytoast

Faltorvo

Feb 18, 2008
If bridge deals were some unusual aberration I'd agree, rather then the very common thing they are in the NHL.

oh,, i disagree

Dubas needs to set the franchises "tone"

He just pulled off a massive coup by landing JT to a reasonable contract.

Me willi have no leverage, there is literally no need/reason for dubas to back off his 6m x 7y offer,, it is fair and reasonable and don't "need" willi to have a good season, to have fun. But we "need" this franchise to not be seen as a easy touch either.

This is the most anticipated season for the leafs in decades and if me willi can either watch from home and not earn or ink a fair deal.

Liferleafer

TSN Scrum Lurker
Feb 9, 2011

X66

114-110
Aug 18, 2008
Good for Nylander, take as long as you need to figure out a contract.

Hockey is a dangerous sport, one wrong play and it can all be over, he(along with other young stars) should take as much as they can when they have the opportunity.

McClelland

Aug 2, 2011
Bergen
"It is Toronto that applies, I look forward to playing there for a season more," says William Nylander when the Hockey magazine meets him in Stockholm on Wednesday afternoon.

Seems confident that they will sort it out! Borje hasnt called yet!:huh:. Both w.n and his father said that his agent do all the negotiations, and that he do a great work!

Perhaps a 1 year bridge and a race for best contract possible for the young 3!

inthe6ix

Oct 3, 2008
Toronto, Canada
Dubas is in the driver's seat here; hopefully he doesn't cave, because we should be prepared to let WN sit all season if he won't budge on his unreasonable demand for 8M AAV (if true).

Reactions: Faltorvo

X66

114-110
Aug 18, 2008
Another thing that I never got about HFboards is why people are comparing the salary that Ehlers/Pasta etc signed for.

The raw number isn't important, the cap-hit percentage is important for the comparison.

bmoc

Sep 2, 2010
Ana
W Nylander

Tor
N Ritchie
M Pettersson or J Larsson
1 or 2 draft pick

What do you think?

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Ana
W Nylander

Tor
N Ritchie
M Pettersson or J Larsson
1 or 2 draft pick

What do you think?

Quantity over quality...

if they trade nylander a top4 RHD would have to be involved... we don't have any available... bad trading partners.

Faltorvo

Feb 18, 2008
Another thing that I never got about HFboards is why people are comparing the salary that Ehlers/Pasta etc signed for.

The raw number isn't important, the cap-hit percentage is important for the comparison.

you do realize that ehlers deal starts this season.

and % cap hit issue or not pasta and me willi are not even in the same conversation.

me willi can't hold pastas cup

Drytoast

Sep 27, 2017
bell/rogers have done a absolute 1000% fantastic job running this franchise

my first time ever pleased with ownership and i have been a fan since 72.

I really despise Rogers/bell for their overpriced monopoly and collusion on how much we pay for what is globally a shitty internet.

So I could be bias in my hatred for the corporation.

Reactions: dirty stanchion

Holymakinaw

May 22, 2007
Toronto
Uh.... You serious, Clark?

Larkin - 242gp, 140p
Nylander - 185gp, 135p

Not even close.

And yes.....I'm serious, Clark.

Screen Shot 2018-09-26 at 5.19.32 PM.png

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011
A little annoyed maybe, you should know better after all, not really upset.

Pushing a false narrative, several times now, in multiple threads with not an iota of evidence to support it? Right, enough.

I have empathy with Leaf fans.....you may not know I’m a secondary Leaf fan also. Matter fact I’ve been a Leaf fan longer then many on the Leaf board have been alive. So as a primarily a Jets fan I understand your frustration......Trouba.....enough said.

Are you stating I’m pushing a false narrative in multi threads? I haven’t even been posting much over last few days bc I was gone on a business trip.....so you might have the wrong poster. If that’s what your saying please tell me where, bc you won’t find many more “balanced or fair” posters then me not to mention I’m a secondary Leaf fan myself. Certainly I state options, like here, but that isn’t a false narrative that’s just one possible outcome as I stated originally. Had I stated there is friction between Nylander and team now.....that would be false.

@Liferleafer

Drytoast

Sep 27, 2017
"It is Toronto that applies, I look forward to playing there for a season more," says William Nylander when the Hockey magazine meets him in Stockholm on Wednesday afternoon.

Seems confident that they will sort it out! Borje hasnt called yet!:huh:. Both w.n and his father said that his agent do all the negotiations, and that he do a great work!

Perhaps a 1 year bridge and a race for best contract possible for the young 3!

link to that quote please.

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009
So.., who do you think Nylander will be traded for?
I mean seriously, with Taveres now in the lineup it's not like Willie will be missed. Why not take the opportunity to upgrade the defense? Trading Nylander solves a lot of problems

X66

114-110
Aug 18, 2008
you do realize that ehlers deal starts this season.

and % cap hit issue or not pasta and me willi are not even in the same conversation.

me willi can't hold pastas cup

You don’t understand how cap hit percentages are officially registered. Doesn’t matter if Ehlers deal kicks in this year, his percentage of the cap when signing the extension will reflect that of last years cap.

FerrisRox

"Wanna go, Prettyboy?"
Sep 17, 2003
Toronto, Ontario
Larkin - 242gp, 140p
Nylander - 185gp, 135p

Not even close.

And yes.....I'm serious, Clark.

View attachment 142469

So career points is how you measure the fact that Larkin hasn't done half as much as Nylander - in fact it's "not even close", despite the fact they are the same age, and last year Larkin outscored Nylander despite playing with lower quality line mates and handling the defensive responsibilities of playing center.

Sounds like you've really put some careful thought into this and have come up with a very well educated answer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad