Confirmed Signing with Link: [NYI] Robin Lehner signs with the Islanders (1 year, $1.5M)

airbus220

Feb 19, 2012
If nothing else lehner helps the islanders ability to goon it up...

I'm starting to get amused at the prospects of how some islanders games are gonna go...

I'm sure Trotz will go in that direction. I can already see it, JT will get his face washed.

airbus220

Feb 19, 2012
It is possible other Goalies would have signed but neglected to do so because Tavares left

Not because of JT. Isles were a goalie graveyard under Snow. Lehner could improve much and have a future with Isles, but it would be a miracle if Isles would become a top destination for goalies.

Howie Hodge

Zombie Woof
Sep 16, 2017
Buffalo, NY
It would be a miracle if Robin Lehner could improve!!

Although that being said, when the stars and planets align properly, Robin Lehner can actually play well for a few games. But he promptly goes back to his mistake ridden self soon after...

Reactions: Riseonfire

Sam Spade

May 4, 2009
Maryland
Islanders getting Korn to come aboard FULL TIME (he semi-retired last season, Scott Murray ran the day to day stuff) would mean as much, if not more, to the Islanders organization than getting Trotz.

Reactions: Cygnusx1018

olli

Unregistered User
Dec 2, 2016
cÃnÃdÃ
I’m so happy for Lehner. Hopefully he’s doing well mentally and not just playing great. It’s amazing that he managed to put up a .920 save while having an alcohol problem.

Reactions: Cygnusx1018

nickdawg95

scoutdawg
Jan 7, 2016
very happy for Robin, always knew he had it in him,
Has he improved in shootouts/ 1 on 1 serious question ???

Kevin27NYI

Aug 5, 2009
very happy for Robin, always knew he had it in him,
Has he improved in shootouts/ 1 on 1 serious question ???
Yep, gotta think Korn had a hand in that.
Love the July hot takes in this thread, especially from a specific fan base. Love it.

Reactions: Macch

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
It was a perfect contract and a good story, with the Isles Sorokin probably very near being NHL ready. Good for Lou giving Robin a chance this year. So far it is looking good for both.

Cygnusx1018

Jul 17, 2017
He's been fantastic for us. I was skeptical, but now I am a Robin Lehner fan. both for his play on the ice and because I have struggled with mental illness as well and it is great to be able to empathize with someone on my favorite team. I'm puling for you Robin.

paulmm3

Mar 29, 2014
Good signing for NYI. Buffalo was never going to tender him at $4.5M per so no hard feelings from this end.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->