Speculation: Nylander contract talk Part II - (All Nylander talk here)

Status
Not open for further replies.

member 290103

How is not caving into Nylander's demands of an inflated long-term contract all of the sudden "a dumb decision"?...But then again, Benning would probably give him a $12 mil Per/yr lifetime contract if the situations were reverse.

Thank god we have actual professionals running our hockey club as oppose to the clown show running yours.

No argument about what Benning would do, he'd f*** it up better than anyone. Dufas is barely better though. Any competent GM would be able to easily see that this player should be traded to shore up a putrid blue line.

Albus Dumbledore

Master of Death
Mar 28, 2015
i mean if we had to trade nylander and the team had to be the jackets maybe

Milano
Nutivaara
Gavrikov or Carlsson

prolly an over pay, but blah.

Pocket Hercules

Business in the front, party in the back.
Jun 19, 2008
York Region
No argument about what Benning would do, he'd **** it up better than anyone. Dufas is barely better though. Any competent GM would be able to easily see that this player should be traded to shore up a putrid blue line.

Any competent GM wouldn't make knee jerk reactions by trading a dollar in for two quarters like you suggesting they should do. But you would love if they did something like that, wouldn't you?

Reactions: Menzinger

Contenderorpretender

Oct 10, 2017
Screw it; I'd just as soon re-acquire the 2019 2nd-rounder from Vegas and go the offer sheet route on Nylander.

AAV of between $6,088,981 and $8,118,641 only requires a 1st, a 2nd, and a 3rd as compensation.
So I'm assuming that you would offer him 5 years? Since you're willing to go 8,118,641. And if you go the max of 7 years. That's 4 first round picks.

81Leafs50

May 14, 2010
Toronto
No argument about what Benning would do, he'd **** it up better than anyone. Dufas is barely better though. Any competent GM would be able to easily see that this player should be traded to shore up a putrid blue line.

Putrid blue line?

Leafs allowed less goals than the Pittsburgh Penguins, Tampa Bay Lightning, and Washington Capitals last year. Know you facts. A so called "putrid" dcore couldn't have gotten 105pts last year.

Reactions: Pocket Hercules

TSN Jdog

Apr 25, 2016
Starting to hate the Leafs
:leafs

Trouba, Jacob ($5,500,000) - Extended $7,000,000 x 5 years

:jets

Nylander, William ($7,500,000 x 6 years)

Jets need an elite center for Laine/Ehlers, Leafs need a top pairing defender for Reilly

Nylander can grow into the center role and Trouba can leave his attitude issues in Winnipeg

Snowman

Oct 12, 2007
Texas
If Trouba is extended he is far more valuable than Nylander. If Nylander could play center, then the values are closer, but as a winger Nylander is totally unneeded and I wouldn't take the gamble of him becoming a center. So, that would be a no from Winnipeg.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad