Confirmed Signing with Link: [NYI] Robin Lehner signs with the Islanders (1 year, $1.5M)

inthe6ix

Oct 3, 2008
Toronto, Canada
Lehner meh, he can fight, but maybe too many shots to the head because he's a total mental case when he breaks down.

Expecting not much difference with his performance next season as Greiss is the better goalie, but 1yr @1.5 sure why not.

LordNeverLose

Jul 2, 2015
Picking a fight
I'd leave too if I had to play in front of him. Team is hopeless
tenor.gif

Yatzhee

Aug 5, 2010
And yet he put up same stats as 12m price last season.

Lehner is hated for his person not the actual goalie. Chad johnson had even worse stats than lehner. Which goalue will do good in buffalo?
I do not hate, anyone. I am pointing out what I myself witnessed from Robin Lehner while he ran his tenure here in Buffalo.
Asking about other goalies and which would do well in Buffalo is a red herring conversation. The statement you responded to was about Robin Lehner, not about any other goalie.
He made 1 save in shootouts, 1. Yet you completely ignore that. He let in very bad goals, many of them at critical times in games, due to his inability to secure the short side post or his lack of lateral movement, yet you ignore that.
There is nothing left to say.

Beautvillier

beauvillier fan club
Nov 26, 2016
Florida
I do not hate, anyone. I am pointing out what I myself witnessed from Robin Lehner while he ran his tenure here in Buffalo.
Asking about other goalies and which would do well in Buffalo is a red herring conversation. The statement you responded to was about Robin Lehner, not about any other goalie.
He made 1 save in shootouts, 1. Yet you completely ignore that. He let in very bad goals, many of them at critical times in games, due to his inability to secure the short side post or his lack of lateral movement, yet you ignore that.
we just need a short term halak replacement while one of soderstrom or sorokin develop for the nhl, his flaws aren't that worrisome when we're planning to tank anyways.

Reactions: PWJunior

Digable5

Buffalo Proton (Positively Charged)
Feb 23, 2004
West Seneca
And yet he put up same stats as 12m price last season.

Lehner is hated for his person not the actual goalie. Chad johnson had even worse stats than lehner. Which goalue will do good in buffalo?
Yep. If the stats say he’s as good as Carey Price he must be Carey Price’s equal. And Carter Hutton is the new Dominik Hasek.

You can throw out the opinion of hockey fans that watched him every game for the last few years if you want to but what about the GM that didn’t qualify him? What about the GMs that didn’t make an offer? What about Lou who only gave him 1 year at 1.5M? Nobody offered him more money or more years. That should tell you everything you need to know about his skill and personality.

The “overrated and lockeroom cancer” Evander Kane got 7x7.

If anyone thought Lehner was a good goalie behind a bad defense they would have offered more money to make sure he didn’t sign elsewhere. If Lou thought he was great and would take only 1.5M, wouldn’t he lock him down for more years at that “bargain” price?

DDRhockey

Hockeyfan since 1986
Oct 11, 2017
There are no shootouts in playoffs

Reactions: Kevin27NYI

Yatzhee

Aug 5, 2010
There are no shootouts in playoffs
The playoffs need to be attainable. You do that by gathering points in the regular season. Robin Lehner cost the Buffalo Sabres a number of points. He wasn't the only issue on the Sabres, but he was most certainly one of them.
Like I said, there is nothing left to say.

Talain

Mar 7, 2007
The playoffs need to be attainable. You do that by gathering points in the regular season. Robin Lehner cost the Buffalo Sabres a number of points. He wasn't the only issue on the Sabres, but he was most certainly one of them.
Like I said, there is nothing left to say.
If a couple of shootouts are the difference between making the playoffs or not, then the team was unlikely to be making much noise in the playoffs to begin with. Sure it could make a difference in seeding, but a good team will find a way to win no matter who it's playing, and in the playoffs no matchup is ever "easy".

Yatzhee

Aug 5, 2010
If a couple of shootouts are the difference between making the playoffs or not, then the team was unlikely to be making much noise in the playoffs to begin with. Sure it could make a difference in seeding, but a good team will find a way to win no matter who it's playing, and in the playoffs no matchup is ever "easy".
I love it when the bar keeps getting set further back. First it was Lehner was the victim of a bad defense, then it was the playoff subject line, now it's well you may make the playoffs but a team that barely scrapes in by shootout wins shouldn't be there, and it's the players in front of him fault.

Simply laughable is all I have to say. Robin Lehner sucked, point blank. If you didn't watch every game, your really just wearing blinders.

Thrasymachus

Jul 1, 2018
islander fans are sensitive atm lol

I would agree that outside Barzal our lineup isnt amazing. Several solid players, alot of clunkers

pigpen65

Jul 25, 2011
Isles fans, you are about to see a goalie choke like you have never seen a goalie choke before.

paulmm3

Mar 29, 2014
I'm a Sabres fan. I watched a lot of games this year. I like this signing for NYI. We weren't going to offer sheet him at $4M because he's not worth that but at $1.5 for one year, probably worth it. He's a little hard to assess because of how horrible our defense was last year. He won us some games and I thought performed at about NHL average level during regulation. He couldn't stop my grandmother shooting a beach ball in a shootout.

Reactions: Thrasymachus

72hockey guy

Nov 24, 2017
I spoke to all the knowledgeable Sabres fans all last year and they didn't lie. Lehner is a headcase with poor lateral movement. Cannot stop a blind paraplegic in a wheelchair in overtime and blamed everyone but himself for the bad goals he lets in at least once a game. That said he was non tendered and is desperate for a starting job. After John the liar played us we are due a miracle. So why not. If he stinks up the joint we might get Jack Hughes out of it.

Thanks to Yahtzee Stokes84 pigpen65 and the other brutally honest Sabres fans who valued honesty and credibility for their courage to say what they thought. Many others wouldn't have done so. it says a lot about their character that they did. It's something John Tavares should have learned when he was a Stick boy in Buffalo it's too bad he didnt.

Reactions: Yatzhee

wingnutks

Nov 17, 2011
Isles fans, you are about to see a goalie choke like you have never seen a goalie choke before.
Agree, after years of having steadfast goaltending on Long Island it will be so refreshing to have someone who is unsteady and unreliable.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad