Speculation: Nylander Contract Discussion III

Status
Not open for further replies.

Faltorvo

Feb 18, 2008
I understand you favour Marner heavily but he can not play on both Matthews and Tavares lines, even if he's a canadian superhuman :sarcasm:

Marner on 1 line
27 g,,,,Marleau on the other

there all good.

1rst line

Hyman///Matthews///Marner

a 2nd line of

Marleau///Tavares/// Kappy

looks fantastic to me.

TheRexman

Just have fun
Jul 5, 2015
Quebec City
sort of proves they must be close to a contract, if they thought nylander was going to be out a long time or even thinking of trading him they would use a real player in that spot kapanen or brown, maybe even give bracco a shot there

Ohhhh I'd love to see that. I'm a big Bracco fan but he still has a few things to work out before he can make the jump (Strength and his defence).

kindalaidback

숨 참고 LOVE DIVE
Nov 24, 2017
NYC
Some here are having a meltdown. Not me. I'm just stating my opinion re: WN's reported contract demands and what I think he's worth.
not necessarily you. but a lot do. but i'm too lazy to mention those that are guilty of it, so i have to generalize. fans have really shown their true colors just because of some contract negotiations, and i don't know how you guys will handle next year lol

Honest question- Who is the woman in your avatar?
britney spears

Walshy7

Sep 18, 2016
Toronto
Ohhhh I'd love to see that. I'm a big Bracco fan but he still has a few things to work out before he can make the jump (Strength and his defence).

yeah for sure, but my point was they wouldnt use a guy who might be 4th liner on this team (might) if they were worried they would be playing without willy

Melo Meds

Jul 30, 2018
if your concerned about injuries and depth

i would argue we need to back up our top 4 D in that regard WAY MORE then we do when talking about wingers with offensive flare.

what top 4 D do we trade for? Thats for KD to figure out

but it should not be that hard , IF your starting dangle is a offensive winger worthy of 8m a year.

succcccchhh a premier player should garner lots of interest.

after all,,,,all we are looking for to start with is a top 4 Dman.
Thought you had the answers to everything? I’m asking the guy who’s coming across as the expert since he has posted for so many years on HF compared to me with my 6 weeks or so... I mean, how can someone know anything about hockey until they join a forum? Defense is a team effort, it doesn’t just have to just come from the guys in the back end, controlling possession can prevent a lot of that. When I look at this team I see a group that will be doing a lot of that.

You make it sound like our 22 year old “perimeter winger” has peaked and there is no more room for growth. How many 22 year olds are complete 2 way players after their sophomore season? Who said Nylander is getting 8 million? From what I’ve seen most people are saying 6-7 million max.

TheRexman

Just have fun
Jul 5, 2015
Quebec City
yeah for sure, but my point was they wouldnt use a guy who might be 4th liner on this team (might) if they were worried they would be playing without willy
Yeah sorry, I get excited when I see Bracco's name show up.

I do hope you're opinion is right regarding Nylander signing soon.

Svanstrom

Oct 26, 2013
Lund, Sweden
Marner on 1 line
27 g,,,,Marleau on the other

there all good.

1rst line

Hyman///Matthews///Marner

a 2nd line of

Marleau///Tavares/// Kappy

looks fantastic to me.
I mean I undetsand that you think Nylander is a complete dog s**t player. But my point is that I don't see a trade where we would get a defenceman that would comensate the loss of Nylander. The point is I don't want a Adam Larsson type of guy at the expense of Nylander. What team would trade their top D for a winger like Nylander? If the season has started and Nylander is still asking for way too much then there is not much we can do, but we're not there yet.

Faltorvo

Feb 18, 2008
Why would a primadonna and pretty boy who wants too much money "who you know all bout" be worth anything at all in a trade?

That is showing your true colours, and it IS about the name on the back to you....you don't want to see his on a Leafs uniform.

oh that seems to be the sentiment here,,,, that me willi is all that

i never once said me willi is all that

i was responding to someone who thinks me willi is all that

so,,,in their eyes me willi should garner a very solid return

using their metric,,,getting a solid top 4 D should be a cake walk

Confucius

There is no try, Just do
Feb 8, 2009
Toronto
Dubas preaching "We before Me" to the players to take less $$, but Willie might see that as "We (MLSE management) before Me (Nylander)".

The stronger the Leafs team as a result of players making individual sacrifices financially, means more playoff game receipts the further they go, and more $$ ownership is lining their pockets in profit off the teams success. Its an inverse relationship from player to management perspective.

Dubas selling Stanley Cup to the players, but also selling big profit to his own bosses MLSE for them if he successfully convinces the players its on them as to how strong the team is on the ice.

Not sure Leaf players nor their agents won't see through this. IMO
Somebody should tell Willie by the time We sign Mathews and Marner we will be a cap maxed out team. No hope in hell we wont be.We'd liketo spend more but the league wont let us. So how much does he think we can Sign Marner, Mathews and himself for? If he thinks we are being unreasonable with him, well he is telling us there is noway we can get all three. Unfortunately he is the 3rd most valued of the three and if we cant have them all, thanks for the info Willie and see ya.

Faltorvo

Feb 18, 2008
I mean I undetsand that you think Nylander is a complete dog s**t player. But my point is that I don't see a trade where we would get a defenceman that would comensate the loss of Nylander. The point is I don't want a Adam Larsson type of guy at the expense of Nylander. What team would trade their top D for a winger like Nylander? If the season has started and Nylander is still asking for way too much then there is not much we can do, but we're not there yet.

well now,,,seeing him as a 6m x 7y =s complete dog sht player

ok good to know,,thanks.

kb

Aug 28, 2009
It's shocking, yes SHOCKING, that the Nylander Cheerleading Club shows up en masse to support their guy. Give him whatever he wants? Uh, no.

He's proven squat. If he wants the big bucks then prove it by accepting a bridge deal.

Let's work with this for a second. Suppose what Gramps said in his post is accurate as far as the numbers. The Leafs are at $50 million/8 ($6.25 AAV) and Nylanders at $60 million/8 ($7.5 AAV). Barring using the words "hope", and "potential", what makes anyone think Nylander is worth $7.5 million AAV at this time?

Oh, one last thing. It ain't all about points, point, points, points, points.

Yes, please list all the posts that say to give Nylander whatever he wants. You have a bizarre take on things.....

Faltorvo

Feb 18, 2008
Somebody should tell Willie by the time We sign Mathews and Marner we will be a cap maxed out team. No hope in hell we wont be.We'd liketo spend more but the league wont let us. So how much does he think we can Sign Marner, Mathews and himself for? If he thinks we are being unreasonable with him, well he is telling us there is noway we can get all three. Unfortunately he is the 3rd most valued of the three and if we cant have them all, thanks for the info Willie and see ya.

one could fairly argue he is our 7th most important player on the roster.

Svanstrom

Oct 26, 2013
Lund, Sweden
well now,,,seeing him as a 6m x 7y =s complete dog sht player

ok good to know,,thanks.
Well I see him in the range of 6 to 7m depending on lenght of the contract. I think most people do.
The way you speak makes it sound as if he is basically worthless for the team, that he is deplorable.

Notsince67

Papi and the Lamplighters
Apr 27, 2018
I am sure Marner is glad that the heat isn't on him yet. I can't get my mind off what will happen with the delay of his contract negotiations if he puts up something line 8 points against Montreal, Ottawa and Detroit in the beginning of the season.
One side: He aint worth more than Nylander
Other side: He is a 218 point elite forward.
One side: Tavares is carrying him
Other side: Put him on Matthews line then
One side: We should now trade him for an #1 D if he doesn't sign right away
Other side: No it should be Nylander
Dumbest side: We should trade Kadri
Dreger: Marner is asking for $11MM

kb

Aug 28, 2009
Dubas preaching "We before Me" to the players to take less $$, but Willie might see that as "We (MLSE management) before Me (Nylander)".

The stronger the Leafs team as a result of players making individual sacrifices financially, means more playoff game receipts the further they go, and more $$ ownership is lining their pockets in profit off the teams success. Its an inverse relationship from player to management perspective.

Dubas selling Stanley Cup to the players, but also selling big profit to his own bosses MLSE for them if he successfully convinces the players its on them as to how strong the team is on the ice.

Not sure Leaf players nor their agents won't see through this. IMO
So you think they should keep the team weak and hurt the owners in the pocketbook?

Oh....by the way.....guess who else benefits from the team's successes? Yup, the players!!! Weird eh? Cap goes up.

Menzinger

Kessel4LadyByng
Apr 24, 2014
St. Paul, MN
From my observations, Willie seems the most reserved and selfish of the our young 3 and for this reason many undervalue or dawg him. He rarely does interviews or talks to the media. He does not do a lot in the community and he seems to be the least approachable (I could be wrong). Now we have a lot of good forwards (Mathews, Tavares, Marner, Kadri, Marleau). If hes staying pat at a high number maybe now is the time to trade him for a younger stud d. we could package him and Jake the snake also.

character means a lot and we need team players. The leafs have not been the best run organization in a while understandably (look at Detroit), but if we are to have sustained success we need to foster character, selfishness on anyone's part will not help. To me he seems to think he is above the team, I hope I'm wrong.

I’m not sure that being quite means that somebody has poor character....

He’s done plenty of charity events across the gta the last couple years including visits to Sick Kids. I don’t really care about players personal lives but he seems alright to me

Reactions: Svanstrom
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad