Confirmed Signing with Link: [NYI] Robin Lehner signs with the Islanders (1 year, $1.5M)

Chardo

Apr 27, 2007
He's better than DiPietro, who's the best goalie they're still paying.

Cotton

May 13, 2013
This might shock some of the younger, less experienced forum members but some of us were not expecting tavares to re-sign, and given the volume of forwards in the pipeline and vast improvement in coaching, understand that TEAMS, not players, win in hockey. The LVK should help make that point clear.

I love it when people make those “experience” remarks without having the foggiest idea who is in the other end reading it. But I thank you for the lesson, much appreciated, I feel like you’ve uncracked some long hidden code about hockey that was just out of my grasp, god... lol, I feel so much relief, it’s like the matrix now where all this code suddenly makes sense. PeterPuck? f*** no, Bobby Nystroms hairstylist... that who!

But seriously, that poster with the uneccesary snark, my words towards them are meant for them, and not as some general statement towards every Islander fan.

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011
So he'll be our Lundqvist?
Swing and a miss. Like, a really wide miss. Lundqvist pretty much took most of the blame for everything, his mistakes and his teammates mistake for nearly his first 10 years.

SlimCharles

Kings & Sabres
Dec 7, 2011
Los Angeles
From my experience as a goalie, skaters disagree. Some craziness is fun and good, but you want a goalie to exude calmness and reliability, which transfers to the guys in front of him. Defensemen wondering whether they can count on their goalie to make the save when they should just execute the right play between taking a pass or a shot away is the type of thing that sinks teams.
100% truth. Ron Hextall is probably the only goalie I've ever seen in which that doesn't apply to.

Yatzhee

Aug 5, 2010
I've always liked Lehner's talent. Buffalo has been a tire fire. I still think he can be a post hype breakout candidate like Dubnyk. I like it for Isles.
Yea, well, as a Sabres fan who has watched every Sabres game since Lehner became a Sabre, I can tell you straight out your bull shit ting yourself. He was a massive part of the problem. Specifically his skill level. But, you think what you want to think. Have a nice day now.

Gilles Meloche

I Moe I Moe
Feb 18, 2006
Toronto, Canada
I thought Lehner was the best UFA goalie available this off season (but that wasn’t saying much). Still think he can be a legitimate starter in this league but obviously I like him more than most.

Good stop gap until Sorokin comes over.

Reactions: Ricklongisland

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad