Confirmed Signing with Link: [NYI] Robin Lehner signs with the Islanders (1 year, $1.5M)

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
Not the best(easiest) place to go to raise your value.

Top Corner

Feb 27, 2002
Mtl
Visit site
I listen/read what people here are saying and I wonder if anyone has ever played or
Have any concept of the game

This team has had poor management for years and continued to mismanage assets to the point they can’t afford to make any moves. Lehner would be a huge plus and
Depending on Money could find his game at the right time solving our goaltender issues for years to come. If they do sign him mark my words

I Like Eich

Oct 15, 2014
Lehner is a good sports psychologist away from being a really good #1 IMO.

I agree with this, except i don't think that good of a psychologist exists in the world today.

Lehner is a complete nut-job. He's got good talent, but is inconsistent because of his own mental breakdowns.

Maybe competing for a starting role will bring out the best talent in him. I'd have my doubts though.

Nick Hansen

Sep 28, 2017
May have produced fine numbers in his career, thing is you just can't trust him. Lets in the weakest of goals at the worst of times. Doesn't inspire confidence in his defense.

Reactions: Snippit

kovacro

Uvijek Vjerni
Nov 20, 2008
Hamilton, ON
I actually like as an isles fan. I think Lehner has a lot of potential. Hisncareer nunbers are respectable and he had a down year last year.

Apparently not the best team guy from what I heard on Buffalo sports radio.

Maybe a fresh start does him good.

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
I like him. Lets in the occasional bad one but overall solid on most nights. Just needs to keep his head straight and on the puck.
Good luck nyi

Kevin27NYI

Aug 5, 2009
Bad move for Lehner.
NYI's goalies will have a hard time with that terrible defence in front of them.

If Lehner signs there, it's one year and out of the league for him.
Well we started bringing in forwards that know where the D zone is, and can play on the PK.

Vipers31

Advanced Stagnostic
Aug 29, 2008
Cologne, Germany
Hope he thrives on the Islanders, always liked him. The crazier the goalie the better.
From my experience as a goalie, skaters disagree. Some craziness is fun and good, but you want a goalie to exude calmness and reliability, which transfers to the guys in front of him. Defensemen wondering whether they can count on their goalie to make the save when they should just execute the right play between taking a pass or a shot away is the type of thing that sinks teams.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $1,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $220.00